The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Tomorrow is garbage day. We will see how everyone faired. I think it was the one early Friday morning that split and hit lower WI an central IL Had we had that prior to what we had all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday we would have been goners. Let alone the one that rose up Eastern IL and Indiana, that overall saved us. Our river is still out of its banks but has also gone down. Grass is long and squishy along with ponds still sitting in the middle of the grass.

Think the only ones that are happy is the birds, fowl and the trees and we had a big ole tree fall on the riverwalk that was sitting in a 'new' lake. Came up by the roots, had to be a 100 year old tree.
And just when things were drying out, we got walloped by rain, again. Another 1.25 in a short amount of time. I was downstairs with DD watching a movie (Fantastical Beasts), when I decided to go to the bathroom. Now, I had seen the flashes of lightening, felt the house rumble. Heck, the dog was even scared. But it was a total surprise when there was water at the bottom of the stairs, again. Ugh. I still hadn't figured out the amount of rain that just came pouring down. I figured wow, the ground must have still been wetter than I thought. Then my daughter saw the flashing lights. Village public works coming by to observe the street is flooded out, again. Ugh. At least the ducks got their make shift pond back. How did you fair last night @Gabe1 ?

Cesar R M

Well to be fair, at 97, she must have done something right to get to that age. If she wants the door half open, maybe there's something to it!! Frustrating for you, though.
I dont think you understand, I'm not talking about "half open". I mean in a frustrating way that she will scream if a door is 1 cm too much to the left, or 1 cm too much to the right.
She's just nitpicking everything. I suppose because she cant do the shores herself and she likes to order everyone (including her children).

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks...she really is very empathetic. She loves her friend, but knows her limits, too.We'll have her over a different day or maybe they can go swimming or something that doesn't involve the girl having to concentrate or be still. At least this year will be low maintenance. No craft stuff to gather...just junk food for whatever they decide to watch on Netflix. Hubby and I can park them on the couch with the snacks and we can go upstairs and let them have fun. That's the nice thing about them getting older....we don't have to watch them every minute.
not every minute until you do again:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I dont think you understand, I'm not talking about "half open". I mean in a frustrating way that she will scream if a door is 1 cm too much to the left, or 1 cm too much to the right.
She's just nitpicking everything. I suppose because she cant do the shores herself and she likes to order everyone (including her children).
Let her enjoy yelling while she can. Hugs to all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom