Will there be a meet and greet?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Puppet, AA, person on stilts? I mean, you are able to meet a round droid and a miniature tree at DHS. And at Uni, you can meet a pretty tall robot.

Of course, a Na'vi M&G wouldn't really fit with the story of the land that they went with.
Yeah, not going to happen.

AEfx

Oh, I realize. I'm just saying that an atypical sized character wouldn't be something that would prevent a M&G.

No, but you actually need to have a character with a name people actually know and want to meet in order to have one.

Minthorne

Who wouldn't want to meet Na'vi Smurf? Solves problem of size and name recognition.
avatar-smurfs-20100629-201621.jpg

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The same way you meet a mouse
And what is this person's name? People who haven't seen the movie would have no idea of the context of that person, or how to pronounce it. Everyone in the world knows Mickey. Also, meeting a 5 foot mouse is easy. Or even a tall Goofy, but a 15 footer?

wdrive

And what is this person's name? People who haven't seen the movie would have no idea of the context of that person, or how to pronounce it. Everyone in the world knows Mickey. Also, meeting a 5 foot mouse is easy. Or even a tall Goofy, but a 15 footer?

What about meeting 5 foot tall mouse from Cinderella? They're literally a couple of inches at most in the film. People who haven't seen that movie would have no clue who they are or what their names are either.

I'm not saying that an Avatar meet and greet would ever work just that an inaccurate character height compared to the movie has never stopped them before.

rioriz

No, however @marni1971 or @MansionButler84 May confirm but i was told there were early plans that considered a Triceratops Encounter like attraction considered...

If there is ever an expansion i think something like thay could make id's way back

MonorailRed

Applebees
While I doubt we'll ever see a Na'vi meet and greet, I hope they add some "streetmosphere" scientists from the Pandora Conservation Initiative doing fieldwork for guests to meet and interact with.

As far as I know, the PCI cast have been going around the land for guest immersion studying the areas and teaching guests about the flora and fauna of Pandora, and starting the drum circle ever so often...I know they have for previews.

I could possibly see that being put on hold at the beginning (Opening-July-ish) until crowds die down. (I hope that's not the case though!)

doctornick

While I doubt we'll ever see a Na'vi meet and greet, I hope they add some "streetmosphere" scientists from the Pandora Conservation Initiative doing fieldwork for guests to meet and interact with.

I know there is going to be some "Wilderness Explorers" stations in Pandora, so I wonder if it will be established as some Pandora Conservation Initiative field locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom