Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Suspirian

I talk about this a lot but im going to keep speaking it into existence until it happens

I need to have some of the collectors creatures out for Halloween

George Lucas on a Bench

I think the success of this ride (AKA overlay) shows that Disney guests want more masculine attractions and not girly princess crap. Were there crowds like this for the Little Mermaid ride? I don't even think if you combined the amount of people who have been on that thing in the last 6 months it could rival the crowds for this funny book ride in the past two days.

Think about all the most popular and beloved stuff at Disneyland. The Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Peter Pan. All masculine with men in starring roles and females being auctioned off, rescued by males or being the only real villainous character in the entire thing, AKA Constance. The Disneyland guests have spoken. More manly rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 107043

I think the success of this ride (AKA overlay) shows that Disney guests want more masculine attractions and not girly princess crap.

I don't believe that park goers prefer masculine themes to Disney fairytales, but I do think the types of characters and situations in Mission Breakout have been in short supply at DLR over the past few decades, so there's probably some pent up demand and interest. With a bigger presence from both Marvel and Star Wars at DLR I would not be supprised if we see a noticeable shift in demographics at the end of the first summer season after SW Land opens.

George Lucas on a Bench

They need to bring back the gunslingers in Frontierland. Get rid of the ridiculous giant Toy Story characters and have Zorro doing meet and greets.

GOTG is ushering in a new era for manliness at DL.

mickEblu

They need to bring back the gunslingers in Frontierland. Get rid of the ridiculous giant Toy Story characters and have Zorro doing meet and greets.

I agree that all of the classics at DL are more adventure themed / non fairy tale/ "boy" properties but wasn't TOT all of these things?

VJ

I dunno about you but I'm all for Old Spice sponsoring Big Thunder Mountain.

George Lucas on a Bench

I agree that all of the classics at DL are more adventure themed / non fairy tale/ "boy" properties but wasn't TOT all of these things?

Not inordinately. The presence of the little girl and women characters in the elevator made it more gender neutral and unfortunately it reminded more people of that Kirsten Dunst TV movie, which was mega girly, than the Twilight Zone TV show.

Professortango1

Not inordinately. The presence of the little girl and women characters in the elevator made it more gender neutral and unfortunately it reminded more people of that Kirsten Dunst TV movie, which was mega girly, than the Twilight Zone TV show.

Male narrator. Can people be reminded of a movie when most people don't even know or remember that flick? I only know of it because it perfectly shows off how far Steve Guttenberg fell.

George Lucas on a Bench

Grand openings of things at Disney are always immensely boring and embarrassing in ways you could never imagine. They could save a lot on installation of stages and things by just having Mickey come out, say a few words and cut a ribbon similar to when Steven Spielberg opened Universal Studios Florida with Jay Stein, then everyone entered the park.

Curious Constance

When you think about it, it's odd they feel the need to bring the suit behind the money out to these things. It's always awkward because they aren't cut out for that role.

D

Deleted member 107043

When you think about it, it's odd they feel the need to bring the suit behind the money out to these things. It's always awkward because they aren't cut out for that role.

It's interesting isn't it? Part of being an executive at any organization is speaking in front of groups of people, even if you aren't particularly good at it. I have no opinion of Chapek's abilities in his role as head of Disney Parks, and he's probably likeable in person, but he's obviously not a charismatic individual. Iger, on the other hand, is pretty good at it, but nobody can top Eisner IMO. That guy seemed to truly love being the CEO of Disney whenever he was in front of an audience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom