Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

blreinsel

Original Poster
2 WEEKS TO GO!!!!! :D Dylan admitted the other night that he's excited for the trip, which of course put me over the moon! :joyfull: The closer we get, the more questions he asks and the more interested he gets in our plans.

His tee times are booked for Friday and Saturday.. I can't remember what time offhand but I think both are around 8am. I'm happy he was able to get such early slots so the rest of those days are freed up to do other things. :)

Thursday is the last day of the school year and after that I will officially enter FULL DISNEY PREPARATIONS MODE. :p

amjt660

Premium Member
Tell Dylan I played 18 holes in Japan last week and did fairly well
Looking forward to our tee time (sometime in the future..........LOL)

I hope you enjoy the last 2 weeks of anticipation and have a great trip together.

Max

LisaBelle

2 WEEKS TO GO!!!!! :D Dylan admitted the other night that he's excited for the trip, which of course put me over the moon! :joyfull: The closer we get, the more questions he asks and the more interested he gets in our plans.

His tee times are booked for Friday and Saturday.. I can't remember what time offhand but I think both are around 8am. I'm happy he was able to get such early slots so the rest of those days are freed up to do other things. :)

Thursday is the last day of the school year and after that I will officially enter FULL DISNEY PREPARATIONS MODE. :p

Your trip is super close now! Glad Dylan is getting more interested and excited!
Have a great end of the school year. My last day with kiddos is Thursday :joyfull:and I close down my room on Friday. I can't wait to have time to get caught up on all the TRs I've been neglecting!
Hope your final countdown phase goes quickly. Can't wait to read all about your trip :).

blreinsel

Original Poster
Tell Dylan I played 18 holes in Japan last week and did fairly well
Looking forward to our tee time (sometime in the future..........LOL)

I hope you enjoy the last 2 weeks of anticipation and have a great trip together.

Max

Golfing in Japan!? That's awesome! He would love to do that someday. His goal is to golf in every state.. I guess countries would be the next step. ;) Our trip is going to be awesome.. I can't wait! :joyfull:

Your trip is super close now! Glad Dylan is getting more interested and excited!
Have a great end of the school year. My last day with kiddos is Thursday :joyfull:and I close down my room on Friday. I can't wait to have time to get caught up on all the TRs I've been neglecting!
Hope your final countdown phase goes quickly. Can't wait to read all about your trip :).

I hope you have a great end to the year, too! I'm ready to send these wild animals out the door lol. I can't wait to write all about our trip! :)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thanks to my tax refund and Dylan's coaching check, we are officially paid in full ahead of schedule! This is definitely the hardest part of any trip countdown.. There is NOTHING else for me to plan. :cry: Fingers crossed that our last 52 days goes quickly!

In a few years, if you two decide to have kids, you might not experience this "NOTHING else to plan" thing anymore. It seems that with my daughter, she develops so quickly that I'm constantly re-planning this thing or that thing or re-thinking the surprises I'm planning for her during our trip.

blreinsel

Original Poster
In a few years, if you two decide to have kids, you might not experience this "NOTHING else to plan" thing anymore. It seems that with my daughter, she develops so quickly that I'm constantly re-planning this thing or that thing or re-thinking the surprises I'm planning for her during our trip.

Good point! My brother and sister-in-law are hoping to take my niece and nephew next spring and I'm already like WE MUST PLAN!!! Lol. They don't quite understand my madness over planning. I've only gotten to plan one "kids trip" in the past, so I'm super excited about this one. My niece is my little princess and I'm ecstatic about taking her. :) I'm sure I'll go overboard with the special treats and surprises for them but there's no such thing as "spoiled." They're just extremely loved!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It's really hard not to go overboard, LOL. But advanced planning has allowed me to get a bunch of stuff for surprises for her while it's on a really great sale or clearance. AND I still have Black Friday and post Halloween sales to hit up. Saves a lot of money!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
It's really hard not to go overboard, LOL. But advanced planning has allowed me to get a bunch of stuff for surprises for her while it's on a really great sale or clearance. AND I still have Black Friday and post Halloween sales to hit up. Saves a lot of money!!

Yes!!! Gotta take advantage of all the sales lol. When I have kids of my own.... I probably don't even want to think about how much money will be spent lol.

LisaBelle

I hope you have a great end to the year, too! I'm ready to send these wild animals out the door lol. I can't wait to write all about our trip! :)

Woo hoo! School's out and I can now devote my time to reading trip reports!

Good point! My brother and sister-in-law are hoping to take my niece and nephew next spring and I'm already like WE MUST PLAN!!! Lol. They don't quite understand my madness over planning. I've only gotten to plan one "kids trip" in the past, so I'm super excited about this one. My niece is my little princess and I'm ecstatic about taking her. :) I'm sure I'll go overboard with the special treats and surprises for them but there's no such thing as "spoiled." They're just extremely loved!

Planning for kids is super fun. Their excitement level makes you love everything even more. Be sure to plan for an afternoon break. Our kids were able to accomplish tons as long as we took that break and had a few sleep in days. Your niece and nephew will be loving life once you are an Orlando resident.

blreinsel

Original Poster
I had a dream last night that I kept forgetting to take pictures of Dylan and I's meals and was so stressed out because I wouldn't be able to add them to my TR. I'm fairly sure there's a small population of people that would get stressed out over such a thing. I doubt it's a common problem amongst the general population. :hilarious:

Doc Disney

I had a dream last night that I kept forgetting to take pictures of Dylan and I's meals and was so stressed out because I wouldn't be able to add them to my TR. I'm fairly sure there's a small population of people that would get stressed out over such a thing. I doubt it's a common problem amongst the general population. :hilarious:

I have dreams ALL the time that I forget to take pictures and videos :p You are not alone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom