The simplest things.....

Deno

Original Poster
We all book our favourite restaurants and spend $100+ on a great (sometimes not so great) meal in WDW but what are your favourite 'simple pleasures'?

One of mine has to be a smoothie at Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies. It's usually around midday when we hit the Magic Kingdom for the first time and I love grabbing one of those in the sunshine and listening to Tomorrowland Speedway in the distance and just soak in the sights and sounds and think to myself 'aaaahhhhhhh....i'm back'

Love it!

jimbo mack

We like grabbing a Joffrey's & cheeky pastry and sitting by the Epcot lagoon taking in the surrounding sites & people watching - it feels more spacious & less hectic than MK, DHS & AK thus enabling a chance to unwind.

Another simple pleasure it's legs up & time out on People Mover!

mergatroid

Food-wise it's probably eating sweet and sour chicken from the quick service place in China.

I also love people watching in Disney Springs with an ice cold one whilst my wife wastes time shopping.

KraftServices

This probably sounds silly and my family laughs at me, but I love looking at all the different trash cans with the different wrap and themes in the lands and on the rides. Where else besides Disney can you find fun themed trash cans?

I'm obsessed with the trash cans. They're really cool to look at!

Also this is really silly, but I love observing all the birds that live in the parks. The ducks and ibises and stuff that are everywhere, doing their own things. I don't know why, I just love seeing ducks hanging out randomly in the parks. I also like that in zoos.

21stamps

Best non park simple moments that I've had-

1. Being on a watercraft on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon.
2. Playing foosball next to the pool.
3. Sitting by a fireplace at WL.
4. Riding bikes to Ft Wilderness.
5. Swimming while watching the MK Fireworks and EWP.
6. Sitting at Pineapple Lanai drinking dole whip floats.
7. Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace
8. Watching Wishes from our balcony.
9. Having breakfast/coffee on balcony looking at the Castle.
10. Going down the resort pool slide.

Best in park simple moments-

1. Playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
2. Jumping around in Casey Jr's Soak and Splash.
3. Dancing with characters/performers
4. Interacting with Stormtroopers

GVentola

Sometimes, I like just sitting around listening to the area loop music for a certain section of one of the parks until it comes full circle. I did this in the Beverly Sunset area of Disney's Hollywood Studios and enjoyed the big band music of my grandparents' generation. I was at Magic Kingdom for a 24 hour event and rested for a while in Frontierland at night, just listening to the background music. I've also listened to the loops at Epcot's Canada and at Universal at the Simpsons' land.

GVentola

Also this is really silly, but I love observing all the birds that live in the parks. The ducks and ibises and stuff that are everywhere, doing their own things. I don't know why, I just love seeing ducks hanging out randomly in the parks. I also like that in zoos.

I love the birds as well. Down at the walkway by the Rivers of America in Magic Kingdom you can see a lot of great birds. Great Egrets like to perch on top of food and souvenir stands, and the ibis love to gather at the base of Splash Mountain for some reason. I love when I spot ducklings! They used to have a pair of black swans near Mexico at Epcot, and one year, they had cygnets! The black swan parents were so proud of their kids that they paraded them back and forth in front of a group of us humans that had taken time out to watch them.

JIMINYCR

Getting a Dole whip and taking my time enjoying it, thinking how long its been since I had my last one on the last trip.
Sitting on a bench by the hub or standing on the upper level of the train station, watching guests make their way up Main Street.
Closing my eyes and taking in the distinctive music and sounds around the parks.
Riding the monorail around the resort loop, without intending to get off at any particular stop, listening to the various monorail spiels.
Waking up and stepping out of my resort room before the day begins, with the realization that its going to be a day at Disney.

Deno

Original Poster
Sometimes, I like just sitting around listening to the area loop music for a certain section of one of the parks until it comes full circle. I did this in the Beverly Sunset area of Disney's Hollywood Studios and enjoyed the big band music of my grandparents' generation. I was at Magic Kingdom for a 24 hour event and rested for a while in Frontierland at night, just listening to the background music. I've also listened to the loops at Epcot's Canada and at Universal at the Simpsons' land.

I listen to these on the way to work and imagine I'm there ;-)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom