2,000 Days Straight at Disneyland

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm seriously annoyed that the resort announced this and they don't announce that I've done The Haunted Mansion more times than everyone else. I want recognition, Disney!

Fun story - the resort did not have anything to do with this other than respond for comment. Mr. Reitz took it upon himself to alert the local media of his "accomplishment". Again, Disneyland does not want this kind of thing.

Californian Elitist

Now you tell me!

LMAO Do you think I would have gone with you, and will continue to go with you to Disneyland if you annoyed me?

I would imagine it's a little tough for the CMs working Mansion and in New Orleans Square in general to easily spot the repeaters. You have to remember I worked in Fantasyland, mostly in the main courtyard. It's a small area, not to mention the rides there only allow a small number of people to ride in the vehicles at once, making it VERY easy to spot familiar faces. Mansion loads dozens into the elevator at once. Personally speaking, it would be hard for me to be able to pick out repeaters. But in Fantasyland? It was easy as pie.

nevol

Some guy on instagram has been on radiator springs racers over 9000 times. I don't even think I'll make it to 9, and I'm obviously a huge parks enthusiast. Sad is the right word, but there must be more to the story.

No Name

GiveMeTheMusic

If the guy is happy, I fail to see how this is sad. He's an adult, it's his choice. Who are we to judge?

But Walt Disney World does?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...utive-days-of-walt-disney-world-resort-magic/

It's sad because he tries to use it as leverage to gain access to media events. He sees himself as a lifestyler with a brand, a mini-celeb, and worthy of VIP/media access. TDA does not agree. I witnessed him yelling at a CM for not letting him into a media event. Not nice.

I can't speak for WDW, but the likelihood of others emulating that there is smaller than at DL, which has a huge AP population. All I can tell you is that right now, TDA would rather this guy stop, and him alerting the local media to his visit count doesn't help his case with them.

SSG

Fun story - the resort did not have anything to do with this other than respond for comment. Mr. Reitz took it upon himself to alert the local media of his "accomplishment". Again, Disneyland does not want this kind of thing.
Some of the articles talk about how Disney made a big deal when this guy hit 1000 visits, with Staggs giving them certificates and gifts in front of the castle. Sounds like Disney created the monster.

Phroobar

That guy should try it with three kids while packing/unpacking strollers and changing diapers. I'm sure he walks there too.

GiveMeTheMusic

Some of the articles talk about how Disney made a big deal when this guy hit 1000 visits, with Staggs giving them certificates and gifts in front of the castle. Sounds like Disney created the monster.

Yup - Staggs was there:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/12/couple-visits-disneyland-resort-every-day-in-2012/

I think because of the leap year they thought it was cute/interesting. I don't think they anticipated he would NEVER, EVER STOP, and now they are not interested in encouraging it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom