News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Couldn't help but watch video of the new land you described would bet nothing but rocks on sticks and overpriced too..
Please do quote me where I said it would be nothing but rocks on sticks.

Any try a spellchecker.

If you like I can recall what I did say as opposed to you making it up in a desperate attempt for attention:

The land will look fantastic.
The C ticket has a conventional ride system and is short
Both attractions will have lengthy, detailed queues
FoP has a ride vehicle that doesn't look like the publicity one
Its a shame the headline attraction was cancelled
The project cost way more than it should have
I didn't draw one comparison to another theme park operator in a vain attempt to belittle them

And I don't think I'm wrong on any of those points.

Last edited:

jt04

Please do quote me where I said it would be nothing but rocks on sticks.

Any try a spellchecker.

If you like I can recall what I did say as opposed to you making it up in a desperate attempt for attention:

The land will look fantastic.
The C ticket has a conventional ride system and is short
Both attractions will have lengthy, detailed queues
FoP has a ride vehicle that doesn't look like the publicity one
Its a shame the headline attraction was cancelled
The project cost way more than it should have
I didn't draw one comparison to another theme park operator in a vain attempt to belittle them

And I don't think I'm wrong on any of those points.

Pretty sure many here only belittle Disney's efforts and rarely, if ever, criticize the competition. Got to see the entire ride through before it was pulled but it was longer than I was led to believe. Also, the overall lands theming is far beyond what I expected. I really didn't mean to get you so fired up. But your "rocks on sticks" comment stuck with me. And the cost of the land will soon be an irrelevant issue IMO. Carsland lived down those criticisms. As will Pandora. IMO.

PS- As will the new gondola system. IMO.

NormC

My hubby is not. He gets vertigo and will not go on any kind of gondola transportation. I am sure there are plenty of people like this that do not go on ferris wheels or skyways, etc.
I have BPV (vertigo) and gondolas don't bother me because they don't spin. Spinning in place like teacups is the worst for me. I can do pretty much everything else except Orange.

jaklgreen

I have BPV (vertigo) and gondolas don't bother me because they don't spin. Spinning in place like teacups is the worst for me. I can do pretty much everything else except Orange.

My hubby has issues with escalators, seriously. He won't stay at Wilderness lodge because of the way the lobby is set up. Weird, I know.

NormC

My hubby has issues with escalators, seriously. He won't stay at Wilderness lodge because of the way the lobby is set up. Weird, I know.
Poor guy. That sucks. When mine is at its worst I cannot lay on my back in bed as I will get nauseous. The room starts spinning. I have to lay on my side.

jaklgreen

Yeah, my dad always wants my husband to help him out and go on the roof for something. Not gonna happen. Unfortunately, my brother is the exact same way so my dad is on his own. LOL

Flalex72

If you wanted to travel east - west, say from Disney Springs to DAK with stops in between and also with monorail and gondola interchanges, what system would you use?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Light Rail Transit along the median, where the new bus lanes are. Interchange with the Gondola at the Boardwalk turn station.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't believe any of the future proposal travels along existing roads.

With a few strategically placed dams, you could flood the surrounds and...

upload_2017-5-1_13-27-56.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom