Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

castlecake2.0

I can't imagine IdF cost per hour is very high. It takes what 2-4 cast members to run the attraction?? What will Rat require?? 15-20?

It can run on 2; 1 greeter and 1 theatre, when rat is added it could just be worked into that attractions rotation ( like say, advebturealnd where tiki room/carpets/tree house is all one rotation of the same cast) but who knows

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I know they will never do it, but it would be nice if they would/could somehow convert all of the circle vision films to a digital format such that you could view them using a VR feature on your phone such as Samsung VR or other 360-video viewing systems. Not only for the current ones, but for previous ones too (like Time Keeper)...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know they will never do it, but it would be nice if they would/could somehow convert all of the circle vision films to a digital format such that you could view them using a VR feature on your phone such as Samsung VR or other 360-video viewing systems. Not only for the current ones, but for previous ones too (like Time Keeper)...
There is a chance the remaining theatres will get digital projection. That's about as much as we can hope for.

aladdin2007

I would rather they just send the princesses packing...back to the Magic Kingdom and keep EPCOT Princess free.

Thank you.... because between akershus and frozen the Norway courtyard is nothing but a mess. Too much in one spot. Get them out of akershus already, the place is just a giant toddler playground anymore and impossible to dine. Its one thing to implement characters (if they belong and these dont) but to parade all the kids through the restaurant? total mayhem to what use to be a great place.

jaxonp

I don't have a good feeling about IdF. It's really become a favorite of mine the past few years... especially when I start thinking about going back to Paris...

It would be a shame if China and Canada keep their lesser quality films.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don't have a good feeling about IdF. It's really become a favorite of mine the past few years... especially when I start thinking about going back to Paris...

It would be a shame if China and Canada keep their lesser quality films.
I'm not sure the films are lesser quality, so much as the lack of seating. I remember my first Birnbaum's saying of IdF, "What a difference a seat makes".

I haven't seen the film in China in a decade or more, but IdF is certainly more dated than O Canada. They're both lovely films however.

tirian

Sorry if i offend someone but when you go to a Disney park you expect Disney stuff...
The concept of Epcot is far from Walt's vision anyway so why not keep the whole educational concept but add Disney here and there? I agree about Frozen (althoug i think its very well done), Arendelle is not Norway. On the other hand I think it would be cool to have a Mulan ride in China for example...
Don't worry,i'm ready for a lot of negative responses

People expect Disney stuff...
... like a Magic Kingdom completely devoid of cartoon IP everywhere except Fantasyland and occasionally Main Street? (Disneyland, c. Walt's entire life)
... like True Life Adventures?
... like American mythology?
... like Davy Crockett, Zorro, Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, Spin and Marty?
... like one of only three princess movies made in Walt's entire lifetime?
... like the original EPCOT Center based on concepts for Walt's own ideas for Tomorrowland and International Street? (Admittedly, not at all like his true E.P.C.O.T.)

Previous to the mid 90s, "Disney" meant much more than magical IPs. The merchandise division created that behemoth which has swallowed the company ever since.

Last edited:

jaxonp

I'm not sure the films are lesser quality, so much as the lack of seating. I remember my first Birnbaum's saying of IdF, "What a difference a seat makes".

I haven't seen the film in China in a decade or more, but IdF is certainly more dated than O Canada. They're both lovely films however.

The projection technology is but the rest isn't really that dated save a scene or two.

csm

Interesting you compare the two. Sort of like comparing Haunted Mansion to Fallon.

Interesting that I compare one 4D EMV-based dark ride to another 4D EMV-based dark ride? And that makes it like comparing an omnimover dark ride to a simulator? Nice try, little fella!

In any case I see Uni apologists once again critiquing what they fear.

Are you honestly implying that I'm a Universal apologist? You should see my facebook wall. Especially after Transformers opened. Especially after Kong opened. Especially after Fallon opened. Especially after Volcano Bay opened.

What I *AM* is someone who HAS ACTUALLY RIDDEN Ratatouille and thus someone who is actually qualified to share an opinion of the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom