Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's become a issue on my college campus. You can buy those types of vests anywhere and use it on a "service" dog, but they are not officially trained or licensed as such.

This drives me crazy...I see so many that are designated as service dogs and I wonder the same. I am sure they are designated for "emotional support" which on the whole, I'm not buying.

I also saw a few "service" dogs, and my reaction was the same; I had questions . . . They came in all sizes, too. (This is not to say that there aren't professionally "trained" service dogs that perform valuable services. A colleague of mine is wheelchair bound, and he has a service dog that helps him out.) But my main concern was the HEAT of the pavement down there. I've had my own pets--(not service) dogs down through the years, I know that their paws are not immune to extremes in temperature (either very hot or very cold).

I can suffer from really bad anxiety but I would be a nervous wreck if I had my little Pomeranian there with me. I would constantly be worrying about his paws getting burned, getting dehydrated, lost, stepped on, or run over by a scooter LOL. My dog can stay safely at home with a good pet sitter for my own sanity :)
Thank you ladies for affirming my concerns about the validity of this "service' dog. And the health of that dog in the FL heat!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tough call - may have to go to tiebreaker question on this one.....
Grandma Belle???
View attachment 206558
Or middle age Snow White????
View attachment 206557
Max
You always make me :joyfull:, Max!

So, no competition on this one--the booby prize goes to the Certs twins in their "princess" :rolleyes: gowns. (Now, don't get me wrong--I'm all for living in a second childhood. Frankly, I never left my first one. :p But, I chose not to dress the part!! :D )
Amen!

All this food looks delicious!!
It was!! :hungry:

Loving this trip report, following along!
Thanks for joining in :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What a gang of derelicts you came across on your MK day! Not the first time I heard of folks free loading the Peco Bill's fixin's bar. :eek:

Grrr...what is most upsetting is the example set forth for their kids. Sadly, the cycle of freeloading will continue. Because someones paying for it... the paying patrons when the prices have to go up:mad:
Yup, this is exactly why we can't have nice things anymore....freeloaders. :bored:

gwhb75

curse you @Tuvalu. I was in the process of writing my pre-trip report(s) and this was going to be my title....

Perhaps you could pull an "Offspring" move and put "You snooze you lose" at the end of your title (now for an explanation of what that means (I am a bit of a music geek). Guns 'N Roses had been working on an album for years that they had said would be called Chinese Democracy. However, they took years to finally record and produce it. So, in order to cause some controversy, the Offspring said they were working on an album they were going to call "Chinese Democracy - You Snooze You Lose"....and lawsuits and cease and desist orders ensued).

:confused:

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
curse you @Tuvalu. I was in the process of writing my pre-trip report(s) and this was going to be my title....

Perhaps you could pull an "Offspring" move and put "You snooze you loose" at the end of your title (now for an explanation of what that means (I am a bit of a music geek). Guns 'N Roses had been working on an album for years that they had said would be called Chinese Democracy. However, they took years to finally record and produce it. So, in order to cause some controversy, the Offspring said they were working on an album they were going to call "Chinese Democracy - You Snooze You Lose"....and lawsuits and cease and desist orders ensued).

:confused:
So what you are actually saying is that you remember the Certs commercial and you are essentially old as dirt? :cautious: :joyfull:

And I am fairly certain the Offspring did not coin "You snooze you lose." ;)

But in terms of the TR title....you lose. Just where the heck have you been lately anyway?:D

gwhb75

So what you are actually saying is that you remember the Certs commercial and you are essentially old as dirt? :cautious: :joyfull:

And I am fairly certain the Offspring did not coin "You snooze you lose." ;)

But in terms of the TR title....you lose. Just where the heck have you been lately anyway?:D

Yes, I vaguely remember the 2 mints in one commerical from the 80's. While not as old as dirt, I am getting up there.

No, the Offspring didn't coin "you snooze you lose", they just used it to taunt GnR.

Yes, my hesitation has cost me dearly. I must now go back to the drawing board to come up with another catchy title

In terms of where I've been...just been really busy. My now-delayed PTR will explain all...;)

blreinsel

Well, here I am. Better late than never. :rolleyes: Love the intro!

I love All Star Music.. I had the same great experience there even staying in June. It really is a hidden gem! We also stayed in Broadway. :) I loved looking at the show "advertisements!"

Your Dinosaur ride picture is a riot. :hilarious:

I love the Streetmosphere performers! We stumbled across them a few years back and I now make an effort to stop and watch them when visiting HS!

I cannot believe the people at Pecos Bill's!!! Actually, I can. But it's so sad when people take advantage of things. This is why we can't have nice things!

Overall, a great start to another awesome TR! I'll try to be more punctual from now on. :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, here I am. Better late than never. :rolleyes: Love the intro!

I love All Star Music.. I had the same great experience there even staying in June. It really is a hidden gem! We also stayed in Broadway. :) I loved looking at the show "advertisements!"

Your Dinosaur ride picture is a riot. :hilarious:

I love the Streetmosphere performers! We stumbled across them a few years back and I now make an effort to stop and watch them when visiting HS!

I cannot believe the people at Pecos Bill's!!! Actually, I can. But it's so sad when people take advantage of things. This is why we can't have nice things!

Overall, a great start to another awesome TR! I'll try to be more punctual from now on. :joyfull:
I wasn't worried about you. I knew you'd make it eventually. :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, May 5

"A Very Blustery Day"
(That Pooh comment was actually uttered by Woody at the end of our day.)

It had stormed overnight and everything was wet when we awakened. It was also a cooler 68 degrees. We weren't starting our day in a park, but with breakfast at one of our fave places. (Told ya there were more good eats coming!) We were running a little behind (hello, @Courtney6682 ;)) and I briefly considering requesting an Uber. Ultimately we took the monorail to the MK with the intention of transferring to the Yacht/Beach bus. I was pretty certain that if we were late for our ADR, Captain's Grille would still have a table for us.

Some morning shots from the lounge ~
IMG_6700.JPG

Is that not paradise?

IMG_6701.JPG

The castle is really closer than it appears.

IMG_6703.JPG

Pretend the green maintenance building and bungalow aren't there....much prettier that way.

mlegerto

Tuvalu, I'm late to the party (as always...never seems to fail), but I'm here now and joining in for the rest of the fun!
So excited for another TR to get me through the next few months till my own (December and Christmas can't come quick enough!)

I hope the Streetmosphere performers continue to remain at DHS once all the changes are completed. The performers are truly "hidden gems" and can bring so much joy into your park experience. Many people just rush on by without stopping to watch or listen. They don't know what they're missing.

We happened upon the "Once a Year on May 3 Famous Award for Comedy Award." :hilarious:

Couldn't agree with you more. Streemosphere makes HS special. I will be gutted if they make cuts to these performers!

On the bright side, we were happy that our request for a third floor room was honored. As longtime readers know, sitting out on a balcony is an important part of our vacation! This balcony was very private.

img_6591-jpg.206009

What a beautiful view. So peaceful. Take me there now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
A brief trip report interruption ~

Friends and I are on a girls trip to the beach for a few days. Not sure when I'll be able to update, but had to share a few pictures of where we stopped for lunch. We pulled off the interstate intending to stop at a fast food joint. This beauty caught my eyes and we HAD to stop!

IMG_7381.JPG

I am a TURKEY JUNKIE!! We couldn't have found a more perfect spot to dine.

IMG_7378.JPG

Turkey-based dishes are all this place sells, fresh from their turkey farm.

IMG_7379.JPG

YUM YUM YUM!!

And we have made it to the beach. :happy:
IMG_7382.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom