Construction at POP?

Dana223

Original Poster
I am planning a trip for August 2017. We are deciding between All-Star Sports/Music or POP. I like that POP only has one bus stop but am worried how the construction will effect our stay. Any thoughts or recent experiences with the construction at POP?

Rsj88

We stayed there last December. We did not see or hear any construction. I'm not sure how far we were from the construction but it did not impact us at all :)

aimeeg

we just returned from pop on friday and saw no evidence of any construction happening...we were in the 50s section so maybe there are working in the 80s or 90s section...but no noise...nothing

Raegansmommy

We were there in December and I never heard a sound from construction. The only thing that was quite annoying is that they pressure washed the pool area at 5am.

Captain Barbossa

I am planning a trip for August 2017. We are deciding between All-Star Sports/Music or POP. I like that POP only has one bus stop but am worried how the construction will effect our stay. Any thoughts or recent experiences with the construction at POP?
What construction?

DisneyDreamer08

There is a much longer thread about this over in the News & Rumors section. The rooms were supposedly getting new furnishings, some rooms getting Murphy beds. No one really has any idea though which rooms are complete and which are still being worked on. I'm sure you can call and request a finished room or a room away from construction.

mguimond1990

I am currently at Pop and I couldn't tell you where the construction is...I did get an email from Disney about possible distrupions during my trip but I haven't noticed anything. And to your original post, I'd choose Pop over all stars any day. Better bus system, better food court.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
POP is having its rooms refurbished, currently the whole of the 90's building is unavailable as it is the first one to be done, I had an email from Virgin Holidays the other day saying as I was staying at POP that there is room renovations going on so there may be some noise etc during set times.

Cdn Mickey

We had no luck getting into Pop. in September. Not sure if it was due to limited rooms for FD or construction?
TA has been watching to see if we could transfer back to Pop.
If not its okay.
Looking forward to checking out a different location.

Kamikaze

Yes, the gondola station for Pop/AoA will be built above Hourglass Lake. The construction won't interfere with your trip unless you're looking to take a lot of pictures of the lake.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Sorry for the thread bump, I looked and believe this is the best thread to ask the question. We have a Pop room standard pool view booked in 34 days. I thought that would include the 90's but looking at TouringPlans all rooms in the 90s are standard (non-pool) even the ones that face the pool. Then looking at the 80's I see only a few rooms are considered standard pool view.

Does anyone know which of the 80's buildings they are working on now and if a pool room will be finished within the next month?

TIA!!!!

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

That map shows where the Standard Pool views are , and the 80's buildings wont be ready for a while as they have only just started the process on them so will be unavailable for a couple of months.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

That map shows where the Standard Pool views are , and the 80's buildings wont be ready for a while as they have only just started the process on them so will be unavailable for a couple of months.
Thanks. Interesting as I would expect 90's to be standard pool view which this shows, but TouringPlans room finder says there is not a 90's standard pool view. I will enter in one of those rooms anyway and hope. Though at check in I will again ask for a remodeled room in case they try to put us in an old one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom