The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

OMG! Sorry to hear about your day--that's really bad! I hope today is nice for you though.
It wasnt that bad, mostly boring.. infact I was feeling a bit cheerful for advancing that many issues at once in a single day.
Sometimes doing something as simple as getting a permit can take months in my country (and this is because of administrative corruption/inefficiency/lazyness).

Plus I got to eat on my favourite restaurant.

Now I only have a few things more to fix :

• Car window (I have a place already)
  • A/C (got another place not far from the first).
  • Engine maintenance (I know a place to get it fixed nicely)
  • Car headlights (this shouldnt be that hard)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ours has not yet but many surrounding districts have gone completely to tablets. Example, each student at a local high school is given a tablet Freshman year. Parents can buy insurance which is cheap. All textbooks/workbooks are loaded on the tablets. Also helps with students that are out ill as tablets go home every night. Homework is listed for the day on the tablet and for those sick and quick email. No pulling a stack of stuff and a parent having to pick up. Further no kids accidently forgetting a book at school. Student notes are on tablet too. Basically removes the need for folders, paper, pens etc in volume. Even many tests are given on tablets and the 'submitted.' The parents can easily see what the homework is for the night and long term projects. At the end of the 4 years the students family can buy out the tablet for next to nothing.

My DD is out of college since the end of 2013 but even back then the last 2 years half of books were etextbooks Also with her being very small not having to lug these texts in their backpack was nice and would have been even better in elementary/middle school.

Can you tell I am a fan too?

I can see pros and cons to the above. Since this has started in schools for a number of years now, there is no turning back. We're living more and more in an electronic world, and it's good that students are comfortable with this medium, in every aspect of their daily routines.

On the cons side, if I forgot a book at school--guess whose parents would make me march right back down to the school, and get it? And removing the need for folders, paper, pens, etc., are just more things that we had to be mindful of, and were responsible for, keeping with our school books. And, my siblings and I had book bags and would lug them to and from school (we walked). Nothing wrong with exercise on a daily commute.

In other words, there were other "types" of life lessons taught in the older school systems that might slip through the cracks now. (Cue: "The Karate Kid" -- "wax on, wax off" . . .)

Just some random thoughts . . .

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It seems you have a soul of hardworking who hates just sitting doing nothing.
I wonder if in another life you were a great explorer or inventor!

Ha! Well, I'm not sure about any talent for being an explorer or inventor. But as a kid, I did have a tendency to get bored easily, and figured out that going outside and playing was always a welcome diversion! :p

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wow! I didn't realize he had only been walking for a few days!! How cute is that??!! That photo is such a keeper--an historical moment in time. I'm sure people with kids have plenty of those, but I'm so glad you've shared that photo a few times with us--I love it more every time I see it. :happy: :inlove:

Yep. That was his walking debut and the trip on Day 1 of Vacation the CMs at DTD called the paramedics for him.
So many odd but true memories that trip.

FutureCEO

That's what I'm thinking, if nothing else he'll be able to hem, put a button on and fix split seams. He already cut out fabric to make a pillow case(Star Wars) and he bought some fleece to make a pair of sleep pants(can never have too many)

I wish someone taught how to sew other than what we did during home-ec. It would have been great. My mom does not sew so can't learn from her.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wish someone taught how to sew other than what we did during home-ec. It would have been great. My mom does not sew so can't learn from here.
Sympathy like. With the amount of alterations you need an inexpensive used machine and a lesson or 2 would be worth the investment. See if you have a local sewing machine store because most places take gently used trade ins refurb them and send them to their new home. Youtube is your friend for some sewing basics.

donaldtoo

I went to the Steakhouse 55 lounge at the Disneyland hotel for dinner tonight it was excellent. I got the rib eye,truffle Mac and cheese, and the 24 layer chocolate cake.
View attachment 199668 View attachment 199669 View attachment 199670 View attachment 199671

I had to leave this behind as I was too stuffed. I could have taken it with but I didn't want to carry it around.
View attachment 199672

WOW!!!!!
That looks amazing!!!!! :hungry:
I'll take my ribeye medium rare, please...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom