Soundstage 4 Demo Watch Thread

Goofyernmost

I know. But, again, it's not really specifically about the physical tour bridge.
And I would agree if the bridge in question was actually functioning as a living thing now. What it was attached to had been dead a very long time. All it is becomes a reminder, but, one shared by only a few. Many, witnessed by some of the questions asked, like "What's the bridge?" To me it's like saying... there used to be a rest room there that I used when we would do the walking tour. I sure do miss the bathroom. Had some of my best pee experiences there!:oops::happy:

Castle Cake Apologist

And I would agree if the bridge in question was actually functioning as a living thing now. What it was attached to had been dead a very long time. All it is becomes a reminder, but, one shared by only a few. Many, witnessed by some of the questions asked, like "What's the bridge?" To me it's like saying... there used to be a rest room there that I used when we would do the walking tour. I sure do miss the bathroom. Had some of my best pee experiences there!:oops::happy:

I guess it was just one of those fun little things that makes for good first timer trivia. Obviously YMMV.

Kman101

I don't begrudge anyone who has nostalgic attachment to how things once were. I have an attachment to a few things no longer available at WDW, but I don't dislike anything new because of said nostalgic attachment. What I dislike about certain things is the execution of them. I resented Pooh at WDW for a looong time because it replaced Mr. Toad, but I've seen been on it several times and it's a fun ride. Would I prefer Toad? I sure as heck would but I think hating something on principal doesn't do anyone any good. They're certainly entitled to feel however they want but Epcot and DHS are long past what they used to be. Would I love it to be Epcot Center as it was, just all brand shiny new and updated? Of course I would. But I don't hate we're getting Ratoutille in France because it was once a "no character" park. I do question Guardians, I do question HOW they've implemented IPs into the park (Nemo and Frozen I'm looking at you) but to dislike every new thing because it's "IP" I don't understand. I'd love new attractions that are homegrown IPs but that doesn't mean I'll dislike every new thing based on an IP that they do, unless it's not executed well.

I don't blame anyone for missing what the parks original missions were but they're going to be different parks. It's just how it is.

roj2323

DDCM9mMXkAANtXH.jpg

complements of https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

Acidsplat

It's just a hallway. What it lead to was worthy perhaps of interest, but, the bridge itself was totally a utility like a stairway would be. The only stairway I have any memory of was the one I fell on and permanently caused damage to my leg. That one I'd sooner forget.
You really don't need to be so smug about it.
I have memories of the first bridge leading into the Soundstages with tv monitors and a "No filming or video recording" before entering. I had forgotten if there was anything similar in the second tour bridge and thought I would ask about it, like if any signs or tvs were still there.

As we've seen with those unauthorized videos backstage at WoL recently, there's a lot of abandoned things rotting.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

You really don't need to be so smug about it.
I have memories of the first bridge leading into the Soundstages with tv monitors and a "No filming or video recording" before entering. I had forgotten if there was anything similar in the second tour bridge and thought I would ask about it, like if any signs or tvs were still there.

As we've seen with those unauthorized videos backstage at WoL recently, there's a lot of abandoned things rotting.
Smug, really? There was nothing smug about it. It was fact as to its purpose and utility. It wasn't part of any attraction anymore then the tile floor was. That is all I'm saying. Yes, I understand that some feel that it is the last vestige of the old DHS, but, there are plenty of original things left to focus our nostalgia on. It is, to me.. a hallway. Not anymore important then the roof, the walls, the floors, the pavement outside and so on. While I can accept that is the first bridge that you were talking about, I feel pretty confident in saying that all that stuff disappeared ages ago, and even if it didn't there isn't anyway that anyone could get a long, last look. That's not smug that is more information that you didn't want to hear.

Acidsplat

Smug, really? There was nothing smug about it. It was fact as to its purpose and utility. It wasn't part of any attraction anymore then the tile floor was. That is all I'm saying. Yes, I understand that some feel that it is the last vestige of the old DHS, but, there are plenty of original things left to focus our nostalgia on. It is, to me.. a hallway. Not anymore important then the roof, the walls, the floors, the pavement outside and so on. While I can accept that is the first bridge that you were talking about, I feel pretty confident in saying that all that stuff disappeared ages ago, and even if it didn't there isn't anyway that anyone could get a long, last look. That's not smug that is more information that you didn't want to hear.
Thank you for the clarification :)

Jeremy P

Does anyone wonder how TDO is going to basically "hide" or "mask" all of these existing show buildings? When they built HS, it was built with the obvious intention of sticking with a "studio" theme but now that that's gone, they just have all of these tan buildings everywhere. My assumption is that they will begin to phase these out and try to cover them up- I'm just very curious to see how that's done.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Slowly coming down. I take it they will be doing more in that area once the building is down to make it more of a walkway through ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom