The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was so happy when Joffery's hit Disney early this decade. That old sludge syrup stuff was nasty. Only good thing about going home or eating in a quality TS restaurant was a decent cup of coffee. Disney clung to the coffee syrup way too long. Seems you are enjoying your vacation.
One thing I enjoyed about being off site in the Nescafe days was a decent cup of coffee every morning:hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Have they ever considered a therapy dog for your son? I've seen awesome results here with pups with kids on the spectrum especially in school situations.
Last time we checked none of the costs would be covered and we would have wound up paying for all the training for the pup and my ds out of pocket:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:. I know things have changed for the better and we may look into it again but none of us are quite ready for another dog. The boys think maybe getting a cat or ferret may be in their future, I'm not so sure I want somebody I'll be totally responsible for quite yet.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The worst part is, the girl who got chosen was a cashier in the electronics dept. at the other store and somehow she was qualified enough to be shot up to a supervisor position in the baby and preschool toys dept. I asked her what she needed help with this morning and the answer I got was "I dont know". That's typically not the answer you should be giving someone.

Sorry to hear about all this. The workplace is a strange animal. Think I've seen it all down through the years.

Just curious -- could you approach whomever was in charge of the hiring process, to see if you could find out what specific (additional) type of skill, they're looking for in a supervisor position--so that you could maybe work on that for a future opportunity. (Or, if this latest move by the company has turned you off sufficiently, then sometimes it makes more sense to just look for better work elsewhere, in a different company.)

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

MOXOMUMD

Thanks! It was (sorry so late...again :cyclops:) indeed sooooo very cool. Again, it's a very stable flight platform, and is impossible to stall. I felt so happy, safe, and free from start to finish...after all, it's fun to be free...!!!!!:D :happy: ;)

View attachment 212121

Also, thanks on the sneakers, too!
I initially bought them for our Feb. of '16 Princess 5K WDW trip, and they have held up well...! :)
I have that postcard. :geek:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
On our June of '13 trip, we took my MIL and our niece for both of their first visits (along with DWifey, myself, our 3 kiddos, and SonIL) to WDW.
Our nieces parents were going through a divorce at the time, and she was only about 6-ish, at the time...? :cyclops:
I still worked at our local Disney Store, and had enough of my own saved up complimentary Park passes, plus plenty of ones that were gifted to me by my fellow CMs that knew they were never going to use them, so they gifted them to me.
BIL covered their airfare, and we covered the rest. Niece and MIL just definitely needed a break from all the craziness. I had a 60% CM resort discount, and a 50% DDP discount, at the time.
We bought her a Cinderella (her favorite Disney Princess) dress from the Disney Store that I worked at before we left, and had already prepaid for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
They arrived 2 nights after us, and we surprised them with everything in the lobby of ASMusic after they got off the bus.
Yes, totally frivolous. And, we also made a CRT
ADR for them directly after BBB...!!!!! :joyfull:
Our niece wore the dress (she got so many compliments on her hair and dress...it was so awesome for her) They both had the time of their lives...!!!!! :happy:

That is definitely one of the sweetest things I've read on this forum. You're a really great uncle :inlove:

We'll likely do BBB when my daughter is older (she'll be two months shy of three when we go). No judgement whatsoever on the experience or the cost. My point was just that the price point for the stroller was around the same as BBB and Disney is selling out on BBB spots six months ahead of time. So I'm guessing the stroller will do well also.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Sorry to hear about all this. The workplace is a strange animal. Think I've seen it all down through the years.

Just curious -- could you approach whomever was in charge of the hiring process, to see if you could find out what specific (additional) type of skill, they're looking for in a supervisor position--so that you could maybe work on that for a future opportunity. (Or, if this latest move by the company has turned you off sufficiently, then sometimes it makes more sense to just look for better work elsewhere, in a different company.)

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

The store manager told me he wanted to split up the baby and preschool toys dept by bringing in one more supervisor and that if he could get the okay, I was the next in line cause he wanted to move me up. Whether or not that happens, is up to corporate.

StarWarsGirl

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Congrats on the new kitty but is there any better temporary living situation for her? I know by me there's emergency fostering but I'm not sure how it works.
I'm asking my cousin to take her until either she finds a home or my cousin-in-law can get her to me. Also want her to take the cat to the vet to make sure she doesn't have anything she can give to Belle, who is still my priority.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Happy Monday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. Hopefully this day goes fast. :)

tumblr_o7rd7yuWr11v4a8wfo2_1280.png

Goofyernmost

I think way back in time before the word organic came into play the company I had the most respect for was Gerber (baby food) They went through some great lenghts to do soil tests on the farms that were allowed by Gerber.

Yes. I believe there is some fraud still happening with the whole Certified Organic, also believe far less than before.

And the garden hose brought me back to my teens. A trip to Acapulco.
We drank Coke by day and Margaritas by night. There was a glass water cooler in the hallways for guests. I got up early one morning and went to fill the pitcher to brush our teeth. There was a gardener filling up the glass water cooler with the garden hose. :jawdrop::banghead::facepalm:
When I was in Vietnam, we drank water from the old glass "bubbler" type water coolers. The water was a yellowish color and had a variety of things, bugs etc. floating in it. Drank it anyway because it was wet and cold. Never got sick, nothing! Nothing ever happened. Probably why I worry so little about the products we are getting today.
The above statement is in no way an endorsement for drinking yellowish, mystery infested water. It is just to point out that a whole lot of the world survives quite nicely on things that we would consider totally repulsive.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
. It is just to point out that a whole lot of the world survives quite nicely on things that we would consider totally repulsive.

This is so true! This is one of the bigger reasons I think world travel is so important. I've watched people do laundry in a bucket of water, then do dishes in the same bucket of water, then use that water to boil the vegetables for my dinner. And yep, I sure did eat it (and it was delicious, if you could forget about the water thing, LOL).

betty rose

Good morning but I hope today is the day @betty rose is all better and can check in with us.
Hi, I'm back... lots of things going on, the boy's were sick, and so was I. It was a two and one half week virus. It hit all over the body. I'm feeling much better, but far from well. Mine went into a bacterial bronchitis infection. This has happened the last two trips. We are going to try one more. But we may have to be out for Disney. Or we only do things outside of the park. That's okay, for me. I'm feeling my age more and more. Now, I'm more rested, and don't feel horrible. Other things are going on with the family, so it's been double stress. Hubby planned a trip to the mountains, we drive, and spend 4th of July, resting. We will go to the Rocky Mountain Park, and sit in the amphitheater to watch for animals, and the afternoon thunderstorms. We may stay for the campfire program, or maybe not. It may be too much smoke or we can sit in the back. They are lots of fun, usually informative about the park. Sorry, I haven't been on for so long....I spent a lot of time visiting Mary Jane (bathroom). Or being sick to my stomach....then the cough that kept me up all night. I'm glad to be back on, and a big hello to everyone, from me. I see I have a lot of catch up to do. As hubby says....all in good time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom