The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So my FIL took a turn for the worse. He got another bleed last night and he's in a lot of pain, so they have him pumped full of pain meds. His speech is not as clear as it was yesterday and he's not allowed to get out of bed. His right side is really weak. So more prayers and pixie dust, please.

So sorry to hear this, prayers to your father in law and your family.

BuddyThomas

@BuddyThomas , just wanted to mention that every time I see you name in a post (anywhere on the forums), I always try to look and see what you've stirred up now! :p ;) I don't get a chance to follow all your posts, but the ones I do--always hold my attention.
LOL, thanks, I think. Ever since they started that political thread, I'm always in the middle of some sort of controversy. ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We had 2 different honor rolls, too, but I don't remember what the lower one was called. The A level was the Principal's honor roll and the A/B one was something different. I just can't remember what it was called.

We had 3 honor rolls. Honor Roll, High Honors and Highest Honors. The whole system was convoluted. No college would ever respect the honors in reality.

They'd have to look at courses taken, who assisted the students and the actual worked performed. It all had that no child left behind inclusion rolled into it. While my DD in actual data graduated high school in her top two percent of her class, students with major cognitive issues with IEPs out the wazoo with rearranged curricular expectations also graduating with the highest honors.

I so agree with the ideals of students with IEPs being honored for reaching goals, I also have the understanding for the meaninglessness of highest honors for the highest achieving students as the criteria is beyond wishy washy making it useless data for college applications. That double edged sword. Don't know what the answer is there but it is certainly invalid data so I understand Universities disregarding.

donaldtoo

All of my PE classes were coed except for high school where we were divided by athletic ability(so many points for sprinting, long distance running, sit ups, etc.). Somehow I got put in a group mostly boys:hungover:. Nothing like teenagers feeling even more awkward:mad:

As far as I remember, we only ever had PE (in elementary school we had recess) in junior high and high school. I don't ever remember any coed stuff. Junior high was 7-8 grades in No Cal and all of my high school was back here in Texas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom