Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
Previously titled: Flight of Passage or Expedition Everest?

It seems that Flight of Passage will become the new best attraction at AK, but I haven't gone on it yet so i would like to hear the opinions on others about this topic.

EDIT: Included all major rides in poll, as opposed to just Flight of Passage and Expedition Everest. Not counting DinoRama rides as I doubt they are anyone's favorite. Also not counting animal exhibits and show since it's not fair to compare them to the new rides in Pandora.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

It seems that Flight of Passage will become the new best attraction at AK, but I haven't gone on it yet so i would like to hear the opinions on others about this topic.
Cool idea for a poll actually. You could actually include all of AK's main attractions and see where it goes from there. Personally, I think Kilimanjaro Safaris will never be overtaken honestly.

No Name

People seem so eager to crown this as the best ride in the park, or best ride since 1994 or best in the USA (what?), etc. But they haven't experienced it in person, or even seen the ride portion on youtube. How can you make such bold claims without having ridden it?

So, all I ask is, please don't vote until you've been on both.

I suspect I'll be voting for Expedition Everest. But I can't vote until I ride Flight of Passage, because who knows, it may change my mind. Have to give it a fair shot.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Unfortunately the poll is set so "Results are only viewable after voting."

So I voted for Expedition Everest even though it's the only one I've been on. You'll have to subtract out my vote from the total yourself. :p

disney4life2008

People seem so eager to crown this as the best ride in the park, or best ride since 1994 or best in the USA (what?), etc. But they haven't experienced it in person, or even seen the ride portion on youtube. How can you make such bold claims without having ridden it?

I suspect I'll be voting for Expedition Everest. But I can't vote until I ride Flight of Passage, because who knows, it may change my mind. Have to give it a fair shot.

Agreed.

Daveeeeed

I think also we should just enjoy the attractions as artistic pieces... not necessarily try to compete. But anyway hypocritically:D I do like this idea.

TBH I hate to judge before riding (or even seeing the video!) But it is hard for your favorite attraction to be Soarin' The Simpsons, Star Tours etc. They are all phenomenal, but there's something about Forbidden Journey & Spider-Man that I don't think will be captured here, or by any simulator. Anyway, I'm still super excited for it. I think it's more about having two rides than one insane one like Radiator Springs Racers.

No Name

I think also we should just enjoy the attractions as artistic pieces... not necessarily try to compete. But anyway hypocritically:D I do like this idea.

TBH I hate to judge before riding (or even seeing the video!) But it is hard for your favorite attraction to be Soarin' The Simpsons, Star Tours etc. They are all phenomenal, but there's something about Forbidden Journey & Spider-Man that I don't think will be captured here, or by any simulator. Anyway, I'm still super excited for it. I think it's more about having two rides than one insane one like Radiator Springs Racers.

I agree that they're not meat to compete. For example, Splash Mountain and Spaceship Earth are two of my favorite rides at WDW, but I could never say that one is better than the other, because they're just so different.

I too don't love simulators. I think they're kind of a cop-out for a real physical experience. But only one simulator in the entire park doesn't bother me, and might be healthy. USO now has 4, which I find concerning. Despite my distaste, I too am very excited to ride Flight of Passage.

Sucks that I won't be at DAK till many moons from now.

csmat99

Who are the 7 people who voted for a ride you couldn't have ridden? seriously? And I hope it's none of the people that complain about universal using screens all the time because guess what this is one of those rides. :confused:

MerlinTheGoat

I won't be voting until I actually try FoP myself, but I can't see my inherent opinion about simulators changing much. I consider simulators as capable of being fun distractions, but not a substitute for a real ride moving through physical space and with tangible setpieces and animatronic figures. I'm not even fully satisfied with "real" rides that rely heavily on video for the main showscenes (such as Toy Story Mania, Kong, Gringotts, etc).

Not that Everest isn't MASSIVELY flawed in of itself though. The busted yeti is a huge buzzkill that really takes the experience down a notch. Or the removed fog effects in the caves, not to mention the visible interior structure clearly visible in of the backwards section (they should have enclosed this tunnel with some nicely lit rockwork and frozen ice crystals at the very least). Still a fun ride regardless, but we'll see what FoP can do. I remain skeptical.

Daveeeeed

Who are the 7 people who voted for a ride you couldn't have ridden? seriously? And I hope it's none of the people that complain about universal using screens all the time because guess what this is one of those rides. :confused:
Well... this is also the only one in the entire theme park. Universal Studios Park has 5... Animal Kingdom before this only had 4 rides -- tell me Universal doesn't go overboard. On the other hand, Disney's problem was they did not have enough rides, but at least the ones that are there are very diverse and not repetitive.

doctornick

I rather love Star Tours and it is close to the top of being one of my favorite attractions ever -- is a significant part of that a love of Star Wars? Sure, it is. But I think that the addition of variability to right ride dramatically improves the concept and puts it a large step above other simulators. I'm actually befuddled as to what this hasn't been used more in other screen based rides given how impressive it is in adding re-rideability and adding a level of intrigue. It seems like a relatively simple thing to do.

Are there other major rides that do that?

No Name

Well... this is also the only one in the entire theme park. Universal Studios Park has 5... Animal Kingdom before this only had 4 rides -- tell me Universal doesn't go overboard. On the other hand, Disney's problem was they did not have enough rides, but at least the ones that are there are very diverse and not repetitive.

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Wildlife Express Train
Primeval Whirl
TriceraTop Spin

That's more than four!

Daveeeeed

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Dinosaur
Kali
Everest
Wildlife Express Train
Primeval Whirl
Triceratops Spin

That's more than four!
I meant like real rides.
If you'll include every ride then it makes Animal Kingdom look even worse compared to Uni.
A spinner and a C-ticket Coaster that should never have been built and don't add to the experience IMO don't really count as with Uni's Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone.

21stamps

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Wildlife Express Train
Primeval Whirl
TriceraTop Spin

That's more than four!
I actually really enjoy primeval whirl. It's different than anything else I've been on.
Out of that group I would vote for expedition Everest as number one and primeval whirl as a close second.
... a tilt-a-whirl is one of my favorite attractions in history. So combining that with a roller coaster- is a win in my book

csmat99

What does this have to do with my post? I said who are the 7 people that voted a ride that was best when it was impossible for them to ride it? Stick with topic and try to understand sarcasm with regards to my universal comment. But don't let the Pixie dust cloud your vision. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom