Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Kman101

Yes Tarzan. You'll be in my heart. Phil Collins

And "Wrecking the Camp" (Only Disney movie soundtrack I've purchased was Tarzan's and it got a work out). I think it's become an underrated film, as much as Hercules and Hunchback so I love the inclusion. We should be happy they use less featured properties and not the same old.

I'll also happily take Moana, Princess and The Frog and Tangled over Frozen which has been used to death and if this fireworks show came before Moana we'd certainly get Frozen in Moana's spot. How many times can they do When You Wish Upon a Star (which you can still hear a bit of in the new show), etc. I think there's a very nice balance between new and old. IMO.

I do wish there was a stronger Alice in Wonderland presence. I haven't seen Once Upon a Time, is it in there or no? And Beauty and the Beast of course has a strong presence there.

SteamboatJoe

Definitely seemed like one of the goals of the show was to appeal to millennials which makes sense when you think about the primary demographic Disney targets in most of their advertisements.

HMF

Definitely seemed like one of the goals of the show was to appeal to millennials which makes sense when you think about the primary demographic Disney targets in most of their advertisements.
If I were to judge Disney's target demographic from most of the ads, Their target demographic would be 2-5 year olds.

ToTBellHop

As it stands I'd expect FoF to be playing.
Well that's just ridiculous. It'll be 8 1/2 years old by then. I was using logic to assume it'd be replaced for a major celebration (clearly a dangerous technique).

This is an honest question--do people not care for daytime parades anymore? They have gone from a major focus for WDW to barely noticeable. They were the focus of 100 Years of Magic.

I almost never see FoF because it's hot as hell or pouring rain at 3 pm so not worth the effort. It's a lovely parade when I've seen it.

ToTBellHop

Have you watched their commercials lately?
To me, their commercials (at least in the northeast) either show Pandora (not at all speaking to toddlers) or drip with nostalgia meant to guilt ~30-year olds (who are millennials) to take their kids to WDW or grandparents to steal the grandkids to bring them to FL. Visuals include MK classics but also Mine Train, Tower of Terror, Test Track, etc.

At least for Connecticut, you are incorrect. Their marketing is typically spot-on. My issue is that until 2015, there was a disconnect between marketing at the actual product's quality, but the pendulum is swinging back.

21stamps

To me, their commercials (at least in the northeast) either show Pandora (not at all speaking to toddlers) or drip with nostalgia meant to guilt ~30-year olds (who are millennials) to take their kids to WDW or grandparents to steal the grandkids to bring them to FL. Visuals include MK classics but also Mine Train, Tower of Terror, Test Track, etc.

At least for Connecticut, you are incorrect. Their marketing is typically spot-on. My issue is that until 2015, there was a disconnect between marketing at the actual product's quality, but the pendulum is swinging back.

I'd say the 45ish years old and under crowd, as well as grandparents. I've said before that Disney was spot on with when they revamped Star Wars.. I know this was debated in another thread, but my generation (Gen X) was mostly the original fan base, Gen X now has kids ranging from infants to high school graduates.. and the nostalgia in the commercials touches us, and Millenials with whom we share a lot in common. The advertisements definitely cover a broad range of ages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom