Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

brb1006

Get ready for the return of Fantasmic! later this summer with a Passholder-exclusive shirt celebrating the 25th anniversary of this legendary show. Now available at Disneyana and Pieces of Eight (while supplies last). And, yes, AP discounts apply!

18449504_1757397650953770_1364716550142761001_o.jpg
Not sure if mentioned, but I heard they finally ditched Brave Little Tailor Mickey and finally used Sorcerer Mickey for the Maleficent scene.

wdrive

Take this with an unhealthy dose of salt but I've been reading that the Columbia has been testing with the Peter Pan set up.

Personally I'd rather have Peter Pan in Fantasmic than Pirates of the Caribbean but I would be slightly disappointed not to see the supposedly impressive new Pirates scene.

jrhwdw

Take this with an unhealthy dose of salt but I've been reading that the Columbia has been testing with the Peter Pan set up.

Personally I'd rather have Peter Pan in Fantasmic Pirates of the Caribbean but I would be slightly disappointed not to see the supposedly impressive new Pirates scene.
Don't hate me but, If Pan can get F! opened up earlier, or on time, so be it!

DL can save Pirates for a new scene for RDCT(and bring back Big Thunder while they're at it!) or a scene for a new pyro show. We know Pirates works well in shows like Nighttastic! and now HEA.

VJ

Personally I'd rather have Peter Pan in Fantasmic than Pirates of the Caribbean but I would be slightly disappointed not to see the supposedly impressive new Pirates scene.
The more and more I read that this show will be the old show with new segments shoehorned in, my excitement lessens. I hope it comes together well.

SuddenStorm

This Pan rumor is coming from the Micechat forums. A user is reporting to have seen the Columbia all set up with the Pirate flag slashed through. Said user only has one post, and didn't post a picture of the Columbia.

Admittedly, the thought of keeping Pan is VERY exciting to me- but it is possible that Disney is reusing some of the Pan props for the Pirates segment. This would be extremely cheap, since PotC and Pan are two very different art styles, but it wouldn't surprise me.

VJ

This Pan rumor is coming from the Micechat forums. A user is reporting to have seen the Columbia all set up with the Pirate flag slashed through. Said user only has one post, and didn't post a picture of the Columbia.

Admittedly, the thought of keeping Pan is VERY exciting to me- but it is possible that Disney is reusing some of the Pan props for the Pirates segment. This would be extremely cheap, since PotC and Pan are two very different art styles, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Disney's TOTALLY not known to be cheap. Nope. Not at all. Not possible. Fake news.

If this is true, it would explain why in the blog post a few days ago, they only confirmed Aladdin and nothing else..

I mean, I'd love Pan to stay as much as the next person but Pirates is in the limelight again, especially with the new movie at the end of the month. It's also shown it can work in HEA so it's more than likely here to stay.

wdrive

Is this the pirate flag everyone is all riled up about? Because, yes, it has been there for the Peter Pan segment.

Fantasmic-captain-hook-ship.jpg

What?

Yes that's the flag that is rumored to have been on the Columbia in recent testing for Fantasmic suggesting that the Peter Pan segment is not being replaced.

dweezil78

What?

Yes that's the flag that is rumored to have been on the Columbia in recent testing for Fantasmic suggesting that the Peter Pan segment is not being replaced.

Ah I see.. so since it was there before people are just assuming it's still for Peter Pan and not for a new Pirates segment as if they couldn't re-use a pirates flag for a pirates scene? (which obviously makes no sense)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom