Disney Parks Revenue up

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And they didn't design the system for you. They designed it for the one time visitor. they don't get the return from someone like you that they do from the 9 day vacationers. That's who this is aimed at. Frankly, you're the unfortunate benefactor of the whole thing in their eyes. They want to cut as many of you out as possible. Proof of THAT is how much AP's have raised exponentially over the past few years. They're trying to price people like you out. Or at least some percentage of people like you.

My main point is this isn't the WDW of 15 years ago. They didn't do all this to HELP you. They did it because it was a way to get more out of your wallet without addeding rides or improving. That's what drives me nuts.

And yes, they're adding more now. I think because they didn't have a choice. It was too long a down period, and Uni has been going crazy. They're keeping up with the joneses... not leading the industry. Not anymore.

Not even doing a good job of keeping up with the Joneses at that. And let's face it Uni is succeeding in spite of their management as the Jimmy Fallon abomination shows (mgt won that round :-( ) and the premature opening of VB.

Nothing Disney has done recently is a groundbreaking attraction the best they have done recently is FoP aka Soarin 2.0.

Daveeeeed

Well, Screamin has FP. But the real reason it typically has a reasonable wait is that it's in a park with enough other headline attractions that the demand is far more dispersed than it ever has been at DHS. I'm not sure it will even be comparable when Star Wars Land opens in DHS.
Exactly!

Rumrunner

I'm not surprised, cutting costs everywhere whilst raising prices and adding more and more extra cost experiences and events. Whilst an easy way to boost profit, it's not sustainable in the long run.
We are in the planning stage a 2018 trip with kids and grandkids-3 families. The fact Disney is so expensive and we see that MK is closing at 10PM and we are starting to reevaluate. We do love Disney but closing the MK at such an early hour-esp during the summer just doesn't seem fair to the patrons.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We are in the planning stage a 2018 trip with kids and grandkids-3 families. The fact Disney is so expensive and we see that MK is closing at 10PM and we are starting to reevaluate. We do love Disney but closing the MK at such an early hour-esp during the summer just doesn't seem fair to the patrons.

We are no longer the customer Wall St is, we just provide the funding

SoManyWasps

We are no longer the customer Wall St is, we just provide the funding
Wow, that's a little mean spirited. Can you imagine what Disney would be without shareholders?
1.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Again... It wasn't necessary to the experience until MM+.

Argue all you want about how it needed to happen, or that it's expected in the 21st century or what have you. That's an entirely different argument than I'm making. My point is that it wasn't necessary to the park experience until MM+. That's just a fact.

Before MM+ the park experience was put phone in safe till check out day and check out from reality for a week or so. I loved that about Disney.

Now its keep your phone on and guess what for some of us that means customers and colleagues calling so why the heck did I go to Disney if im doing emails fielding calls and on my usual conference calls

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom