New Lounge Coming to Disneyland

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Honey, its floor length with a 29 foot train.

received_10211904382422455.jpeg

TP2000

Gawd, this is just so bad. And cheap. And embarrassing for them.

But what angers me about this is that there are families out there who will pay this charge thinking they are going to get some great view of the fireworks and some special experience. And instead they get a seat on a small vinyl couch with a sideways and marginally crummy view of the fireworks missing out on most of the special effects and much of the plot, plus a $5 plastic snack tray and a can of Sprite. And after shelling out $180 for a family of four and then seeing the fireworks from the side, Dad is going to feel taken and silly.

And Disneyland never used to make Dad feel taken and silly. Disneyland really genuinely tried to give you a feeling like it was money well spent. The Skyline Lounge is the opposite of that.

Curious Constance

But what angers me about this is that there are families out there who will pay this charge thinking they are going to get some great view of the fireworks and some special experience. And instead they get a seat on a small vinyl couch with a sideways and marginally crummy view of the fireworks missing out on most of the special effects and much of the plot, plus a $5 plastic snack tray and a can of Sprite. And after shelling out $180 for a family of four and then seeing the fireworks from the side, Dad is going to feel taken and silly.

And Disneyland never used to make Dad feel taken and silly. Disneyland really genuinely tried to give you a feeling like it was money well spent. The Skyline Lounge is the opposite of that.
You won't like Dad when he feels taken and silly.

GiveMeTheMusic

TDA is getting in on TDO's lucrative strategy of separating rubes from their money.

It will backfire on them. It may take awhile, but it will backfire if they keep it up.

Curious Constance

I want to see pictures of the first time it rains during this lounge event. I want to see the family's reactions as they hear the cancellation announcement for the fireworks. And of them getting drenched as the rain soaks them since they're outside and exposed to the elements. I want to see little Timmy raise a cookie up to take a bite but just as it reaches his mouth, it breaks off and falls to the floor. You see, it became soggy from all the rain!

And last but not least, I want a close up of Dad when the moment hits. The moment he realizes he's just been taken and he feels absolutely ridiculous.

TP2000

I thought that would pair nicely with the Diet Coke and five grapes we'll be receiving.

There are actually nine (9) grapes in that photo. There are five crackers, with enough dip for three of them.

As a point of reference, here is the spread they used to offer for the Fantasmic! Dessert Buffet on the Disney Gallery balcony about 15 years ago, when it was a $39.00 charge, with several waitresses serving you and refilling your hot cocoa throughout the show, all served on china with glassware and silverware and linen napkins.
Dessert%20Buffet.jpg

Then in 2007 it was downgraded to this plastic tray of cookies and chocolates, fruit, and cheese/crackers on a folding chair down by the riverside. They still had a couple of waitresses serving hot cocoa and coffee. Charge: $43.00
fantbox1.jpg

And now it's a sideways view of the fireworks with most special effects blocked from view, plus this tray of nine grapes, five crackers with spread for three of them, and a couple of cookies. Plus the girl working the drinks stand across the way will give you a can of Sprite.
Charge: $45.00
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Skylinefood.jpg

You couldn't make this up if you tried. It's just cheap and tacky. And kind of mean.

Last edited:

BubbaQuest

There are actually nine (9) grapes in that photo. There are five crackers, with enough dip for three of them.

You obviously don't understand. The dip isn't for the crackers. They are "Moon Rocks". Cheese shaped like moon rocks because you are in space. Nobody uses cheese on crackers in space. Jeez. All these people hating before they can even see in person how bad it really is!

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to the Avatar thread to explain why high end travel agents wear cheap nurses scrubs as uniforms in space.

Rich T

I am so tired of seeing DL mishandled by clueless overpaid bozos. They're making major decisions for one of the most beloved and famous spots on the entire freaking planet, and to them it's just a notch on the resume.

Stevek

Somebody should post these kind of comments on their blog. They would never allow it to be posted though.
But you can very easily tweet the pics to them to show, as Kevin Yee put it, declining by degrees.

...which I just did

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom