Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Wasn't trying to move the goal post just trying to show the ridiculousness of your comment. WS has always been more about food than rides so having 3 places to eat in a place vs 2 isn't really that hard to fathom.
It's hard to fathom for the majority of us, I would bet.

ToTBellHop

Wasn't trying to move the goal post just trying to show the ridiculousness of your comment. WS has always been more about food than rides so having 3 places to eat in a place vs 2 isn't really that hard to fathom.
Fantasyland was completely appropriate. WS didn't need it. The pavilion has a signature, a TS, QS bakery, a place with gelato, a crepery. The full complement.

Kev1982

Sorry if i offend someone but when you go to a Disney park you expect Disney stuff...
The concept of Epcot is far from Walt's vision anyway so why not keep the whole educational concept but add Disney here and there? I agree about Frozen (althoug i think its very well done), Arendelle is not Norway. On the other hand I think it would be cool to have a Mulan ride in China for example...
Don't worry,i'm ready for a lot of negative responses

peter11435

Sorry if i offend someone but when you go to a Disney park you expect Disney stuff...
The concept of Epcot is far from Walt's vision anyway so why not keep the whole educational concept but add Disney here and there? I agree about Frozen (althoug i think its very well done), Arendelle is not Norway. On the other hand I think it would be cool to have a Mulan ride in China for example...
3(6-7)+2

lazyboy97o

Why don't people expect "Disney stuff" when they go to a Disney movie?

Bocabear

No reason for negative responses...I think the problem everyone had with Frozen was the fact that it was not set in actual Norway...nor was the story even a Norwegian fairy tale. A Mulan ride in China would be fine by me...it takes place in China not a made up land...
I think that was really most people's concern... That and the overabundance of Princesses... Snow White would not fit in Germany because there is nothing except the cartoon styling to even place it there... But if there were a specifically German fairy tale, that felt like it was culturaly"German", then possibly that could work... But even saying that I would never be behind putting BATB in EpCOT

VeroniqueB

Most princess meet at EPCOT in their "country". Mulan in China, Snow White in Germany, Belle in France, etc. Plus Akerkhus. So the leap to princess based ride in the WS is not a big one.

(I know most people without children here probably rarely do characters meet anymore, but we still do and I actually prefer the princess in those setting than in MK. It just feel more relaxing.)

So I think WS can easily handle staying true + princess, even if the tie in is weak, like Frozen.

I'm way more worried about Futureworld.

castlecake2.0

Would this have anything to do with the recent change of making IDF have operating times like AA? The show used to run continuously and now only runs on the :15 and :45

The film is 18 minutes long, plus you have the pre show spiel, theatre load, intro spiel, film, exit spiel, theatre unload. When you factor all that in, having two shows an hour is probably pretty close to continuous and would require the same amount of cast anyways.

jaxonp

The film is 18 minutes long, plus you have the pre show spiel, theatre load, intro spiel, film, exit spiel, theatre unload. When you factor all that in, having two shows an hour is probably pretty close to continuous and would require the same amount of cast anyways.

I can't imagine IdF cost per hour is very high. It takes what 2-4 cast members to run the attraction?? What will Rat require?? 15-20?

Bocabear

Most princess meet at EPCOT in their "country". Mulan in China, Snow White in Germany, Belle in France, etc. Plus Akerkhus. So the leap to princess based ride in the WS is not a big one.

(I know most people without children here probably rarely do characters meet anymore, but we still do and I actually prefer the princess in those setting than in MK. It just feel more relaxing.)

So I think WS can easily handle staying true + princess, even if the tie in is weak, like Frozen.

I'm way more worried about Futureworld.
but if Princess takeover becomes the norm in EPCOT, I can garauntee you that it will no longer be relaxing...it will be the same thing as the Magic Kingdom...and I would really prefer the characters stay in Fantasyland... To me, Magic Kingdom is the land of fairy tales and fantasy, EPCOT is the land of the real world... I wish they would stick to this model...When kids want to see the characters, they go to MK, simple simple...

VeroniqueB

but if Princess takeover becomes the norm in EPCOT, I can garauntee you that it will no longer be relaxing...it will be the same thing as the Magic Kingdom...and I would really prefer the characters stay in Fantasyland... To me, Magic Kingdom is the land of fairy tales and fantasy, EPCOT is the land of the real world... I wish they would stick to this model...When kids want to see the characters, they go to MK, simple simple...

My point is the princess are already there, have been for a long time and everything is fine. You can spice some magic here and there if done correctly and still get a cohesive experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom