The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Sympathy like! Wow....I can't believe they offered you NOTHING. You should at least have that meal comped! And how do you lose a credit card between the table and the computer? Sounds fishy to me. Glad your trip is good besides that!! I loved Soarin.
Me too. I noticed so many new things in the film this time. The first ride for me is getting used to the movement, then on to the content. I think that it's because of my last stroke. It's harder for me to be anywhere with a lot of noise and people. I'm getting dizzy walking with everyone going everywhere at the same time. I need a new strategy for next year.

Songbird76

So we went to an Escape room tonight and it was SOOO much fun. It was an Indiana Jones theme. Most of the ones here, you have to have 6 people, so this one was cool because they allowed you to do it with just 2 and there aren't many who do. Of course, with only 2 people, it's a lot harder because you have to find all the clues AND solve all the puzzles yourself. We failed, but I think we had ALMOST all the clues, and we had enough to get 2 more codes that would have opened 2 trunks and I think inside one of the trunks was a key to the fireplace. We needed to find a couple more blocks and a magnet. We found all the dominoes, and we found the metal marble for the maze too soon...we needed the magnet to get the marble through the maze. We were doing pretty well without the magnet, but there were 2 spots that were just so hard not to have it fall through a hole and you had to start over. So we wasted a lot of time on that, not knowing there was a magnet. I thought we needed to do that maze to get a code to open one of the trunks to find the rest of the clues for the puzzles, so I thought we needed to do that first, but it was the other way around. But we had a BLAST and we so want to do it again!!
We wanted to do a boat tour in Den Bosch, but they were fully booked, so we'll have to go back sometime and do that. Great weekend so far!!
We ate at a tapas restaurant, and I'm so sorry I didn't take pictures, but we were pressed for time. We had reserved at 5:30, we were there 15 minutes early, but they weren't even ready yet and we had to wait for half an hour to put in our first order. We were there for the early bird deal, which you had to be done by 7:30, but they were soooo slow!! You could only order 2 things per round. By the time we got our 2nd round, we had been there for an hour. So we were trying to go as fast as we could so we could fit in enough rounds to get enough food. It was pretty good, though one of the things I ordered was supposed to come with a "cajun" sauce and I took one bite and it was a mustard sauce and not at ALL spicey. I don't know much about cajun foods, but I didn't think Mustard was the base for a sauce and I thought cajun was spicy..so I traded DH because he likes mustard and I can't stand it. And my other dish that round was Dolma and normally I love Dolma, but this was nasty...it was hard, cold, and smelled like mint. So I didn't eat that, and couldn't eat the souvlaki with mustard sauce. Hubby was so sweet to trade his steak in tarragon sauce with me. Everything else was good.

Goofyernmost

Which restaurant is the one with a seating section overlooking the Mexican boat ride? It looked so pretty!!
The one by the ride is San Angel if memory serves me. I have eaten there twice since 1983. The food was fine both times, but the thing that I did find uncomfortable was the spacing of tables and chairs. They have crammed them in as tight as humanly possible leaving almost no room to walk around or even extend ones arm without hitting someone else. Really great atmosphere though. I would still go back, but, I very seldom do table service meals at WDW because of the cost and (oh, heck) the cost.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So we went to an Escape room tonight and it was SOOO much fun. It was an Indiana Jones theme. Most of the ones here, you have to have 6 people, so this one was cool because they allowed you to do it with just 2 and there aren't many who do. Of course, with only 2 people, it's a lot harder because you have to find all the clues AND solve all the puzzles yourself. We failed, but I think we had ALMOST all the clues, and we had enough to get 2 more codes that would have opened 2 trunks and I think inside one of the trunks was a key to the fireplace. We needed to find a couple more blocks and a magnet. We found all the dominoes, and we found the metal marble for the maze too soon...we needed the magnet to get the marble through the maze. We were doing pretty well without the magnet, but there were 2 spots that were just so hard not to have it fall through a hole and you had to start over. So we wasted a lot of time on that, not knowing there was a magnet. I thought we needed to do that maze to get a code to open one of the trunks to find the rest of the clues for the puzzles, so I thought we needed to do that first, but it was the other way around. But we had a BLAST and we so want to do it again!!
We wanted to do a boat tour in Den Bosch, but they were fully booked, so we'll have to go back sometime and do that. Great weekend so far!!
We ate at a tapas restaurant, and I'm so sorry I didn't take pictures, but we were pressed for time. We had reserved at 5:30, we were there 15 minutes early, but they weren't even ready yet and we had to wait for half an hour to put in our first order. We were there for the early bird deal, which you had to be done by 7:30, but they were soooo slow!! You could only order 2 things per round. By the time we got our 2nd round, we had been there for an hour. So we were trying to go as fast as we could so we could fit in enough rounds to get enough food. It was pretty good, though one of the things I ordered was supposed to come with a "cajun" sauce and I took one bite and it was a mustard sauce and not at ALL spicey. I don't know much about cajun foods, but I didn't think Mustard was the base for a sauce and I thought cajun was spicy..so I traded DH because he likes mustard and I can't stand it. And my other dish that round was Dolma and normally I love Dolma, but this was nasty...it was hard, cold, and smelled like mint. So I didn't eat that, and couldn't eat the souvlaki with mustard sauce. Hubby was so sweet to trade his steak in tarragon sauce with me. Everything else was good.

Sounds like a fun night. I wonder why the policy was only 2 things per round?

Oh and @Goofyernmost is right the Mexican restaurant that overlooks the boat ride is San Angel Inn. I've only eaten there once and I enjoyed my food, but the tables are close together. And the service was slow. I haven't been back just because there are many more restaurants I'd rather eat at. I'm glad I didn't have the situation like @betty rose.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Sounds like a lot of fun was had. Sorry about the foods though. I've never had Dolma but I love polish Gołąbki's-their cabbage rolls. Slurp.

What kinda car do you guys get?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hope it's now settled down and the sun will be out soon. Sending another sling shot and some wine. Be safe my friend

It was a beautiful day. I repainted my entryway rug-outside, got the bark on all of the plants in pots. Dug a hole. I have a Shepard's double hook that keeps falling over, annoying. When I'm done it will be there until the metal rots. I had sprayed down our entire property with liquid weed kill, with all the rain we even had weeds popping up in the pavers, rocks and a crack in the driveway. Insane. Seems they are half dead. Hope I don't have to do that again-ever. :facepalm:

Now I want to go out to dinner...da da da da da da da da da da da DA dadadada da da da da da da da DA da da da DUH DUH DUUHH
DOOM DUM ~
That's what happens when you watch too much Jeopardy. :cyclops:

And it is going to rain tonight and on and off tomorrow. River is over now again from yesterday. Joy Joy

StarWarsGirl

Hahaaa...!
I didn't even start to feel "old-ish" at all until about my mid 40's. Even now, at 54, I still don't feel "old".
If you think you feel old this early in your life, boy howdy, just wait for the rest of the ride to come...!!!!! :joyfull: ;)
They say we all turn into our parents eventually. Having a brother six and a half years younger than me means it's happening a lot more quickly.:cautious:

StarWarsGirl

Sorry, but I hate fidget spinners and the person who created them was definitely not a middle school teacher. I understand that they can be good for ADHD kids, but our middle schoolers just can't use them properly. They use them to try to "cut" paper, spin them at each other, deconstruct them, etc..... And then there are some that when spinning make a whirling noise. They are annoying, I hope this phase has passed when the next school year starts. Interestingly though, my high school students seem to have no interest in them.
I love mine. But I'm also not a middle schooler. The worst thing I've done with mine was dropping it on my face.

My mom subs for high school and has seen them. One from a boy who always has had one, but some other students had them. She made all the kids except the one who she knows needs it legitimately (he has autism) and made the rest put them away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom