Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

TeriofTerror

I am quite sure I was visiting long before you even knew the place existed. And will be again often even after you become a Uni only visitor.
WDW has been around less than 46 years. I don't have a hard time believing a large percentage of posters on these boards have been visiting for the majority of that time.
(At least that's what I tell myself to keep from feeling old.) ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When was the last time you visited Pandora?

You really should visit WDW in general, you would probably enjoy it.

Jt... You're not trying to tell us you have knowledge of things that exist that you haven't seen are you? Surely not, since that'd mean you can't be taken seriously.

When did you last visit?

Last edited:

jt04

Jt... You're not trying to tell us you have knowledge of things that exist that you haven't seen are you? Surely not, since that'd mean you can't be taken seriously.

When did you last visit?

I am surprised they let you see the mocked-up new Mickey ride. You must have great connections. When was that exactly?

:p

doctornick

Original Poster
Each park should have a full slate of different types of attractions.

This. The parks need to have some differentiation from each other, but they also each need to have a good variety of attractions to fill out a day or days.

I loved EPCOT Center, but it suffered from a problem of too much "sameness" that plaques Uni today. The individual attractions were wonderful, but having some thrill rides or even some that were less lecture-y" in addition would have helped to round things off more and appealed to the crowd that felt EPCOT was boring.

I think Ratatouille is a solid combination of something new for the park which offers a different type of experience while being a reasonable fit for WS. There's probably few things that would be as "accepted" for Epcot for such a wide range of guests as Ratatouille will be. (Actually, I think a Mt Fuji coaster similar to the Matterhorn would probably be close to an ideal ride to appeal to everyone as you could get if WDI wants some ideas.)

Daveeeeed

FOP isn't a game changer. It's a well done simulator and very much immerses you. I don't think I overpraise much but I was really wowed by that and I'm not a big fan of simulators overall. I like Soarin' but it's usually not a repeat ride for me. People are judging Pandora on whether it's a Potter swatter. It's too late for that. It's a well done land and a much needed addition to AK. River Journey ... well. It's pretty inside. It at least covers the ceilings unlike Mermaid. Screens are mostly well integrated where used. It could have been a little more than it is but it's nice.

Anyway ... Rat doesn't seem to be the best use of trackless. I'm sure it will be fun and guests will eat it up. It doesn't belong in Epcot but ... at least it fits in a way where we can justify it with the toon invasion. I'd rather the Rat than Beauty and the Beast. At least it isn't a princess ride. And while I'm not against Rat coming, I've still agreed that it doesn't belong. But I think if it weren't a movie and they came up with it on it's own, as if it was specially designed for the park, people wouldn't argue as much against it. Just my opinion ...
I feel the same way with Rat. While the vehicles are higher tech than the other trackless rides I actually think being trackless was one of its drawbacks as you get that flat feeling even more with its reliance upon screens.

Nevertheless, it's still a phenomenal attraction.

Kman101

I wish everyone would stop ganging up on someone. Even if they make no sense.

I understand and would normally agree. No one's really ganging up on him but he brings it on himself. He's clearly never been to WDW and sidesteps it at every turn. He then goes on to talk about a lot of stuff he knows nothing about. I find it amusing most of the time, he's harmless and doing nothing wrong, many have him blocked. I don't. But he brings it on himself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom