What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Who knew?!?! Cool.

I almost went to the movies. Instead I ran 2+ miles to the gym and worked out for an hour and walk back home to 1.5 hours of yard work.

I only know because my gym had flyers stuck on every TM, elliptical and arc trainer this weekend. With a suggested 30 minute run for each level - beginner, intermediate, advanced. The beginner level recommended inclines of 2%.

Sounds like the knee is doing well.

BrianV

I only know because my gym had flyers stuck on every TM, elliptical and arc trainer this weekend. With a suggested 30 minute run for each level - beginner, intermediate, advanced. The beginner level recommended inclines of 2%.

Sounds like the knee is doing well.

Fun. I haven't run on a treadmill in a while. Not sure I could go back. Unless it snows.

Thanks. Yes my knee and i have an understanding. It will be irritating but not painful. In exchange I will baby it some. All parties are satisfied.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Fun. I haven't run on a treadmill in a while. Not sure I could go back. Unless it snows.

Thanks. Yes my knee and i have an understanding. It will be irritating but not painful. In exchange I will baby it some. All parties are satisfied.

My problem is I live in hot, humid Florida. Unless I want to get up and run before sunrise or shortly thereafter when everyone is making that mad dash to work, it's toooo hot. So in the summer (April to November), it's typically the TM for most of my runs. Longer training runs are on a 13 mile canopied asphalt running trail 20 minutes south of my house.

I'm retired. I threw my alarm clock in the trash (metaphorically) the last morning it went off my last day of work. The only thing that gets me up before 8:00 am is the cat meowing to be fed. Or runDisney races.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - Right back at you :) (and to everyone else as well). I learned this earlier today and sent a similar message to my running buddy (what I saw said it was global, not just national ;))

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm retired. I threw my alarm clock in the trash (metaphorically) the last morning it went off my last day of work. The only thing that gets me up before 8:00 am is the cat meowing to be fed. Or runDisney races.

LOL - I feel your pain. Every time my cat is particularly annoying in the wee hours of the morning I always find out that I didn't think to top up the food bowl before going to bed. Heaven forbid there be a speck of bowl bottom showing! Mine isn't big into meowing though - she sticks her head under my sleeping hand and headbutts it until I wake up. This continues until I finally toss her out of the bedroom and shut the door.

LAKid53

Premium Member
LOL - I feel your pain. Every time my cat is particularly annoying in the wee hours of the morning I always find out that I didn't think to top up the food bowl before going to bed. Heaven forbid there be a speck of bowl bottom showing! Mine isn't big into meowing though - she sticks her head under my sleeping hand and headbutts it until I wake up. This continues until I finally toss her out of the bedroom and shut the door.

I have to shut my baby out at night, or I'll never get any sleep. She'll snooze until the early AM, and then it's off to the races as she jumps off the bed, chasing whatever up and down the stairs for 10 - 15 minutes until she jumps back on the bed with this funny grunt sound she makes. And then either nibbles/licks or head butts my arm for attention. Cats....what can I say.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Did my June virtual 5 km run. Had assumed I'd get all the medals at the end as I signed up as an international participant but they all came by FedEx the other day. Although i still think it would be better if they are going to send then automatically to only send them at the end to keep people motivated, it did help Grumperella's mood when we got back home and I put the finisher medal on her.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Did my June virtual 5 km run. Had assumed I'd get all the medals at the end as I signed up as an international participant but they all came by FedEx the other day. Although i still think it would be better if they are going to send then automatically to only send them at the end to keep people motivated, it did help Grumperella's mood when we got back home and I put the finisher medal on her.

Don't forget to enter your time, if you recorded it.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not a bit of exercise this whole weekend. But 7 hour (plus sleepover) 14 year old bday party at my house followed by 60 person work party at my house. Need to run, workout or just sleep tomorrow. :(

You are brave to host a sleepover for a bunch of teenagers, girls I will assume. I remember those birthday sleepovers at that age....oh. those poor parents! And we didn't have phones and video games and all that electronic stuff...just a record player and some 45s.....

BrianV

You are brave to host a sleepover for a bunch of teenagers, girls I will assume. I remember those birthday sleepovers at that age....oh. those poor parents! And we didn't have phones and video games and all that electronic stuff...just a record player and some 45s.....

They were really sweet kids. And they didn't all sleepover!!

Careful what I wish for. Summer has come and while it may not be like Florida, it was 82 and humid and 4 miles this am felt like 8.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
They were really sweet kids.

I'm glad that yours hangs around with the sweet bunch (I'm lucky, mine does as well) because I see at my DD's school that some of the girls already have quite a bit of attitude (at 11-12 years old). And don't get me started on how they dress! (Again, I'm lucky, mine only wants to wear jeans, t-shirts and sneakers - and now that summer has arrived and it's too hot for jeans she found shorts in the boy's section that she'll wear - having declared those in the girls section WAY too short).

Texas84

14 miles last week, 3-3-3, 5 on Saturday. Stormy, hot and humid all week and Thursday morning was really nice and almost chilly after the storms passed through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom