More Classy Behavior of Guests at Disney

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Wow, there's a provactive statement. I guess we should all just shut up since none of us will ever come close to having a controlling interest in DIS.

As long as we are talking about stuff that doesn't matter...I bet I have FAR more of a controlling interest than you, so maybe my opinion does carry more weight?

I'm more diversified than a single stock, but your percentage of ownership is trivial compared to the top 5 individual owners such as Bob Iger.

jaklgreen

Why was the bartender still serving him when he was drunk. And why didn't anyone do anything about this baby being in the sun? Cast members, especially the bartender, should have seen what was going on and stopped it long before it got that bad. I have no problem with alcohol. I do drink on occasion, but usually stop at 1 or 2 mixed drinks. But there is a time and place for it. When you are the sole parent responsible for a baby, for god's sakes, you do not drink at that time. I don't know why it is so hard for some people to go on a week's vacation with your family and not drink any alcohol. You have plenty of opportunity other times.

danyoung56

Good for you. Again, you aren't the issue. No one said everyone who drinks is bad. No one said everyone who drinks can't handle it. I'm not worried about you and I'm not talking about you.

I thank you, sincerely. So those few that don't do it right - are they enough to totally change the vibe of Disney parks at night?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

People wearing Crocs make me sick, socks with sandals as well. Screaming kids, long lines, guess we need to ban these things as well since they affect me more than someone drinking too much. It's sad that people still think this way. This type of thinking gave us things like the Salem witch trials.
If crocs or sandles with socks were the catalyst for child neglect and abusive and violent behavior toward others then yes I would be in favor of banning them in the parks.

Chef Mickey

People wearing Crocs make me sick, socks with sandals as well. Screaming kids, long lines, guess we need to ban these things as well since they affect me more than someone drinking too much. It's sad that people still think this way. This type of thinking gave us things like the Salem witch trials.
Nice try, but apples and oranges and you're smart enough to know why. Alcohol is a gate way to at best annoying behavior and at worst extremely violent and disruptive behavior. Crocs are just ugly but they don't hurt or potentially hurt others.

Chef Mickey

I thank you, sincerely. So those few that don't do it right - are they enough to totally change the vibe of Disney parks at night?
Was the tragedy of one child and an alligator enough to change everything? The unfortunate answer is yes. Just watch what happens if a confirmed drunk person does something really stupid and tragic. You'll see it after the fact, but I'm urging Disney to be proactive as alcohol doesn't really belong. We all know it's just there because money.

Chef Mickey

I'm more diversified than a single stock, but your percentage of ownership is trivial compared to the top 5 individual owners such as Bob Iger.
I'm highly diversified as well...again, doesn't matter. You made it sound like I needed a controlling interest in DIS to have and opinion. I am just pointing that I own more than you...not that I'm anywhere near a Bob Iger or other top executive. None of us actually have any say, but hey, it's a discussion board so you can't tell people to not have an opinion.

Biggen

Idiots will find ways to be idiots. Banning alcohol serves zero purpose other than to encourage people to smuggle it in. I know it would encourage me to do so. So then you go from being able to somewhat regulate it via servers making sure one doesnt get over-served to no regulation at all to those bringing it in.

Disneys security is not TSA. There just arent that good at detecting contraband.

blueslegend

Well, smoking is essentially prohibited in most parts of the park, so yeah, I kind of like that idea if it could be implemented, Smoking is a disgusting habit that impacts the others around, sometimes even in designated areas.

The phone thing...man, people can be annoying with phones. I wouldn't hate banning those too, but I think that might be a little extreme. I'd like to be able to throw people out the first time they let their phone ring or screen glow during a dark ride or stage show.

I think there shouldn't be alcohol at Disney Parks, so with my ultimate solution, there would be no "cutting off" because there would be no alcohol.

100% agree. As well as drinking and smoking I have a rodent phobia so we should ban them as well, especially mice.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
100% agree. As well as drinking and smoking I have a rodent phobia so we should ban them as well, especially mice.
Where would you draw the line?
(a) No alcohol on WDW property? That's a pretty big place...
(b) Alcohol in the resorts, but not in the parks? Unenforceable, since people will drink before they get to the parks
(c) Alcohol in the resorts and parks, but a two-drink limit? That will be just as hard to enforce as (b)

Realize that alcohol is a significant profit item for WDW. Without alcohol sales, it's likely they'd cut staff and raise prices throughout the WDWorld...

Now, if you want to ban mice in the alcohol (which I understand is popular in some Asian countries), I'd have to agree with that ban.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
(b) Alcohol in the resorts, but not in the parks? Unenforceable, since people will drink before they get to the parks
(c) Alcohol in the resorts and parks, but a two-drink limit? That will be just as hard to enforce as (b)

Realize that alcohol is a significant profit item for WDW. Without alcohol sales, it's likely they'd cut staff and raise prices throughout the WDWorld...

Now, if you want to ban mice in the alcohol (which I understand is popular in some Asian countries), I'd have to agree with that ban.

(d) No alchohol on planet Earth.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

At the MK they actually do have a two drink limit I'm pretty sure.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
No, Disney likes me. I happily pay, follow the rules, and don't make cast members' lives difficult because I respect what they do and they company.

Good for you? So because you live in a little bubble and never get into trouble, ever, that means everybody else should do the same because you feel YOUR comfort zone was impacted by someone who decided to drink a little too much?

Good grief....you're so worried about someone breaking out into a fit of drunken rage and punching someone's grandmother over something stupid that you arent seeing the fist fight breaking out over at the other side of the bar between 2 people that ARENT drunk, and the fight is over someone looking at the other person's wife funny. This is a hypothetical situation but if it were legit, might as well ban eye contact as well.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

Good for you? So because you live in a little bubble and never get into trouble, ever, that means everybody else should do the same because you feel YOUR comfort zone was impacted by someone who decided to drink a little too much?

Good grief....you're so worried about someone breaking out into a fit of drunken rage and punching someone's grandmother over something stupid that you arent seeing the fist fight breaking out over at the other side of the bar between 2 people that ARENT drunk, and the fight is over someone looking at the other person's wife funny. This is a hypothetical situation but if it were legit, might as well ban eye contact as well.
Yes.

Don't get your feathers ruffled too much though. Your alcohol isn't going anywhere unless I happen to be right and something bad happens that's directly related to alcohol. Then it will be banned rather quickly.

I just don't think alcohol really makes much sense at a family park, as good or as much fun as it can be. Again, lots of things are fun but there is a time and place for everything. Also, I'm not talking about 99% of the people who can handle it. To me, the 1% I consistently see who can't handle the alcohol are ruining it for everyone and are enough to ban it completely.

I would support a band system that cut people off after a certain number. It wouldn't be perfect, but it's better than now. Kids don't need to see drunken idiots during Illuminations and I've seen them too often. It's unfortunate because you're expecting a family environment.

Disney does a great job overall, but this only exists because it's too profitable to remove it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom