MONORAIL QUESTION (EPCOT

Barbiegirl2017

Original Poster
We will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn, and we will be having dinner one evening at the California Grill (at the Contemporary). From what I understand, the Boardwalk Inn is within a 5-10 minute walk to Epcot. I was wondering if we could walk over to Epcot and take the monorail to the Contemporary. Has anyone tried this? Or, would it be better to just take a taxi to the Contemporary? Doesn't the monorail from Epcot make a stop at the station and passengers have to get on another monorail to get to the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and the Polynesian?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn, and we will be having dinner one evening at the California Grill (at the Contemporary). From what I understand, the Boardwalk Inn is within a 5-10 minute walk to Epcot. I was wondering if we could walk over to Epcot and take the monorail to the Contemporary. Has anyone tried this? Or, would it be better to just take a taxi to the Contemporary? Doesn't the monorail from Epcot make a stop at the station and passengers have to get on another monorail to get to the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and the Polynesian?
You would need to walk through all of EPCOT to get to the front (10-15 minutes), then a monorail to the TTC, then board the resort monorail to get there. It would be the 4th stop on the resort monorail. Allow 90 minutes at a minimum to get there this way. If you don't want the monorail ride (we would always choose this), then a taxi would be the quickest option.

jgj123

You would have to walk to the EPCOT entrance, walk through EPCOT, catch the monorail to the TTC. Transfer to the Resort monorail that then goes to the Poly, GF and MK prior to the Contemporary.

The actual ride from Epcot to the TTC takes about 15 minutes and the ride from the TTC to the Contemporary takes about 10 minutes. This doesn't count the time waiting for the monorail or getting to it.

All in all, you could be looking at a minimum of 45 minutes, but I'd allow for much longer.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A cab or uber will be much quicker. (13 minute drive time)

Taking the monorail can be well into an hour.

The walk to Epcot is 8 minutes.

The walk from the international gateway to the monorail is another 10-15 depending on the crowd.

The monorail trip to the Contemporary including your transfer at the TTC is 34 minutes + wait time.

If you must take Disney Transportation the quickest route is taking a bus to MK, then the monorail or walk to the Contemporary. That route is roughly 35 minutes+ the wait on buses and the monorail.

Barbiegirl2017

Original Poster
You could take the friendship boat or walk (about 15 mins) to DHS and take the bus to CR, but depending on weather and how you are dressed you may want to take a taxi/uber so you don't turn up for your nice meal all dishevelled.
I was wondering about the boat from the Boardwalk Inn to Epcot...do you know if it takes passengers to the front of Epcot (near the monorail)?

mousehockey37

Since you are on-site, the Disney transportation is free. Uber/taxis cost money. If that's what you wanna do, go for it.

Also, the walk through Epcot is more than 15 minutes. You're at the complete opposite side of the park. As someone else said, if you don't have park hoppers, you can't get in Epcot anyway if you were at another park that day.

Tinkerbell397

So...you are going to The California Grill from The Boardwalk? I assume that you will not wear shorts and t-shirts since the Cali Grill is a signature restaurant? I should take a taxi or uber. If you walk, as stated by many above.....you need to walk to the international gateway and walk to the entrance of Epcot. From there, you take the monorail (uphill ramp) to the TCC and then up the ramp to the resort monorail. From there you get off at The Contemporary. My guess, depending on your walking speed and monorail schedule, this could take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. Your other option is taking the bus from the Boardwalk to the MK and then the resort monorail to the Contemporary. But your best choice would be a taxi or uber.....direct, less time...yes some money but your dinner at the California Grill is also very pricy so I cannot imagine that a taxi ride would be out of budget. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Barbiegirl2017

Original Poster
So...you are going to The California Grill from The Boardwalk? I assume that you will not wear shorts and t-shirts since the Cali Grill is a signature restaurant? I should take a taxi or uber. If you walk, as stated by many above.....you need to walk to the international gateway and walk to the entrance of Epcot. From there, you take the monorail (uphill ramp) to the TCC and then up the ramp to the resort monorail. From there you get off at The Contemporary. My guess, depending on your walking speed and monorail schedule, this could take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. Your other option is taking the bus from the Boardwalk to the MK and then the resort monorail to the Contemporary. But your best choice would be a taxi or uber.....direct, less time...yes some money but your dinner at the California Grill is also very pricy so I cannot imagine that a taxi ride would be out of budget. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:
Yes, we have decided that the taxi/uber option is the best way for us. My daughter loves the monorail but I am sure we will find other times during our trip to ride it. :)

lazyboy97o

Yes, we have decided that the taxi/uber option is the best way for us. My daughter loves the monorail but I am sure we will find other times during our trip to ride it. :)
If you're not worried about travel time getting back to your room, you could ride the Monorail after dinner. You could board at the Contemporary and either ride the whole loop or get off at the Magic Kingdom and take a bus back to the Boardwalk.

dizfan917

I think the bus to Magic Kingdom and a leisurely stroll to the Contemporary would be the easiest WDW transport route (and it's FREE!). Getting back is a little trickier if it is after the parks close... you'll need to grab a bus to Disney Springs and then catch a bus from there back to the BoardWalk. Sometimes that can take a while. Enjoy California Grill, we LOVE it there! Make sure you get a chance to ride the Monorail and por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas! :0)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom