The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Welcome back!! You were missed! Did you melt over there?

Thank you. Yes, I did melt a few hours each day, and then went back to my hotel room to hibernate in the a/c. I found the mornings up to about noon-ish to be o.k. for the most part (too hot for me, but not intolerable), but early afternoon to late afternoon were way too hot. There were a few instances of cloud cover here and there, and that helped a lot.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Whew! Just got caught up!! There was so much going on here in chit chat over the past 4 days that I can't remember it all, but will try to add a few comments.

@BuddyThomas , that was a snazzy suit you bought!! You have good taste in clothing.

@MOXOMUMD , I'm glad I came back to the Donut countdown event! I love donuts! :hungry:

It's just after 5:15 and @MinnieM123 isn't on here:( I miss her:(:(:(:(

Missed all my pals here, too!

I don't even like packing for myself.

I pack the night before, and always hope for the best! :D (It's a lot of work for people with families though--a lot more to think about, and I understand that.)

MGM is really horible

Yes, it is. Luckily, I was able to enjoy the Great Movie Ride, for probably the last time. Went on Tower of Terror and Star Tours (for once, I was chosen as the rebel spy!). ;) Went over to Walt Disney's One Man's Dream, and did the walk through (that's always nice), but they didn't have the nice film they used to have. Instead, they were giving a 10 minute preview of the new Pirates movie, in that theater inside. I saw the preview and thought they'd have the Walt Disney movie afterwards, but they didn't. :(

Me too, but bet she isn't missing us, she is basking in the warmth of WDW.

Actually, I did miss my visits to WDWMagic while I was away. And as for basking in warmth--basking maybe at WDW, but no to the hot weather!!

I'm sure @MinnieM123 is cursing the glorious heat down there and praying for snow:cautious:

Went to Blizzard Beach one morning, but regretted it (no snow . . .) ;). Actually, it was mobbed because I think that Typhoon Lagoon was still under renovation. Oh, they have these new lockers now that I wasn't pleased with. Instead of going to the swim shop and purchasing the key for the day, they now have you go to stupid kiosk machines that don't work well. The first one wouldn't take my cash. Plus, I wanted to use my gift card which had about 6 dollars on it and pay the rest in cash, but the machine won't let you do a split transaction. :mad: You have to remember the number of your locker and you key in a 4 digit code for the lock. So there I was, panicking that I'd forget the number of the locker, or my 4 digit code?!! :in pain: With the old system, you wore the key on a wrist thing, and the number of the locker was on the key. It USED to be EASY. :mad:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Welcome back @MinnieM123!!! :)
Please tell us you have a few pics to post (especially of food :hungry: ;)) from your trip...?! o_O :D
Regardless, hope ya' had an awesome time...!!! :)

Sorry, I have no pictures. (When I've bought a disposable camera in the past, it took almost 2 weeks to get the pictures to develop on to a cd.) I finally gave up. My little flipphone does not take photos either.

donaldtoo

It was the last big downpour that came that I thought I was going to just have a nervous breakdown if it didn't stop. It was dark (can't remember, but maybe Sunday night?), and I looked out the front window. Street of course flooded, but the water came all the way up on my front lawn (first time ever) and all the way to the outfield of the park across the street (also a first). The water has gone down. I am supposed to go to a tree planting memorial tomorrow at a local park, and last time the poor widow checked, the spot was still under water. Hope that is all drained by tomorrow. And at school, the kids go outside in shifts. Last week, I was able to get the first group out, and the second would walk outside, and have to run in...more rain. Sick of rain. Talking to my dad, the desert never sounded so good.

I think if we got that last one, they would have had to lock me in a padded cell for awhile.

Oh my. Sympathy like.
Luckily, we live at the top of our street, so it all runs downhill away from us. Fortunately, all of our neighborhood drainage has always been very good. Yes, our backyard has looked like a bit of a small river before, but, no flooded homes that I can ever remember here, fortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom