The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BAChicagoGal

Cold and rainy day in Chicago, so I spent my day crocheting. I actually had very little face pain today. I am hoping I get more sleep tonite, than I had the last two.

I am watching this Texas Flip & Move program. Pretty interesting how they buy these houses for barely anything, and then they move them, remodel them, and sell them.

BAChicagoGal

Having just been there this week, I really noticed the increase in food prices. All I eat at the parks is QS and it was very difficult to get lunch, for example, under $17.00 (with the tax, etc.). Also, just a freaking plain bottle of WATER is $3.00!!!

I am not a big eater. The last two times that I was at WDW, I ate a lot of kids meals. Perfect size, and usually under $10.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@MinnieM123

So cool that you were the rebel spy. Where did you sit?

Last June when we went to Hollywood Studios they would run the Walt Disney movie on certain days and a movie preview at One Man's Dream on other days and it was listed on the schedule. So that was nice. It is a nice movie.

And I know that you are probably ok with not taking a lot of picture but there are some digital cameras that do a decent job and are $50 or under, something to think about for another time perhaps.

Were you able to eat at the Brown Derby Lounge or the Tune In Lounge at all? Or enjoy any of the food for Flower and Garden?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good morning!!! It is finally here!!! Tomorrow we leave for our Disney trip!!! We are so excited!!!
I have lots to do today so I don't know how much I will be on here. I will most likely update our trip after we return.
You all take care, and I will talk to you again soon!!! :)

GodSpeed. Enjoy!

Gabe1

Went to Blizzard Beach one morning, but regretted it (no snow . . .) ;). Actually, it was mobbed because I think that Typhoon Lagoon was still under renovation. Oh, they have these new lockers now that I wasn't pleased with. Instead of going to the swim shop and purchasing the key for the day, they now have you go to stupid kiosk machines that don't work well. The first one wouldn't take my cash. Plus, I wanted to use my gift card which had about 6 dollars on it and pay the rest in cash, but the machine won't let you do a split transaction. :mad: You have to remember the number of your locker and you key in a 4 digit code for the lock. So there I was, panicking that I'd forget the number of the locker, or my 4 digit code?!! :in pain: With the old system, you wore the key on a wrist thing, and the number of the locker was on the key. It USED to be EASY. :mad:
They had those lockers installed at TL in the fall already. My DD just did it.
But we ran into those lockers at Kali and throughout Universal. Thinking they are here to stay.

Gabe1

Do you remember

When there was green and purple ketchup?
0e0acb3c87794218c618178cd3ef5d4a.jpg

or remember playing with the parachute in PE Class or when it was called gym class?
946d270aedb7af4b410d7895471177ba.jpg

or do you remember wondering what Wilson looked like?
598b6c8587cc7aec3b8c4e7c0e16bd2e.jpg

Or do you remember Mood Rings?
782195cd0ea9f6fbdc90a268423be87e.jpg

Or do you remember scented magic markers, yes we were taught to stick a marker to our nose and inhale.
f44288d53fd1d60d38a1c0847271ec99.jpg

or do you remember these Mickey Mouse watches?
0663be4de07097532501d569d705b642.jpg

Gabe1

Cold and rainy day in Chicago, so I spent my day crocheting. I actually had very little face pain today. I am hoping I get more sleep tonite, than I had the last two.

I am watching this Texas Flip & Move program. Pretty interesting how they buy these houses for barely anything, and then they move them, remodel them, and sell them.

Well little pain good news and a blessing. Hope it just keeps getting better. Pixie Dust blowing your way.

donaldtoo

Newhart did a long interview this week with John Williams of WGN Radio-Chicago. His mind is still strong. It was fun to listen to him be so happy about the Chicago Cubs and speak of his time when he went to college downtown fondly. Wonder if that all played into his one show being set in Chicago.

He will be in Chicago to be the keynote speaker for
The Salvation Army. Good guy. :inlove:

I believe this is the link to the interview with Newhart.
http://wgnradio.com/2017/05/05/bob-newhart-on-receiving-a-w-flag-from-the-cubs/

I still love this...! ;) :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Button-Down_Mind_of_Bob_Newhart

StarWarsGirl

Do you remember

When there was green and purple ketchup?
0e0acb3c87794218c618178cd3ef5d4a.jpg

or remember playing with the parachute in PE Class or when it was called gym class?
946d270aedb7af4b410d7895471177ba.jpg

or do you remember wondering what Wilson looked like?
598b6c8587cc7aec3b8c4e7c0e16bd2e.jpg

Or do you remember Mood Rings?
782195cd0ea9f6fbdc90a268423be87e.jpg

Or do you remember scented magic markers, yes we were taught to stick a marker to our nose and inhale.
f44288d53fd1d60d38a1c0847271ec99.jpg

or do you remember these Mickey Mouse watches?
0663be4de07097532501d569d705b642.jpg
I remember all except the purple ketchup. Which, for the record, yuck!

Didn't they show Wilson's face in the final episode?

StarWarsGirl

Bets, I got home from FL last night, and it was hot down there. But I wanted to comment about the 24 inches of snow up in the Rockies.

This morning, I had to get up at 4:00 AM, so that I could drive hubs to the Logan Airport express bus--yup--he flew to Denver today!! :p

He called me once the plane landed. His parents are up in the 2 foot snow area (they live above 7,000 feet). But the roads are fair enough today for him to take the drive up. (He grew up in the mountains and is used to all kinds of conditions.) And, as you know out in Colorado, it's so dry that the snow will go away in a few days.

Thank goodness his flight was today, as opposed to yesterday when the storm hit! :)
Good grief, two feet of snow? It was 90 here today. o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom