Magic Kingdom Rides at Night

MomofPrincessGrace

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations on which rides in MK have a different experience at night than during the day? I can't remember any rides that we rode after dark on our last trip, and would like to ride a few rides after dinner one night.

Thanks!

Rsj88

TTA is always our first and last ride :) love it at night! JC is much better late at night, the later the better! BTM, Slash, and flying carpets during the fireworks. The Astro Orbiter is also a blast at night. :)

Upvote 0

bub72ck

Another vote for BTM. It's pretty low on the coaster list for me during the day but at the top at night. The ride itself is fairly dark at night so you get a great vibe almost like SM. It was closed last October when we were there so definitely looking forward to some night rides next week.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the feedback. We were going to do BTMRR during fireworks, but the night that I have the FP booked for is the first night of the new fireworks show. Since that will be our last park day, dont want to miss the new show! Really excited about riding BTMRR after dark.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Agree with everyone else about Thunder Mountain. Especially if it's a full moon - and you happen to be at the peak just when Wishes finale goes off! And Splash is another great ride at night. We managed to ride both Thunder and Splash Mountains minutes before evening EMH ended - it was just the two of us and a couple of CMs - and we all rode each a couple of times (since their friends and fellow CMs were operating both rides) - it was a blast.

Upvote 0

aw14

We were fortunate during a recent trip to get on BTMRR at night during Wishes. Timed perfectly, and by total accident but an amazing experience

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

We tend to plan our breaks in the afternoon so we can utilize the extra magic hours in the MK or any other park. While AK wasn't open very late when we were there three years ago, we were riding Everest at dusk and it was a very cool experience!! Also, in the MK, all the rides have a fun atmosphere at night, especially BTMRR and Splash. While the HM is inside, I agree, the line outside is fantastic at night!

Yes, the Swiss FRT is spectacular at night! The castle is gorgeous!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom