The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

It's a hot one today. They are sending the kids home at noon because it's going to be so hot today that it's not healthy since there's no air co. A couple of years ago, we had a heat wave and it got to almost 110 in DD's classroom, and she was on the side where the sun doesn't shine directly in. The entire country cut the days short, but our school was the only one I know of that didn't do anything. Parents complained, and I guess it helped, so this time they are sending the kids home at noon. At least it's supposed to storm tonight and cool things down!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
James wants to get married at the GF and all I could say was "good luck with that"

Ultimately my Dgod-daughter had her immediate family and a couple bridesmaids at her wedding. No extended family or friends that were invited. A handful of guests, not what she expected. No way could we afford that, I had two kids in college and we were in the middle of a recession. She was already disappointed not to be married in Disney and then further disappointed by the lack of love for her wedding by hundreds of invited guests.

She is also the young woman that has moved back with her folks with hubby and two children cause even though she holds a masters in Education she bought so many points in DVC before children that they can afford that but not a place to live. I love her dearly but sometimes choices make me want to bang my head.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Even so unless it was a once in a lifetime trip a complete waste of money.

You are kinder than me. I look at that as look at us, please. Understand this monstrosity we have brought into the park, my DD is beyond 'special.' The whole thing to me is ick. I give kudos to the designer, it is awesome but beyond that....

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's a hot one today. They are sending the kids home at noon because it's going to be so hot today that it's not healthy since there's no air co. A couple of years ago, we had a heat wave and it got to almost 110 in DD's classroom, and she was on the side where the sun doesn't shine directly in. The entire country cut the days short, but our school was the only one I know of that didn't do anything. Parents complained, and I guess it helped, so this time they are sending the kids home at noon. At least it's supposed to storm tonight and cool things down!
The like is for being smart enough to send the kids home. Our kids don't get out no matter how hot it is but all our schools have good A/C so maybe they're safer in school.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I read their website. It seemed to focus on making your child a focus point and attention given to your child by other guests and cast members. While likely true, I would not have been comfortable with my DD having strangers approaching my kid in her stroller.

I agree with you. Probably 99% of the people would be wonderful, but you just never know about that other 1%. :cautious:

Now, not the same thing here, but this does remind me of a few years ago, when I was out walking the dog. Sometimes, a person will approach and ask if they can say hello or pet him. That's fine.

But there was that one day that I was walking Jack in a park, and a man was sitting on a bench. I walk by him and the guy springs up from the bench, says "hi" and stuffs something into the dog's mouth! I was stunned and wanted to clobber the guy. (Jack, of course, was merrily munching his free treat, oblivious to my near meltdown with this odd stranger. :rolleyes: )

I yelled at the guy and demanded to know what he gave my dog. He got all nervous and showed me a small bag of dog treats. (I think the guy was a bit soft to begin with . . .). I told him to never do that again to anyone's dog, without asking first.

In conclusion, he was in the 1% odd, exception group, out of all other nice people I've met while walking the dog. But, again, you just never know . . .

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ultimately my Dgod-daughter had her immediate family and a couple bridesmaids at her wedding. No extended family or friends that were invited. A handful of guests, not what she expected. No way could we afford that, I had two kids in college and we were in the middle of a recession. She was already disappointed not to be married in Disney and then further disappointed by the lack of love for her wedding by hundreds of invited guests.

She is also the young woman that has moved back with her folks with hubby and two children cause even though she holds a masters in Education she bought so many points in DVC before children that they can afford that but not a place to live. I love her dearly but sometimes choices make me want to bang my head.

Why doesn't she sell some of the DVC?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I agree with you. Probably 99% of the people would be wonderful, but you just never know about that other 1%. :cautious:

Now, not the same thing here, but this does remind me of a few years ago, when I was out walking the dog. Sometimes, a person will approach and ask if they can say hello or pet him. That's fine.

But there was that one day that I was walking Jack in a park, and a man was sitting on a bench. I walk by him and the guy springs up from the bench, says "hi" and stuffs something into the dog's mouth! I was stunned and wanted to clobber the guy. (Jack, of course, was merrily munching his free treat, oblivious to my near meltdown with this odd stranger. :rolleyes: )

I yelled at the guy and demanded to know what he gave my dog. He got all nervous and showed me a small bag of dog treats. (I think the guy was a bit soft to begin with . . .). I told him to never do that again to anyone's dog, without asking first.

In conclusion, he was in the 1% odd, exception group, out of all other nice people I've met while walking the dog. But, again, you just never know . . .

That really would have scared me if with the treats. In Minneapolis a person was putting arsenic in dog treats and hotdogs and throwing them in the peoples yards that's why that would scare me.

MySmallWorldof4

So my FIL took a turn for the worse. He got another bleed last night and he's in a lot of pain, so they have him pumped full of pain meds. His speech is not as clear as it was yesterday and he's not allowed to get out of bed. His right side is really weak. So more prayers and pixie dust, please.
So sorry.:( Did the aneurysm burst before they found it? My dh's mother had an aneurysm bleed when he turned 12 and she became debilitated from it. They never expected her to survive, but she was never the same. Apparently it is genetic so he and his sister got MRI's in the last few years. He didn't have one, but younger SIL did, and it was huge. She was lucky they found it and that she had c-sections when she delivered otherwise the docs said delivery could have killed her. She had surgery to prevent a future bleed. All is well with her thank heavens. The plan is when my kids get older for each of them to have an MRI on their brains to make sure they are ok since it is genetic. They have the ability nowadays to prevent them from bursting. But prayers for your FIL. I hope he will be alright.

MySmallWorldof4

Doctors are slow to prescribe anything here...the general view is that it's best if the body can do the work itself, which I agree with, but at what point do you say "Ok, it's not managing on its own, we'll help it along with some meds"? Last time we went to the doctor with DS because of stomach aches related to stress, he said to make sure he gets fiber and try to avoid stress. When I asked him how I was supposed to avoid stress with a kid who gets stressed if people walk up the stairs in the wrong order, he referred us to a Psychologist. Since we're now waiting for the funding for help, I have no one to really call at the moment. We're going to visit Opa tonight.
I apparently translated incorrectly...or I guess I didn't really understand what it was. I think it's a brain Hemorrhage, not an aneurysm...it's a slow bleed of the vessels in his brain. So it caused stroke-like symptoms and seizures, but it doesn't sound like they can go in and fix it. He's having major headaches at the moment.
Just read this after my last post to you. How terrible. Your poor son. Your family has been through a lot these last few months. It is no wonder he is having stomach problems. I know you have a trip to Disneyland Paris coming up. Maybe have him help you plan things for that to take his mind off what is happening at home?

MySmallWorldof4

We have a really nice movie theater that was built a few years ago. There's a Starbucks in the theater, Eddy's Ice Cream, and a bar. Food wise there's the usual popcorn, hot dogs, and such, but you can also get chicken strips, nachos, fries, and other options.

They also have reserve level seating. Though I don't spring for that. Their regular level is actually extremely comfortable seating-wise.

And they do discount Tuesdays, so the ticket was $6.
I took the kids Tuesday to see it at a theater in MD that is 30 minutes from our house because the tickets were $5 all day Tuesday and $1 popcorn. :)The seats were reserved and they were these awesome leather loungers. A push of the button and you were reclined. The seats were so large that dd6 was able to share a seat with me. Of course I did pay for a seat for her, but since the sets were reserved and they were almost sold out at 10am, I didn't have much choice. One of us would have to sit alone. That was not happening of course. Next time I will have to see how to reserve online I guess.

I really liked Cars 3.:) I did get choked up at points during it. (And darn it! can there be one Disney film that doesn't bring tears to my eyes? :confused:I mean this was Cars!!!! Not as many tears as Toy Story 3 of course, but still a couple.):D

We just got done with hubby's birthday breakfast at Boma. It was so good, I feel like I'm going to burst.
Happy Birthday to your dh!:):)

MySmallWorldof4

Watch it! I may resemble that remark:p
Not just you. I only have one son.;)
Morning. I see people mentioning their next Disney trips which have already come to pass. How were they? I go in Feb. :)
It was awesome! I have a trip report that I am working on that is taking forever!!! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-flowers-and-gardens-and-waves-galore.927789/
My morning snack was a citrus swirl. I beleive these are far superior to a Dole whip. I was even wearing my orange bird/ citrus swirl shirt which was an early birthday present from hubby.
View attachment 211512

View attachment 211513

And we tried the new hand-dipped corn dogs at Sleepy Hollow which were good but Disneyland's is better.
View attachment 211514
I want that shirt!!!!:)
I'm reminded of a sitcom and the 14 year old daughter wants to go to a party and mom says no. 14 year old proceeds to tell mom that Juliet got MARRIED at 14 and all SHE wants is to go to a party. Mom reminds her that yes, Juliet gets married at 14 and then promptly dies, so if 14 year old daughter wants to die prematurely, she can go to the party.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

When is the last day of school there? Here, most schools are out. By us it is almost a month now. Of course they go back in the middle of August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom