Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodan75

The box office from vol2 is a little disappointing, everyone seemed to think it would easily bust the $1B mark...but now it looks like if it does get there...it will be barely. Still a successful movie but not a phenomenon.

Are you serious? It would be one of only 20 movies in history to clear the 1 billion mark and you consider that a little disappointing?

Don't get me wrong, I love the movie. And it is an unqualified success. But I get the feeling via the press that Disney was expecting box office in line with Civil War, and Vol 2 will fall short of that.

DznyRktekt

No, Rohde is in charge of the Marvel portfolio. Tom Fitzgerald is in charge of Epcot projects.

The positive in this for a guy like myself, is that Rhode has a way of bringing out the richness in all projects he touches (sans DinoLand USA). At this stage of my life I have little interest in Marvel, I do not read comics, and Universal Islands of Adventure presents characters and experiences in a way that feels similar to painted flats and props. Rhode is sure to deliver Marvel stories and characters in a way that bring the feel of Animal Kingdom and positive vibes to those expecting layers of immersion from Disney. It may cause many to become fans of an I.P.

HMF

The positive in this for a guy like myself, is that Rhode has a way of bringing out the richness in all projects he touches (sans DinoLand USA). At this stage of my life I have little interest in Marvel, I do not read comics, and Universal Islands of Adventure presents characters and experiences in a way that feels similar to painted flats and props. Rhode is sure to deliver Marvel stories and characters in a way that bring the feel of Animal Kingdom and positive vibes to those expecting layers of immersion from Disney. It may cause many to become fans of an I.P.
I liked Marvel at one point (pre-Disney) Then I was in-different to it Now I hate it with a passion that has me yelling at pieces of cardboard.

HMF

You have issues.
None that Clint Eastwood doesn't have.
upload_2017-5-28_19-22-53.png

Animaniac93-98

Don't get me wrong, I love the movie. And it is an unqualified success. But I get the feeling via the press that Disney was expecting box office in line with Civil War, and Vol 2 will fall short of that.

At this point I'd be surprised if it hits $1 billion. Its opened in all markets and still has $200+ million to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom