Closing of Tower of Terror (WDW)

Movielover

Yeah, its especially sad because the MCU is just begging for a park of its own with all the different lands and locations that could be used.

HMF

Yeah, Universal is not likely to give up that contract until the popularity of Marvel has dropped to the point where putting a lot of Marvel into the parks, or a 5th gate, wouldn't make sense anymore.
Which is why Marvel was a dumb move for Disney.

2351metalcloud

"The real heartbeat of this company was, is and will always be the film business. Because from the film business comes the ideas that then generate new things in the parks: new promotions, new... a kind of a... a sense of continuing newness about the company in general. And uh when that began to fail and I actually somewhere along the line began hearing things like 'Uh well they don't think they really want to stay in the movie business 'cause it's not doing very well and we don't even really need it anyway.' And that gave me all sorts of [pounds chest] problems, because, I you know uh... I remember saying at one point, well if you really think that way then what you’re doing is running a museum.”
-Roy E. Disney

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Buying Marvel was brilliant.

The way they are using it in the parks is and has been utterly moronic.

It's like Disney only understands half of how modern synergy works, but it understands that half REALLY WELL.

Yeah, their approach to Marvel in the parks has been puzzling. We are coming up on the 8th anniversary of the purchase but there still doesn't seem to be a clear strategy for utilizing it in the parks, whereas it's firing on all cylinders in other forms of media.

Cesar R M

They can turn Spaceship Earth into the Death Star while they are at it.
6bUth1G.gif

Imagine if they built something new for it instead.

heresy!

Cesar R M

"The real heartbeat of this company was, is and will always be the film business. Because from the film business comes the ideas that then generate new things in the parks: new promotions, new... a kind of a... a sense of continuing newness about the company in general. And uh when that began to fail and I actually somewhere along the line began hearing things like 'Uh well they don't think they really want to stay in the movie business 'cause it's not doing very well and we don't even really need it anyway.' And that gave me all sorts of [pounds chest] problems, because, I you know uh... I remember saying at one point, well if you really think that way then what you’re doing is running a museum.”
-Roy E. Disney
That would be valid when they were churning new original stuff. Now its sequel after sequel.
Cant wait for Pirates XXVII Double Bugaloo Mamba Jamba Deluxe Special Edition Redux.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom