The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I agree with you. Probably 99% of the people would be wonderful, but you just never know about that other 1%. :cautious:

Now, not the same thing here, but this does remind me of a few years ago, when I was out walking the dog. Sometimes, a person will approach and ask if they can say hello or pet him. That's fine.

But there was that one day that I was walking Jack in a park, and a man was sitting on a bench. I walk by him and the guy springs up from the bench, says "hi" and stuffs something into the dog's mouth! I was stunned and wanted to clobber the guy. (Jack, of course, was merrily munching his free treat, oblivious to my near meltdown with this odd stranger. :rolleyes: )

I yelled at the guy and demanded to know what he gave my dog. He got all nervous and showed me a small bag of dog treats. (I think the guy was a bit soft to begin with . . .). I told him to never do that again to anyone's dog, without asking first.

In conclusion, he was in the 1% odd, exception group, out of all other nice people I've met while walking the dog. But, again, you just never know . . .

We're trying to teach my daughter to ask before petting a dog, because I really hate when people pet our dogs without asking. We used to have a slightly aggressive non-socialized 115 pound American Bulldog, and people would just run right up to him and try to pet him. I'd be hysterically trying to get them to stop before they got to us because as lovable as he was at home, he was so unpredictable on the streets.

Songbird76

The like is for being smart enough to send the kids home. Our kids don't get out no matter how hot it is but all our schools have good A/C so maybe they're safer in school.
If they had airco, it wouldn't matter that the kids had school, but how they expected kids to be able to learn when it was 110 degrees in their classroom is beyond me. I wonder if they are putting airco in the new building.

MouseDreaming

We had 3 honor rolls. Honor Roll, High Honors and Highest Honors. The whole system was convoluted. No college would ever respect the honors in reality.

They'd have to look at courses taken, who assisted the students and the actual worked performed. It all had that no child left behind inclusion rolled into it. While my DD in actual data graduated high school in her top two percent of her class, students with major cognitive issues with IEPs out the wazoo with rearranged curricular expectations also graduating with the highest honors.

I so agree with the ideals of students with IEPs being honored for reaching goals, I also have the understanding for the meaninglessness of highest honors for the highest achieving students as the criteria is beyond wishy washy making it useless data for college applications. That double edged sword. Don't know what the answer is there but it is certainly invalid data so I understand Universities disregarding.
This, and in addition, the school district has eliminated class rankings. Makes it hard to fill out some college apps, especially for scholarships, when you don't have a ranking.

Songbird76

So sorry.:( Did the aneurysm burst before they found it? My dh's mother had an aneurysm bleed when he turned 12 and she became debilitated from it. They never expected her to survive, but she was never the same. Apparently it is genetic so he and his sister got MRI's in the last few years. He didn't have one, but younger SIL did, and it was huge. She was lucky they found it and that she had c-sections when she delivered otherwise the docs said delivery could have killed her. She had surgery to prevent a future bleed. All is well with her thank heavens. The plan is when my kids get older for each of them to have an MRI on their brains to make sure they are ok since it is genetic. They have the ability nowadays to prevent them from bursting. But prayers for your FIL. I hope he will be alright.
Well, I translated it wrong..it's a hemorrhage, not an aneurysm. I'm not sure if it started out as an aneurysm that broke, or what, but it's bleeding in his brain and causing stroke-like symptoms.
Sounds like a good plan you have! Scary!! But I guess knowing is good...you can plan for it. Like, I have a huge family history of breast cancer...pretty much every female in my family has had it. So it's kind of a given that I will get it someday. But as long as we do frequent tests, we should catch it early and catch it before it gets a hold.

Songbird76

When is the last day of school there? Here, most schools are out. By us it is almost a month now. Of course they go back in the middle of August.
Our region's last day is July 8th. My nephew's goes a week longer. We only get 6 weeks summer vacation here. I think the kids go back August 20th or somewhere around there. My kids get out July 4th because we are moving to a new building and they need time to move everything from the old school to the new one. So their last day is the 4th of July, and everything will be moved from the 5th to the 8th.

Goofyernmost

Well, I translated it wrong..it's a hemorrhage, not an aneurysm. I'm not sure if it started out as an aneurysm that broke, or what, but it's bleeding in his brain and causing stroke-like symptoms.
Sounds like a good plan you have! Scary!! But I guess knowing is good...you can plan for it. Like, I have a huge family history of breast cancer...pretty much every female in my family has had it. So it's kind of a given that I will get it someday. But as long as we do frequent tests, we should catch it early and catch it before it gets a hold.
I always thought the hemorrhage in the brain was the definition of stroke or at least one of the definitions. Come to think of it, in the brain, there isn't a lot of difference between a stroke and a aneurysm. Both are a weakening and rupture of a blood vessel. Or maybe an aneurysm is the bubbling out (expansion at the weak point) and the stroke is the rupture. One of the many reasons why I am not a doctor and I do not play one on TV.

MySmallWorldof4

I always thought the hemorrhage in the brain was the definition of stroke or at least one of the definitions. Come to think of it, in the brain, there isn't a lot of difference between a stroke and a aneurysm. Both are a weakening and rupture of a blood vessel. Or maybe an aneurysm is the bubbling out (expansion at the weak point) and the stroke is the rupture. One of the many reasons why I am not a doctor and I do not play one on TV.
Bleeding on the brain tissue causes a stroke.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Long ago my FIL who was over 6 foot slipped badly on the ice walking through a park, feet up in air and landed full force on the back of his skull.
The concussion resulted in a massive brain bleed. So I think there are many different causes of bleeding on the brain. And just my thought.

FutureCEO

Got my confidence level raised a little bit from a job saying that I was number 2 on the to hire list. But I would have to drive sometimes and in the Boston area. :jawdrop:

No offense @MinnieM123 Terrible drivers but you take the T so. I was up by 93 today :facepalm: It's like construction everywhere. I can't get away from it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom