What did you do?

Texas84

Fantastic idea. Wish this was mandatory for all pedestrians where I live! I mostly take the bus to and from work but I will occasionally drive my car in the winter and it is already quite dark at the end of the workday; I am always amazed at how many pedestrians do nothing to make themselves more visible (unbelievable how many people wear a black or very dark winter coat - so much so that a visiting child asked if it was a requirement to wear a black coat here!).

I'm just curious though - is the flashing light distracting as you run or do you get used to it?

I wear a cap with a reflective bill and that flashing reflection annoyed me for the first mile then I got used to it. I'm sure if I didn't have the cap I wouldn't have noticed.

BrianV

Long time away from here. Rehabbing knee has been slow with setbacks. Much much better though such that I'm able to get 7-10 miles a week. And yesterday had my longest run of the year at 5 miles. But most excitingly (and non running related) had our first DLR visit in April. Alas no WDW or DLR trips in our future for now... :(

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Long time away from here. Rehabbing knee has been slow with setbacks. Much much better though such that I'm able to get 7-10 miles a week. And yesterday had my longest run of the year at 5 miles. But most excitingly (and non running related) had our first DLR visit in April. Alas no WDW or DLR trips in our future for now... :(

Welcome back - you've been missed!

Glad to hear the knee is getting better, if slowly.

JillC LI

3m on TM yesterday. Still hate that damn new TM.

Welcome back. Glad the knee is feeling better. What did you think of DLR vs. WDW? We visited DLR for the first time in 2014 and loved it but I'm still a WDW gal at heart. I feel your pain on the no-trips-planned thing.

BrianV

Nice and easy pain free 3 miles in the light mist. Lovely.

3m on TM yesterday. Still hate that damn new TM.

Welcome back. Glad the knee is feeling better. What did you think of DLR vs. WDW? We visited DLR for the first time in 2014 and loved it but I'm still a WDW gal at heart. I feel your pain on the no-trips-planned thing.

I wrote a whole post on it in the DLR thread. Long and short, there are aspects of of both that I prefer. Hyperspace mountain was awesome. I think, though, I might prefer WDW. The DLR castle was way too small! :)

dreamfinder

Sun was 5k race with stroller, PR for race w/stroller, but wasn't real happy with the crowds. Did the first half mile or so off roading cause the road was just too darn crowded. Got the death glare from a lady who swerved in front of me and got a heel clipped. If she didn't have her headphones in she might have heard me yelling at her I was on her right. *sigh* Mon was 4.5ish with DW and DS. DS kept wanting to get out and "run", but he'd get sidetracked with every new stick he found to play with so pace was who knows what. Today was 2.65@2i, 1@7:45, 1@7:30, .65@7:13.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Finally able to run again after two weeks - had some sort of cold/cough/sore throat for a bit more than a week after making it all through the winter without getting sick. 3+ miles tonight at a VERY easy pace in my collective training; it was still 80 degrees at 7 pm so we took it very slow and made several water stops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom