End of May?

DisneyPrincess5

My DH along with some of our family are planning to visit WDW next in late May 2018.
We been the first week of May twice before and just loved it. It's our favorite time to visit. Unfortunately our schedules don't allow for earlier than Late May.
How does the end of May look? Crowds? Weather?
We will likely be going 5/20-5/27 which positions us to fly back home the day before Memorial Day.

bigorangeandy

We use to go when our kids were in school this time of the year. They would get out of school and then off we would go. As you get toward Memorial Day weekend the crowds build, but are manageable. The temps are warm and showers can arrive in the afternoon, but we didn't have them everyday like later in the summer.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Hey there - we tried this week on for size a couple o' times Not too shabby. It ain't quite the beginning of May (good lord do I miss going then) but you won't be disappointed. Let me tell you something, you're doing the right thing getting the he!! outta dodge before Memorial day. We overlapped that on one of our two trips and it was a hot mess. Have fun!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Thank you @bigorangeandy and my old (Err I mean young of course) friend Enzo @ShookieJones !! Sounds like the end of May excluding the holiday is a sure bet. We're really excited for it. When we've been at the beginning of the month, we experienced a ton of school groups and band trips. Is the end of the month similar?

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Thank you @bigorangeandy and my old (Err I mean young of course) friend Enzo @ShookieJones !! Sounds like the end of May excluding the holiday is a sure bet. We're really excited for it. When we've been at the beginning of the month, we experienced a ton of school groups and band trips. Is the end of the month similar?
That's a great question Liz. You know, now that I am thinking about it, I don't remember seeing as many groups as we did in early May.

Upvote 0

MySmallWorldof4

We usually go the first week of May and where it used to be a quiet time of year it has been busy the last couple. This year we are going May 19-27 because I have one kid in competitive cheer and the last comp is the weekend before. My husband was really annoyed that we had to move the dates of our trip because of the cheer so I am really hoping that week won't be too bad or I won't hear the end of it.:(

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
We usually go the first week of May and where it used to be a quiet time of year it has been busy the last couple. This year we are going May 19-27 because I have one kid in competitive cheer and the last comp is the weekend before. My husband was really annoyed that we had to move the dates of our trip because of the cheer so I am really hoping that week won't be too bad or I won't hear the end of it.:(
Ooo hmm it's been a LONG time since we have encountered cheer groups. I'm guessing end of May may be a normal time for them. Thanks for the heads up.

There are crowds at that time, but they're not too bad.
Great! I've visited during the highest crowds at all different times of the year over time so I doubt these crowds will be intimidating.

Upvote 0

TARDIS

We usually go at the end of May and it's perfect. The crowds are maneagble and the weather is usually nice, not too hot and right before the rainy season so bad long storms aren't usually a problem.

Upvote 0

Mna

I can tell you in a few weeks, lol. We're going down and leaving after I get off work the 18th, driving. So we should get there sometime the 19th, leaving the 28th. We are doing all of our Park days before that weekend though: the 20 at US/IOA, 21st at Discovery Cove, 22 at Epcot, and 25 at MK. Gives us lots of time to rest, relax, and take in Disney Springs.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Memorial Day weekend is always busier than other times of May - more like peak summer crowds. I find the week before and the week after (1st of June) is less busy than Memorial Day weekend.

I can tell you in a few weeks, lol. We're going down and leaving after I get off work the 18th, driving. So we should get there sometime the 19th, leaving the 28th. We are doing all of our Park days before that weekend though: the 20 at US/IOA, 21st at Discovery Cove, 22 at Epcot, and 25 at MK. Gives us lots of time to rest, relax, and take in Disney Springs.
This year Memorial day weekend is slated to be busier than usual thanks to Pandora opening. Just to keep that in mind, but you should be leaving right at the time when they expect it to boom.

Upvote 0

Mna

Memorial Day weekend is always busier than other times of May - more like peak summer crowds. I find the week before and the week after (1st of June) is less busy than Memorial Day weekend.

This year Memorial day weekend is slated to be busier than usual thanks to Pandora opening. Just to keep that in mind, but you should be leaving right at the time when they expect it to boom.
Oh, I know. Thankfully (and sadly, too!), AK wasn't on the docket this trip because we expected super high crowds when Pandora was announced to open that weekend.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom