Coronado Springs

Jakesky40

Original Poster
Hi there, I and a couple friends will be staying at the Coronado springs at the end of august this year and I was curious what to expect with the construction and refurb. It doesn't seem to be as bad as the Caribbean beach so just curious. Any particular sections of the resort to request?
Thank you!

Buzz2001

The difference between the two projects is CBR is all over the resort. At CSR, it is confined to one section. If you are in the ranchos or casitas, you will not be effected. If you are in cabana 9a, you will hear beeping from 9-5pm. Check out Mike's latest videos for both resorts.

CSR

CBR

Hcalvert

I stayed at CSR last week in Cabanas 9A and had no problems with construction or the sounds. A CM did tell me that Cabanas 8A were under refurbishment and I didn't get much sound from that either. My dad stayed in the room until the afternoon and he did not report anything bothering him other than mousekeeping asking for access to the room for cleaning.

hanwill

It's pretty quiet- I was there last week in Casitas 3.... Only heard the usual leaf blowers. Most of the construction is up front... Be prepared it is pread out, but that lake is beautiful early in the morning!

Jakesky40

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the updates! So I read that they are doing the room refurbs building by building, is it possible to request the refurbished rooms when doing the online check in?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks to all for the updates! So I read that they are doing the room refurbs building by building, is it possible to request the refurbished rooms when doing the online check in?
Your options for online check in will be very generic ~ close to transportation, near elevator, high floor, low floor. Specific buildings are not listed. Skip online check in if you want a refurbished room and make your request when you arrive, keeping in mind you may not receive one as the current number of refurb rooms is small.

Bender123

Your options for online check in will be very generic ~ close to transportation, near elevator, high floor, low floor. Specific buildings are not listed. Skip online check in if you want a refurbished room and make your request when you arrive, keeping in mind you may not receive one as the current number of refurb rooms is small.

Not a rep for it, but I have used Touringplans.com for room requests and been successful almost every time. They have a room request system that auto generates and sends a fax to Disney with your request. Oddly, WDW wont take the request at online check-in and wont take it if you call in, but somebody at that office is monitoring a lonely old fax machine for room requests.

Hcalvert

When I made my reservation, I requested a ground floor room and Cabanas. I know that they do not have to honor it, but they put me in a second floor Ranchos. I went to the front desk and told them that I needed a ground floor anywhere. After waiting five minutes, they moved me to a ground floor Cabana. It never hurts to ask and be flexible. I was checking in around 11:00 am and told them that I was willing to wait if necessary.

allymonkey

We stayed at CSR in May in Cabanas 6B. They were painting the two buildings nearest us but we barely heard anything from that project. We could see the construction when we drove in and out of the resort or when we walked to the main building but we had no problems.
When we did online check-in I requested an upper floor room. Two weeks before our trip I came down with bronchitis that made even walking up one flight of stairs difficult. Our room was not ready when we arrived around noon so I asked if they could put us in a ground floor room near parking (we had a rental car). We had to wait about an hour for the room to be ready- we were eating lunch anyway- but they were able to find a 1st floor room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom