Wine Bar George opening in Disney Springs late 2017

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, May 21. Additional foundation work in progress.

IMG_9603.JPG

raven

The brickwork and wood looks fantastic to me.
Well, picnic tables though? A wine bar is supposed to represent "class" and "sophistication." Maybe it's just the anticipation I've built up since construction has taken forever and then seeing the concept art doesn't merit the time frame to me. Just my opinion. I was hoping for something boutique-ish and comfy like the that are peppered all around NYC. There's a perfect little one like that in downtown Winter Garden, FL!

ABQ

Well, picnic tables though? A wine bar is supposed to represent "class" and "sophistication." Maybe it's just the anticipation I've built up since construction has taken forever and then seeing the concept art doesn't merit the time frame to me. Just my opinion. I was hoping for something boutique-ish and comfy like the that are peppered all around NYC. There's a perfect little one like that in downtown Winter Garden, FL!
I can see your point, however, I feel he's trying to be a wine bar that captures a bit of a wine cellar, in which case, the tables are appropriate.

drwadadli

I personally like the concept drawing. Sophisticated but yet earthy with the tables. They don't look like picnic tables for the fact that each seat is its own seat and not a bench seat. Wine bars are more communal seating so as to relax and chat with new friends.

raven

I personally like the concept drawing. Sophisticated but yet earthy with the tables. They don't look like picnic tables for the fact that each seat is its own seat and not a bench seat. Wine bars are more communal seating so as to relax and chat with new friends.
Well, compare it to the wine bar that actually looks like a wine cellar in Italy at Epcot with all of those comfy features. THAT is the iconic wine bar look I was hoping for with this one. But to each their own.

drwadadli

Well, compare it to the wine bar that actually looks like a wine cellar in Italy at Epcot with all of those comfy features. THAT is the iconic wine bar look I was hoping for with this one. But to each their own.
Here are a couple of pictures of wine bars (that have been listed as top 10 wine bars) in Napa Valley and they look very similar to the concept picture. Also, I have asked several friends (including one that is a sommelier and who loves WDW) that have been to Italy and they all say that the wine cellar in Italy is NOT typical wine cellar. Yes the low lighting and closeness but not the table settings.

barndiva.jpg
images

Disney Springs is SUPPOSE to be like an upscale outdoor mall. It is designed allow guests to shop at named stores without leaving property and to bring non-guests in for the restaurants

Very hard to shop and eat there when most items are priced way above what normal people can afford.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom