Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Finally caught up!
Your itinerary is to be envied. You fit so many fabulous things in!
Having fun just reading along!

Aw thank you! It seems like we did take is slower this trip, but probably not haha

I just locked in reservations at V+A's Friday October 27th for my daughter and me. Let me know of any pointers you can give. Thinking about the wine pairings with the dinner. Should we do it?

Oh you will love it! The only pointer I can give you is to go with as empty of a stomach as possible. And avoid the bread (besides a taste)! I would definitely do the wine pairings! I would have done it if I wasn't so tired, and I also ordered this extra beef instead which cost a ton of money! Other tables got served quicker than us so I think that will help you :) I had way too much time to digest which is why I got so full.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
For entrees Jake, Adnaan and I ordered the Australian Kobe Style Beef Tenderloin with Bordelaise Sauce. We also elected to pay the whopping price of $110 to try Miyazaki Japanese Beef. This beef is apparently super rare in the U.S. so thats why it costs so much. I was wishing I wasn't so full since the beef was so expensive. Sorry this picture is so blurry I must have been getting really tired
DSC_1022_1.jpg

The Japanese beef is to the right. That was incredible. Words can not describe how tender and delightful it was! I think we ended up calling it meat butter. :p I was able to eat all of that :) It was definitely worth the money (for a once and a lifetime thing). The rest of the meat was good too :) Elizabeth had the Lamb Loin with Cassis, Rutabaga, and House Made Ricotta. I have a picture thats incredibly blurry because Jake took it, but I will include it for completion sake.
DSC_1023_1.jpg

Our wait staff was incredible. They even brought Elizabeth some Advil at some point for a headache she had. Anyway they kept boxing everything up for me and saying things about Chef says this or that and I was worried he was about to come out and yell at me for not eating everything :)
Adnaan ended up ordering coffee and it came in this really cool thing!
DSC_1026_1.jpg

Next up was the cheese plate. I actually ate every bite of this (second wind) and the waitress praised me for finally eating something :):joyfull: I think Adnaan got the Honey Ice Cream with Warm Whiskey Butterscotch but I stopped taking pictures of everyone else foods at this point.
DSC_1027_1.jpg

Next up was dessert. I got Caramelized Banana Gateau. Im not even a big banana person but they said it was very popular and I could see why...it was delicious
DSC_1029_1.jpg

Adnaan got the Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse with Orange Scented Milk Chocolate Gelato. He said it was great. He was born in Tanzania which is why he chose it :) Jake got the same thing as me and I think all Elizabeth could eat was some sort of sorbet.
Last up (how was there more?!) was the coffee, tea, chocolate course. I got a cherry cordial (which they call a whiskey bomb, and rightfully so) and a truffle. This is all hand made by their pastry chef
DSC_1031_1.jpg

I mentioned that my sister Jill also likes cherry cordials and they gave me one to take home to her :) Super good chocolate!
At the end of the meal we got roses :) (well the girls did)
DSC_1033_1.jpg

We were literally the last people to leave the restaurant so we got our picture taken!
DSC_1035_1.jpg

We ended up leaving around 11 and thanks to a monorail delay it took me about 30 minutes to get back to the Polynesian. Overall we were there for over 4 hours :jawdrop:. But again, slower than everyone else. I would highly recommend V and A's. It was a once in a lifetime (or blue moon...don't want to entirely rule out another visit) visit! I am not a fancy food person by any means, but it was fun to try new foods. Plus, it was nice to just sit and relax with my friends and decompress from our boards. I just wish I wasn't so tired! Also, the atmosphere was great! They had a harpist the entire time and even though we were in the main dining room it was still really intimate. Don't let the price scare you, you actually do get a ton of food for the money.

Next up: Day 5

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5
We got up around 7 am (not sure how) and got ready and had breakfast in the room. It was super cold out which is why we had breakfast in our room, no room at Capt. Cooks.
My Mom got me a present for my new job while they were at DS the night before so she gave it to me in the morning :)
DSC_1041_1.jpg

So cute! Its a paperweight :)
Our final destination was AK and the bus was there so we had our first run of the trip :p
DSC_1048_1.jpg
DSC_1049_1.jpg

We actually made it in time to see the opening/bird show. While we waited we took some pictures. Jills face can tell you how cold it was. Some people were in shorts :eek:. I mean we are from Buffalo and we were in pants and jackets!
DSC_1052_1.jpg
DSC_1053_1.jpg

When the park finally opened we headed to Everest but was down so took time time exploring the Kali River Rapids area because I had actually never really looked over there.
DSC_1056_1.jpg

We watched these moneys forever. They were so active!!
DSC_1061_1.jpg

DSC_1062_1.jpg
DSC_1067_1.jpg

DSC_1072_1.jpg

Next up: probably more monkeys

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
More and more monkey pictures...can not emphasize enough how active they were!! Literally tons of people were watching them :)
DSC_1127_1.jpg

DSC_1130_1.jpg

DSC_1132_1.jpg

DSC_1141_1.jpg

After finally tearing ourselves away from the monkeys we stopped for a photopass picture
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7977073843.jpeg

Our photopass CM was great and he was so excited about how active the moneys were, and about the baby elephant Stella :)
Apparently we had a lot of time because we also did the Africa trek before the safari :)
DSC_1149_1.jpg
DSC_1153_1.jpg

DSC_1155_1.jpg

DSC_1157_1.jpg

DSC_1159_1.jpg

Next up: more and more animals :)

prfctlyximprct

Ahhh finally all caught up!!!

You all look so cold in your animal kingdom pictures, it seems so strange to me! That park is always 10 degrees warmer than anywhere else in disney world! Lol

What an experience V&A was! I am so proud of you for trying all of those menu items! I need to really expand my horizons and try more food! Everyone always says duck is so good! I loved all the pictures, seemed like such a wonderful experience! I'm sold on just the bread!!

Megg had me cracking up and Joe is asking me what the heck I am looking at. LOL! I never knew they gave you a prize for finishing the egg hunt! How cool is that! Megg reminds me of this school project my brother had to do with the paper man called Flat Stanley and he sent him to my uncle in Florida and he was photographed with flamingos and at the beach, etc. I really loved your Megg photo shoot!

Enjoying this all so much. And Coke is better than Pepsi!! ;)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ahhh finally all caught up!!!

You all look so cold in your animal kingdom pictures, it seems so strange to me! That park is always 10 degrees warmer than anywhere else in disney world! Lol

What an experience V&A was! I am so proud of you for trying all of those menu items! I need to really expand my horizons and try more food! Everyone always says duck is so good! I loved all the pictures, seemed like such a wonderful experience! I'm sold on just the bread!!

Megg had me cracking up and Joe is asking me what the heck I am looking at. LOL! I never knew they gave you a prize for finishing the egg hunt! How cool is that! Megg reminds me of this school project my brother had to do with the paper man called Flat Stanley and he sent him to my uncle in Florida and he was photographed with flamingos and at the beach, etc. I really loved your Megg photo shoot!

Enjoying this all so much. And Coke is better than Pepsi!! ;)

It was freezing! It did slightly warm up that day but not until like 6 pm and even then we will still comfortable in pants! Duck is fine, honestly not my favorite! However, at V and A everything was sooooo good because of all the different flavors and everything. Joe probably thinks we are nuts haha! I had to of Flat Stanley too :) We took him to Disney I think once ! Pepsi is better, except for Disney and McDonalds coke. Those two places for sure still have crack in their Coke its so good :p:confused:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
After our safari we headed over towards Dinosaur
DSC_1261_1.jpg

DSC_1262_1.jpg
DSC_1263_1.jpg

DSC_1265_1.jpg

They changed some things in the ride during the refurb but I won't give them away
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7977189850_1.jpg

After our ride we were starving and Everest was still down so we decided to grab some lunch. We have this thing where we give ourselves checks for trying new stuff, so we earned a check by going to Restaurant-osaurus
DSC_1276_1.jpg

I really loved it inside! Super cute, well themed!
Jill and I both got bacon cheeseburgers
DSC_1277_1.jpg

These were so yum! I loved the toppings bar. I'm obsessed with avocado and guacamole so I was happy to have that option for my burger.
My Mom had chicken nuggets of course
DSC_1278_1.jpg

After lunch we headed over towards Everest since it was finally back open!
First we stopped for photopass pictures. This picture with snow could not be more accurate. Really felt like it could snow :p.
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7977238949.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7977238951.jpeg

Next up: Everest

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
I forgot to include this light picture from Restaurant-osaurus - how could I forget?!
DSC_1280_1.jpg

This picture is weird, but kind of cute!
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7977238953.jpeg

Anyway, it was finally time for Everest!
DSC_1283_1.jpg
DSC_1286_1.jpg

DSC_1287_1.jpg

DSC_1291_1.jpg

The line was crazy since it was down all day! I had to sit with a random kiddo who was trying so hard not to scream the whole time :p
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7977263764.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7977261367.jpeg

Teenage boys :confused:. Its like 30 degrees. Put your shirt back on :p
After our ride we decided to head home.
When we got back to the hotel my Mom and Jill grabbed a vanilla Dole Whip :)
DSC_1295_1.jpg

I actually ate the rest of my V and A dessert :)

Next up: we drink a big drink

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Our room wasn't ready and since it was way too cold to go to the pool we decided to hit up the next drink on our Must Try Drinks.
For this we headed over to the Contemporary
DSC_1297_1.jpg

Our final destination was The Wave. I had actually never been in there before. The dining room was closed but the bar and lounge were still open. It was pretty dead in there!
Our drink of choice was the Seven Seas Lagoon. Drink 5/6 done!
DSC_1299_1.jpg

This thing was massive. 24 ounces to be exact. Complete with tons of candy inside. We asked the bartender if he hated making this drink and he said no!
DSC_1301_1.jpg
DSC_1302_1.jpg
DSC_1303_1.jpg
DSC_1308_1.jpg

It was good, just very sweet and hard to drink! I think in the end we drank like 1/3 of it :) The bartender insisted we take a to go cup of our drinks (did not know you could take alcohol to go) but we politely declined :)
When leaving the Contemporary we waited forever. Both the express monorail and the ferry were closed for some reason so it was a nightmare. Luckily we were able to squeeze on the second one, all in different monorail cars.
Back at the hotel our room was done :)
DSC_1312_1.jpg

We relaxed for a few minutes then headed back to DS for our evening plans. This time the bus only took 25 minutes. :p The new bus lanes do make a huge difference!
Our final destination was The Boathouse :) With all the new buildings its a little confusing to get there but we finally made it!
DSC_1317_1.jpg
DSC_1318_1.jpg

For my Moms Christmas gift we told her we would take her on one of the Amphicars since it was on her Disney bucket list. So we chose this day to fulfill her gift. Luckily it was actually a bit warmer at this point in the day. My Mom and sister did not know that they could have saved the receipt from their dinner for a discount. Oh well!
DSC_1319_1.jpg

My contacts were not cooperating at all this day. Hence my glasses :)

Next up: car/boat ride

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Our captains name was Dave and he was great. You could tell he just loved his job!
DSC_1322_1.jpg

In the water he gave us a good history of all the boats they have at the boathouse with some fun Disney trivia and facts along the way. We were trying to pretend like we didn't know any of the things he was saying so that he would not feel bad that we knew all of it ;). It wasn't like hard Disney trivia haha
DSC_1324_1.jpg
DSC_1327_1.jpg
DSC_1328_1.jpg

Anyway, in the end it was super cool! Was it worth the money, probably not :joyfull: But, it was definitely something cool to try once!
After our ride we wandered around a bit before our dinner time.
I tried to be a model but it wasn't working out too well with all the layers of clothes I had on
DSC_1339_1.jpg
DSC_1340_1.jpg

Finally it was time to check in at our dinner spot. Here are some lights to give you a hint
DSC_1341_1.jpg
DSC_1343_1.jpg

DSC_1347_1.jpg

Good for you if you got this right! Its Chef Art Smith's Homecoming :)
DSC_1345_1.jpg

Next up: food

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We had the weirdest waiter. His name was Anthony and he must have said "nice to meet you" at least 10 times. Like every time he came to our table :oops:. Anyway, the restaurant was super cool and he said Art Smith himself is there a lot. He also gave us a good history of Art Smith himself which was good to hear.
Jill started off with some wine. I was still exhausted from my boards so did not get a beverage. They have a great cocktail list, though, so I can not wait to go back.
DSC_1348_1.jpg

Our eyes were WAY bigger than our stomachs as usual. My Mom and I intended on splitting a meal and instead got our own meals AND an extra side :D.
We both ordered the fried chicken with potatoes as a side
DSC_1349_1.jpg

We also ordered an extra side of Mac and Cheese to share amongst us
DSC_1350_1.jpg

Jill ordered the Fried Chicken Sandwich
DSC_1351_1.jpg

We all really enjoyed our meals!!! It was all excellent! The chicken was really tender, with just a little bit of spice. The mac and cheese was great also! The potatoes were potatoes...haha. The biscuits were really great (can you tell I'm hungry...haha). I heard so many great reviews of this place so I was hoping it did not disappoint, and it didn't! We for sure should have shared though, could not eat it all :)
My Mom ordered chocolate cake
DSC_1354_1.jpg

Jill ordered pecan pie
DSC_1355_1.jpg

I tried the cake, it was good - just too much for me. Jill said the pecan pie was great.
After our dinner we had some time to kill before our evening entertainment so we walked around (in any shop that had heat, because it was cold again :().
My Dad always wants these motorcycles
DSC_1357_1.jpg

We walked into that Uniqlo store to look around. Since its supposed to be fast fashion we hoped they would have some pants for Jill because she didn't have any and it was supposed to be cold again tomorrow :joyfull:.
What are room shoes?
DSC_1361_1.jpg

We were less than enthused with their selection. Everything seemed just a little too cheesy so we left with the plan of Jill borrowing my leggings for the next day. They do have a cool chandelier though
DSC_1362_1.jpg

Next up: show time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom