Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
And then post the results here. I'm really lazy, and I'd rather not do it myself unless I have to.
The exterior of the door coaster would be nice. Not amazing, but think Crush at WDSP. Lower building with a long and intricately themed line, accessed off Pixar Place. All the factory interiors seen in the film. Then a gravity building directly behind holding the second lift and the majority of the ride, with a facade akin to the factory design seen in TDL.

Still trying to find the details of inside the ride... But there is an old thread for the Door Coaster and @marni1971 does share bits about this ride like his draft drawing (great drawing Martin!). Hope this helps @TJ Vazquez and @BlindChow

njDizFan

The exterior of the door coaster would be nice. Not amazing, but think Crush at WDSP. Lower building with a long and intricately themed line, accessed off Pixar Place. All the factory interiors seen in the film. Then a gravity building directly behind holding the second lift and the majority of the ride, with a facade akin to the factory design seen in TDL.

This is the only thing I could find

Roakor

I can only imagine what the crush of people in this expansion will be like. Maybe the hunger for a land like this will be so great that more Star Wars will be ordered. If able to choose between a second Star Wars expansion or a Monstropolis expansion in DHS, I would bet that more people would want a further expanded SWL than Mike and Sully - just my honest opinion. Especially after the rich level of detail and immersion is experienced, including what might be premier ride experiences, my bet is that the average park goers will want more Star Wars.

If star wars Land is a major success I would rather see them open that mythical 5th gate and create a whole theme park around it. there is certainly more than enough to fill an entire park with star wars. Likely won't happen but one can dream....

brb1006

I may be in the minority (for those who have been on it) but I've been on Ride and Go Seek a few times in TDL but didn't think it was that great, then again I'm far from their target audience...though I always love going on Winnie the Pooh
Ride and Go Seek makes the DCA ride (Soon to be closed) look sad especially with the good looking AA's for Mike,Sully and Boo. Unlike the one at DCA where they are just static.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Yep.

I've seen the video of the ride and man it's hideous. lol

It's funny because if you watch a side-by-side of Superstar Limo and Monster's Inc, you'll note that all (or most) of the "Celebrities" in Superstar Limo were literally just re-skinned (same standing position, some in the same physical location, some moved within the ride... for example, look for the Monstropolis Clean Up guy [in yellow] in the same kicking position as the Jackie Chan character) as Monster's Inc Characters... I mean, I know they did what they did to save money and do it in as short a time as possible, but you can tell that they were really under the gun to replace it with SOMETHING!

Last edited:

2351metalcloud

Why didn't they ever just make attractions like this coaster for a bunch of these Pixar movies in EPCOT? Were they ever planning on it at some point? I guess many fans of the traditional EPCOT would dislike the attractions, but I think many visitors to Disney would have liked it if they were done well.

A lot of the movies seem to fit an EPCOT pavilion: A Bug's Life-Living with the Land, Monsters, Inc.-Universe of Energy, Incredibles-Wonders of Life (not a great fit, but some of it kind of fits with the themes of the movie), Finding Nemo-The Living Seas, Cars-Test Track, Ratatouille-Festival Center/France Pavilion, Up-Soarin' Around the World, Brave-UK Pavilion, Inside Out-Wonders of Life, The Good Dinosaur-Living with the Land.

doctornick

The DCA Monsters ride is mediocre, but would be the perfect kind of filler needed for DHS. I wouldn't object to moving the contents of that ride across the country if/when it closes out in California. And unlike the new Toy Story rides, it would actually be an all ages/no height restriction ride in a park that really needs such rides.

A retheme of RNR to Monsters doesn't make much sense to me and seems to have been debunked. But I wouldn't mind a Monsters mini land with the DCA ride, a move of Laugh Floor to DHS and a Harry Hausen restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom