Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is this the "Astro-turf" you are referring to?

IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0694.JPG

aladdin2007

Yes indeed which WAS very pleasant to be near and enjoy the tinkling sound of running water. A small zen garden if you will.

it was beautiful, they ruined that place for us, its generic now. And I hate saying that because it was always our favorite and so lush, but Disney doesnt allow lush anymore. They dont want you there enjoying, they want you moving spending. And now the tiki room sounds like its next.....unbelievable.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My POINT was that for many multiple pages the conversation has been non related to the thread subject....so coming here to see what anyone has to say about the Tiki Room is rather moot for myself or others wanting to discuss such....as it has been hijacked into a hotel discussion. I would think going to the Resort thread and beginning a "Disney Hotels Under New Management" Rumour thread would be a more appropriate spot to ramble on about other chains being better equipped to run the Disney resorts. Pixie dust addiction or not:angelic:....will flap away to find other things to read here. Love the Tiki Room and hope it stays and at best gets plussed. :)

tl77

It seems like this guy had a pretty important job at the Tropical Serenade, as soon as they got rid of him there started being issues with "the attractions popularity"

...I think maybe because the Tiki Room most unassuming building in the Magic Kingdom, people are just passing it by on the way to and from The Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It seems like this guy had a pretty important job at the Tropical Serenade, as soon as they got rid of him there started being issues with "the attractions popularity"

...I think maybe because the Tiki Room most unassuming building in the Magic Kingdom, people are just passing it by on the way to and from The Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean

Almost like TDO intended the attraction to have attendance issues...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
it was beautiful, they ruined that place for us, its generic now. And I hate saying that because it was always our favorite and so lush, but Disney doesnt allow lush anymore. They dont want you there enjoying, they want you moving spending. And now the tiki room sounds like its next.....unbelievable.

The spirit of Paul Pressler now animates WDW these days, It's why I now call WDW a mall with a (steep) cover charge, Yet I'm less motivated to buy anything because of it's bland sameness. Used to be our family on a 2 week vacation would need the room credit limit raised a couple of times, Last trip the four of us had trouble spending $600 and that was mainly food. Yep the more Disney tries to force spending the less the guest WANTS to spend. Used to be the stores were an Oasis of cold air in the FL heat. Now the stores are hot crowded and stuffy NOT the environment conducive for browsing.

Fable McCloud

So, are the Tiki Room birds flying the coop or not? I really enjoy the show and think they should leave it be, but then I hated the "New Management" shtick. The classic show is super cute and a bit outdated, but the kids like the realistic talking birds, and the adults still enjoy it. I'd be sad to see it go.

Kman101

I don't know if they would put in a restaurant/bar (there's no alcohol in MK), but I do hope Adventureland gets a Moana attraction/show/ character spot.

Themed bars are apparently all the rage now and they now serve some alcohol and wine and beer in some restaurants at the Magic Kingdom

larandtra

Skipper Canteen serves alcohol. I think as long as the alcohol available in MK is limited and must remain in the restaurants and not be carry around as it is in the other parks it would be ok and not diminish the family aspect of MK.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have been thinking the Skippers Canteen really filled a niche and is wonderful, but if they need space for something Moana or another restaurant, isn't there still building space formerly a food thing on the right as you head into Adventureland? With a patio where they sometimes DO meet and greets? :)

Bocabear

I have been thinking the Skippers Canteen really filled a niche and is wonderful, but if they need space for something Moana or another restaurant, isn't there still building space formerly a food thing on the right as you head into Adventureland? With a patio where they sometimes DO meet and greets? :)
That is all Skipper Canteen now.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Thanks Bocabear, since I headed to the left upon entering so I could see the butterfly booth, I had forgotten the other rooms branching off. Is there still patio space that could hold a meet and greet outside of bldg immediately over bridge to right?;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom