A Spirited Valentine ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My point is and always has been WHY the lame offerings, This is DISNEY not some mom-n-pop operation, The preview offerings don't have to be elaborate but they should offer a 'taste' of what the quality of the new land will be they don't even have to BE the same things that will be in the land, as an engineer I can tell you quality is a MINDSET it's not something that can be added at a later date.

Look at any interior shot of a Imperial Spacecraft the walls have lights which extend out of the wall, This could have been done easily with a vacuum molding machine. The cantina scene is beyond pathetic.

It's the DETAILS which have always defined Disney and this shows Disney no longer CARES about the details. But Itz Staa Warz and for that simple fact Disney is counting on the rubes to pile in no matter how poorly executed the land is.
I personally have no issue with a temporary exhibit lacking the full range of details. It has no bearing on the new land they are building.

I know you are never planning on actually seeing it, but have you seen videos or pictures with the level of details within Pandora? Even FLE is full of extra those details in typical Disney style. Most of the complaints on recent projects at WDW has been the lack of truly innovative E ticket rides (with the exception of FoP). FLE and Pandora are not lacking at all in details or rockwork or scenery. It's been some of WDIs best work. I would expect nothing less from SWL. Take the look and fine details of those lands but add in 2 actual E tickets. That's what I'm expecting from SWL....if it gets built;)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I personally have no issue with a temporary exhibit lacking the full range of details. It has no bearing on the new land they are building.

I know you are never planning on actually seeing it, but have you seen videos or pictures with the level of details within Pandora? Even FLE is full of extra those details in typical Disney style. Most of the complaints on recent projects at WDW has been the lack of truly innovative E ticket rides (with the exception of FoP). FLE and Pandora are not lacking at all in details or rockwork or scenery. It's been some of WDIs best work. I would expect nothing less from SWL. Take the look and fine details of those lands but add in 2 actual E tickets. That's what I'm expecting from SWL....if it gets built;)

The problem is disney's definition of 'Temporary', It's on the order of the quonset huts on miltary bases which were installed in WW II for 'temporary space' and in many cases are STILL THERE and in use, Temporary is 6-9 months not 5-7 years like Launch Bay.

Goob

Who directs these Star Wars movies is beside the point. Kathleen Kennedy and Kasdan are the people who make the difference.

Princess Leia

Let's hope he does a voice over like he does on Arrested Development.

Han Solo: I got this

Narrator: He didn't

Narrator: It was right about then when Han got a bad feeling about all of this

Han: I've made a huge mistake.
Jabba: "Remember all those fun times we had together?"
1200.jpg

Princess Leia

I really LIKE Rey & Finn. I root for them. I care.

But Jinn Erso is a boring cipher to me. Cinematically, Rogue One feels more authentically Star Wars, and it really seems like everyone brought their A-game to that production, but it doesn't engage me as well as TFA.
*Jyn ;)

And to each their own :) Like I said, I love Rey, and want to see more of Finn and Poe. But I also want more Leia and Luke (I have no worries about a Luke shortage in this movie, since a third of it looks like it will be the Luke and Rey Skywalker show). Personally, I'm hoping that VIII doesn't feel stuffed, but holy moly there are going to be a lot of characters in that film. I know they haven't been announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if Yoda and/or Anakin show up as Force Ghosts. I'm sure they've been hanging out on the island with Luke for the past 20+ years.

Mike S

Why do I get the feeling that JJ and Pegg thought anything that even tangentially referenced the Prequels was a stain on their "precious" movie. It really feels like they made a bunch of stuff up and just handed it to the story group to make sense of it all.
I don't remember when or where but I'm pretty sure I heard the same about George Lucas and the original Star Wars.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
R1 was terribly 'meh' to me. We knew what the outcome was going to be. It felt like a bunch of made-up filler, with some admittedly cool visuals, to justify a movie. It wasn't like we needed to know the backstory of how the Rebels obtained the Death Star plans. Now, with the prequels, there was a backstory there worth fleshing out, even though Lucas screwed the pooch on most of the three movies (Episode I was a gigantic manure pile, although I admittedly will still watch it). Personally, I think:
  • The first prequel should have started with Anakin being discovered as a Force-sensitive teen and his training by Obi-Wan
  • The second should have covered the Clone Wars and ending with Anakin and Obi-Wan's battle (along with Luke and Leia's birth). Anakin should have been in his late 20's or early 30's in this one.
  • The third movie should have covered Darth Vader (and possibly other Sith) hunting the Jedi, with the Emperor's machinations going on as a side-story, and Obi-Wan and Yoda going into hiding along with Luke and Leia. The ending could have been set around the start of the Death Star's construction.
That would have been a bit more dark than what we got, for sure, but EpIII was rather dark and it turned out pretty well, I thought (except for the WAY-overly-drawn-out climatic light saber battle).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
*Jyn ;)

And to each their own :) Like I said, I love Rey, and want to see more of Finn and Poe. But I also want more Leia and Luke (I have no worries about a Luke shortage in this movie, since a third of it looks like it will be the Luke and Rey Skywalker show). Personally, I'm hoping that VIII doesn't feel stuffed, but holy moly there are going to be a lot of characters in that film. I know they haven't been announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if Yoda and/or Anakin show up as Force Ghosts. I'm sure they've been hanging out on the island with Luke for the past 20+ years.

If you listen carefully, you can hear Yoda's voice in the trailer. :D

Not a huge fan of the Finn character, but I really liked Rey and also want to see more with Poe.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I really LIKE Rey & Finn. I root for them. I care.

But Jinn Erso is a boring cipher to me. Cinematically, Rogue One feels more authentically Star Wars, and it really seems like everyone brought their A-game to that production, but it doesn't engage me as well as TFA.

I guess they didn't want us to get too attached to the characters

FigmentJedi

Apparently was a case of the actor playing Han having serious concerns about the project.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...ing-about-the-star-wars-han-solo-shakeup.html

For anyone who’s worried that the actor playing a young Han Solo isn’t taking his role seriously, rest easy – Ehrenreich one of the most important people involved with the project who voiced his concerns about the project at a crucial moment in the movie’s development, which means that he’s absolutely committed to bringing his A-game to this role. Ehrenreich’s performance has been described to us as being an interesting new take on Han that stands out on its own while still honoring the essentials of the character, and that it’s a worthy interpretation of the iconic scoundrel.

And this is why Ehrenreich had concerns with the production as filming progressed. He started to worry that Lord & Miller’s screwball comedy angle was starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about – even if this was a younger, more reckless take on the character than the one we met in that Cantina on Tatooine. One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times. Ehrenreich let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage (which is also a normal part of the production process, but this is where things get interesting).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom