Party of... one?

jaklgreen

Eat wherever you want. I go solo and have had meals at many different restaurants. I sit at a table or if I walk up and the only thing available is the bar, then I sit there. I never feel weird or uncomfortable sitting and eating by myself. Why should we? Everyone eats, after all. Look at the menus and eat where you want. That is one of the best parts of going solo, not having to deal with other's picky palate.

tractor tipper

I was planning on getting the steak actually... I want to get steak at least once while there lol.
I had planned on going to Le Cellier but I just can't justify spending $54 on one steak.
Ate at Capts. Grill in Jan. Had their steak it was better than the steak place (Yachtsman) around the corner, ate there the year before.

shipley731

May 30th: Crew Cup Lounge. Pretty good menu (clam chowder is very good) and it has a bar you can probably get a seat at easily) It's in the Yacht Club right down the hall from the Grille
May 31st: MK is a bit dicey, not a lot of good "eating" bars in the area. After 8 you could probably do Citricos. It's fancy though. If your looking for a restaurant to go solo at in the area, I'll admit I'm at a bit of a loss on this one

Have a great time!
In the MK area, Narcoosee's at GF also has a bar & you can order their full menu from there. At the Contemporary, I believe you can order from the full menu at the bar at the Wave as well & there's usually always seats. You can also eat in the bar area at California Grill, but timing is sometimes tricky. May 31 being a Wednesday, if you get there a little before official opening or right after, you have a reasonable chance of getting to the bar. Again, you can order the full menu. My husband & I have eaten plenty of times at WDW bars when we didn't have ADR's.

HakunaMatata89

I just returned yesterday from a 6 night solo trip. I made reservations at:
Boatwrights, Tiffins, California grille, Boathouse, The Hollywood Brown Derby

Tiffins was great, I did lunch there and was able to get in about an hour earlier the service was good and the food was yummy

Brown derby I met a friend for lunch and I liked it so much I made a dinner reservation for my last day there. Food was very yummy, service was good its just a little cramped in there and you still wait about 15-30 minutes for a table even with a reservation.

I tried Boatwright because I was staying at Riverside and I never had it, food wasn't that great, service was decent though. Boathouse had a great view and the food was good just wasn't as good as the others.

California grille we had dinner during Wishes so the view of the fireworks, service and food were all amazing.

However California/Tiffins/Brown derby are all pricey so if you are trying to save money these aren't a great option (Disclaimer I had steak or pork chops which granted are usually pricey anyways)

All except brown derby I was able to get in sooner than my reservation.

I didn't make a ton of ADR's just because nothing except dinner at BOG excites me at MK and I didn't spend much time in EPCOT.

MagicMegan

Original Poster
In the MK area, Narcoosee's at GF also has a bar & you can order their full menu from there. At the Contemporary, I believe you can order from the full menu at the bar at the Wave as well & there's usually always seats. You can also eat in the bar area at California Grill, but timing is sometimes tricky. May 31 being a Wednesday, if you get there a little before official opening or right after, you have a reasonable chance of getting to the bar. Again, you can order the full menu. My husband & I have eaten plenty of times at WDW bars when we didn't have ADR's.
Oh I forgot about the Wave... maybe I'll do that on my MK day... the menu looks good so might as well.

surfsupdon

For great food and a non awkward solo meal, I enjoy the bars at Crew's Cup, Flying Fish, Jiko, and Cali Grill.

When I'm on a solo runDisney weekend and need that celebratory meal, they are my go to.

Simba's Mom

I just made reservations for next month for a solo trip. I was thinking about scheduling a few ADRs just to break up the day and not have to eat QS the entire time. I know a lot of places would have room at bars for one, but what are your favorite places or places you think I should look in to doing by myself?

I've done about 10-15 solo trips, lots of TS dining. Some of my favorites have been Rose and Crown (lunch), Coral Reef, Grand Floridian Cafe, Sci-Fi, and believe it or not, Cape May character breakfast-such fun to watch the kids interacting with the characters. I avoid communal tables, I've had a few very unpleasant stablemates, and I'd rather dine alone than wish I was!

jaklgreen

I've done about 10-15 solo trips, lots of TS dining. Some of my favorites have been Rose and Crown (lunch), Coral Reef, Grand Floridian Cafe, Sci-Fi, and believe it or not, Cape May character breakfast-such fun to watch the kids interacting with the characters. I avoid communal tables, I've had a few very unpleasant stablemates, and I'd rather dine alone than wish I was!
Sorry to hear about your table mate issues. Fortunately, I have had better luck. They have been entertaining at least. One trip I was eating at Teppan and was sitting at a table with a family consisting of parents, adult children and their significant others. Well one of the younger couples orders a sushi plate app, the Mom had said she has never had any so they pass the plate over to her to try some stuff out. She tried the pink stuff and really enjoyed it saying it was the best salmon she has ever had. Keeps going on and on about it and I look over and start to laugh to myself. Finally after about 5 minutes of this finally someone says to her that is not salmon, it is pickled ginger. I thought it was funny.

EvilQueen-T

I don't think there's anywhere on property that I wouldn't go alone. If I need something to pass the time I just jump on my phone. About the only place that comes to mind is probably 50s prime time cafe. That's about the only place that wouldn't be as fun alone. I also like taking advantage of the lounges that have small plates when it's just me.

I ate at the bar at Morimoto Asia when I was driving through solo in October. I had the Tuna Sushi Pizza, it was really good. I'll be going back n December and would like to try more of their sushi!

Attachments

• IMG_20161020_213511012.jpg
    IMG_20161020_213511012.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 25

disney4life2008

I don't think there's anywhere on property that I wouldn't go alone. If I need something to pass the time I just jump on my phone. About the only place that comes to mind is probably 50s prime time cafe. That's about the only place that wouldn't be as fun alone. I also like taking advantage of the lounges that have small plates when it's just me.

I have done 50s alone. I requested to be seated away from the "fun" and I told my server I did not want to be included. They put me by a tv set and my mom left me alone. The food was amazing.

danyoung56

Eat wherever you want. I go solo and have had meals at many different restaurants. I sit at a table or if I walk up and the only thing available is the bar, then I sit there. I never feel weird or uncomfortable sitting and eating by myself.

I strongly agree with this. I've been visiting the World at least a couple times a year for about 20 years or so, almost always as a solo park stormer. I've had many fine dinners at many fine restaurants. My favorite restaurant on the planet is the California Grill, but it books up almost instantly 6 months out. But with no rez at all you can go up, sit at the bar, order from the full menu, and have a terrific experience all without reserving 6 months ahead.

Your mileage may vary on group seating, though, like at the Biergarten or Teppan Edo. Many people have good luck with this. But the one time I ate at the Biergarten I was seated at a large table with another family who proceeded to stare at me through most of the meal as if I was going to jump up at any second, grab and ax, and start swinging. It was incredibly uncomfortable, and I've never repeated the experience.

jaklgreen

I strongly agree with this. I've been visiting the World at least a couple times a year for about 20 years or so, almost always as a solo park stormer. I've had many fine dinners at many fine restaurants. My favorite restaurant on the planet is the California Grill, but it books up almost instantly 6 months out. But with no rez at all you can go up, sit at the bar, order from the full menu, and have a terrific experience all without reserving 6 months ahead.

Your mileage may vary on group seating, though, like at the Biergarten or Teppan Edo. Many people have good luck with this. But the one time I ate at the Biergarten I was seated at a large table with another family who proceeded to stare at me through most of the meal as if I was going to jump up at any second, grab and ax, and start swinging. It was incredibly uncomfortable, and I've never repeated the experience.

You poor guy. :( People can be so weird. I love Biergarten and have gone solo there too. I love yelling Hoi Hoi Hoi really really loud the first time they do it when, unless you are a regular, have no idea that you are supposed to yell it. LOL Get lots of shocked stares at that one. But I am at the age that I don't care and it entertains me. LOL

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Last year, I had lunch at the Tune-In Lounge (located inside 50s Prime Time Cafe, in DHS). I sat at a barstool at the bar, and ordered the Mom's Sampler dinner (fried chicken, pot roast, meatloaf, veggies -- real comfort food!), and a glass of wine.

The bartender was friendly and attentive to everyone in his area. There were plenty of families waiting for lunch in the main dining room, and while waiting, they'd spill over into the lounge area. So it was a fun, family-friendly atmosphere, and I felt comfortable there dining solo. The food was very good, too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom