Trip Report Will it ever stop raining? Our June 2017 trip

Hi, all!! I've finally had a chance to start going through my photos and thought I would get started on my trip report! For those of you not familiar, here is my pre-trip report:
Adventure is out there...June 2017
If you don't want to read the PTR, here is a brief synopsis before I get started:
Who: Me (Amy), DH (Brian), DS Logan (14), DD Lily (12), and DS Owen (9)
When: June 2-17, 2017
Where: Universal Studios (Hard Rock Hotel), Disney (Art of Animation), and SeaWorld

For those of you who followed along with the live portion of my PTR, I apologize that some of the photos will be the same. I'm too lazy to go back and remember which ones I used!

I experienced one of the longest days of my life on Friday, June 2!! We left Dayton, Ohio before 5am.

Neither one of us drinks coffee, but we definitely needed some caffeine to start our morning! We stopped for the best Coke in the world!!

McDonald's!!
We had a little delay in Cincinnati because I-75 was closed both directions and we had to take a little detour.:eek:
We waved @LisaBelle and @21stamps and any other Cinci friends as we finally drove over the bridge and entered Kentucky!

We made sure to get past Lexington before morning rush hour, and stopped in Richmond for breakfast.

The kids had never had Chick fil A for breakfast, so we had to correct that!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

You're welcome! That back up was the least of our worries that day! We had made up that time before we ever left Kentucky. Hope you're able to hang in there with me because this is going to end up being a long report!
Luckily I am a teacher and am on summer break so I am able to keep up with my TR obsession! I am in for as long as it takes :)!

amjt660

Premium Member
16 hours in one day is a long driving day
Love the comment on not being on speaking terms.;)
Did you and Brian share the load or was he the lone driver??

We as a family always from Canada to Disney ( World and Land).
My DH does not like to drive on the super busy highways and your 16 hour drive would probably by 18-19 for me (extra stops).

I did 20 hours from Nova Scotia to my home in Ontario by myself once
Left at 1pm on a Monday and hit the driveway at 7pm Tuesday ( so 20 hours of driving in 30 hours)
The longest portion was only 12.5 on the Tuesday though!!!

Too bad about the rain - I followed the live report so I know what is coming.:(

Looking forward to the detailed report

And remember I want to see you in a few pictures too (unlike the limited number in the Live report):rolleyes:

Max

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I can't imagine doing a drive like that in one day! The room at the Hard Rock looks great. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report!
Thanks!
I am in for the official TR! I wouldn't mind the road trip to WDW sans kids;)
I even said something about just not driving with the kids, and he insisted that we are not driving again, period!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
16 hours in one day is a long driving day
Love the comment on not being on speaking terms.;)
Did you and Brian share the load or was he the lone driver??

We as a family always from Canada to Disney ( World and Land).
My DH does not like to drive on the super busy highways and your 16 hour drive would probably by 18-19 for me (extra stops).

I did 20 hours from Nova Scotia to my home in Ontario by myself once
Left at 1pm on a Monday and hit the driveway at 7pm Tuesday ( so 20 hours of driving in 30 hours)
The longest portion was only 12.5 on the Tuesday though!!!

Too bad about the rain - I followed the live report so I know what is coming.:(

Looking forward to the detailed report

And remember I want to see you in a few pictures too (unlike the limited number in the Live report):rolleyes:

Max
He chose to drive the whole way down. I kept offering! I did drive a couple of times on the way home. I've never liked long car trips, but he wanted to try it!
I promise that I am in more of the pictures than you saw in the live report!

amjt660

Premium Member
The Hard rock pics bring back good memories
We stayed at Christmas in 2010 and 2014.
The pool area is very nice and the short walk to the parks is convenient.

I remember the Kitchen being a good restaurant as well - not sure if you tried that one

Max

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
The Hard rock pics bring back good memories
We stayed at Christmas in 2010 and 2014.
The pool area is very nice and the short walk to the parks is convenient.

I remember the Kitchen being a good restaurant as well - not sure if you tried that one

Max
We didn't get a chance to eat there. Loved the short walk to the parks.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I love McDonald's coke...but I also really love Disney coke!

I watched an interesting documentary a while back about the intricate and patented hose system that McDonald's uses on their Coke machines to maximize the flavor of the drinks coming out of it. I've always thought their Coke tasted better than anyone else's so it was really neat to see that this was because of science and engineering, not personal bias :joyfull::joyfull:

lostpro9het

Then we hit Georgia pretty quickly!

Then it all went downhill!!:mad:
We hit so many traffic delays that before we even hit Atlanta, Brian had declared that we would never drive again!! I was beyond ecstatic to hear him say those words!:D
As this came into view, I was waving to @Tuvalu , @lostpro9het , @imahistorygeek , and any other Atlanta friends on here!
Luckily, the rest of the drive through Georgia was uneventful! I won't repeat what I said about Georgia in my notes for that day, but it wasn't very flattering!:eek:

Georgia traffic is just garbage! Just be glad they fixed I-85 before you came through. I'm pretty sure your Georgia notes have been used by me on more than a dozen occasions. I'm still not sure if we suffer from a volume issue or an incompetency issue when it comes to Peach State drivers...either way you just got grin and go with it.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Georgia traffic is just garbage! Just be glad they fixed I-85 before you came through. I'm pretty sure your Georgia notes have been used by me on more than a dozen occasions. I'm still not sure if we suffer from a volume issue or an incompetency issue when it comes to Peach State drivers...either way you just got grin and go with it.
Well, whatever it is, it certainly helped me in my quest to not drive to Florida again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom