The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Thank you :inlove:

No problem! :)

Dang, how I miss the way it used to be.
I was first there (DWifey had already been to WDW a coupla' years before) on our honeymoon in Dec. of '88, and I just remember thinking it was absolutely one of the coolest places I had ever been. The Norway pavilion had opened earlier that year, and we remember really loving Maelstrom, along with everything else about the Park...! :inlove:
Even so, we didn't get back as a family of 5 until July of '01. Youngest kiddo was 6, oldest turned 10 while we were there.
Super premie DS was also a factor in not getting back sooner...life happens.

Anyway, I may be watchin' that video every now and then again in the future... ;)

Songbird76

Heading back outside to enjoy a bit more deck time. Nothing like sitting on my lounger with a good book(or a new to me cook book) and iced tea:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: and i can neither confirm or deny it's nice enough to do so in a bathing suit. Runs and hides under large rock:oops:
Definitely not that nice here. I walked to McDonalds (the ONLY place within walking distance of my brother's house) in snow for lunch because my brother is at work and my brother-in-law is busy with preparations for his fraternity's centennial celebration this weekend, so he was at the frat house. I had no transportation, so I walked. It was just light snow, but it's snowed almost every day since I got here to Laramie.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
How is everyone this morning? I'm on day 3 of a migraine, my work phone has been out all week, and my brand new work computer crashed this morning (thankfully I ran it in safe mode and got it working, and thankfully I wasn't in the middle of anything, but the blue screen is the LAST thing you want to see). So technology has not been my friend lately.

Sorry to hear about the migraine and the computer crash. Hope all is better now.

Cesar R M

How is everyone this morning? I'm on day 3 of a migraine, my work phone has been out all week, and my brand new work computer crashed this morning (thankfully I ran it in safe mode and got it working, and thankfully I wasn't in the middle of anything, but the blue screen is the LAST thing you want to see). So technology has not been my friend lately.
Sympathy like. You had one of these "should have stayed in bed" days. Hopefully will get better on this weekend.

Had an eventful day on my side too.

1. Drove all the way to the other side of the bay.. To the government main branch office to get my permits picked up. I had paid online but you have to wait and then pick up the papers and authorization cards (and stickers).
  2. Then had to drive a looong way to get to the store that sold me the tires. They were packed with people.. decided to go elsewhere to check something else.
  3. Went to get my muffler fixed. Took me a bit to find it, since the place had a lot of repairs centers in the neighborhood.
  4. Fixed my "loose" car exhaust (muffler). Had to replace the entire thing, it was not only loose. Corrosion (salt is not friendly on metals, particularly chrome) had almost destroyed the exhaust silencer block. Took 1 hour and half to get an exhaust that fit.
  5. Used the time to search for a friend who lived nearby, couldn't find him. Decided to eat at my favourite restaurant (which ironically was just 2 easily walkable blocks away from the repaircenter)
  6. Had good foods, bought for mother too.
  7. Good suggested good places to repair the rest (A/C, which I think a rat or squirrel decided to make himself home in the A/c.. the a/c no longer works, and smells like putrid poo when turned on. Plus there was big seeds of fruits right in the engine outer block. And also a place to fix my window (electrical window damaged because some ahole tried to force it open to steal something in my car.
  8. Went back to the tire store, got refilled with Nitrogen, balanced..etc.. went back home.
  9. Was lucky all these places accepted credit card payment, as I have almost nothing in cash. And didnt had time to go to a bank.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sympathy like. You had one of these "should have stayed in bed" days. Hopefully will get better on this weekend.

Had an eventful day on my side too.

1. Had to drive a looong way to get to the store that sold me the tires. They were packed with people.. decided to go elsewhere to check something else.
  2. Went to get my muffler fixed. Took me a bit to find it, since the place had a lot of repairs centers in the neighborhood.
  3. Fixed my "loose" car exhaust (muffler). Had to replace the entire thing, it was not only loose. Corrosion (salt is not friendly on metals, particularly chrome) had almost destroyed the exhaust silencer block. Took 1 hour and half to get an exhaust that fit.
  4. Used the time to search for a friend who lived nearby, couldn't find him. Decided to eat at my favourite restaurant (which ironically was just 2 easily walkable blocks away from the repaircenter)
  5. Had good foods, bought for mother too.
  6. Good suggested good places to repair the rest (A/C, which I think a rat or squirrel decided to make himself home in the A/c.. the a/c no longer works, and smells like putrid poo when turned on. Plus there was big seeds of fruits right in the engine outer block. And also a place to fix my window (electrical window damaged because some ahole tried to force it open to steal something in my car.
  7. Went back to the tire store, got refilled with Nitrogen, balanced..etc.. went back home.
  8. Was lucky all these places accepted credit card payment, as I have almost nothing in cash. And didnt had time to go to a bank.

An adventuresome day. :cool:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My cold is still in full force but I made it through the day at work. When I came home I knew I had the summon the energy to take Kapono for a walk. I got a huge smile on my face when I saw her, as hubby had put one of her new harnesses on her. I think she looks beautiful in it and I think she felt pretty too. She had a little extra prance in her walk today. She has the Minnie leash that matches it on too. And no @MinnieM123 they don't have one in your size! :);) Disney has Mickey ones too but the only sizes her small and medium. I got Kapono a medium.

IMG_4161.JPG

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My cold is still in full force but I made it through the day at work. When I came home I knew I had the summon the energy to take Kapono for a walk. I got a huge smile on my face when I saw her, as hubby had put one of her new harnesses on her. I think she looks beautiful in it and I think she felt pretty too. She had a little extra prance in her walk today. She has the Minnie leash that matches it on too. And no @MinnieM123 they don't have one in your size! :);) Disney has Mickey ones too but the only sizes her small and medium. I got Kapono a medium.

View attachment 201806

Dang she looks so cute!

Question? When she is groomed do they leave her eyelashes long? That photo makes her look like she has pretty Betty Boop eyelashes.

Gabe1

That's what I asked. I have no idea...I'm not a lawyer. That's what I'm paying HER to tell me....only she's not answering my questions. But the way it's written out, it says "My brother", etc....so I don't know if I change the name, do I need to add an address in case someone has the same name as my friend? It's pretty clear with "my brother" and his name because there's only one person with that name who is my brother..but if it's not a relative, how do they distinguish from every other John Smith, you know?

Oddly I have still have my Dads Power of Attorney in my truck. I'm going to look at it tomorrow to see how they identified individuals on it.

Even with Income Taxes they are electronically filed and signed these days. From over the pond not sure.

Cesar R M

An adventuresome day. :cool:
Felt good doing something that I had needed to go.
Since its far to the other side of the bay. I do not like to got that far much.

Also forgot to mention that I also took a few hours to get to the Government office to get my circulation card and permit renewal (for my car). Its amazing how much it takes in my country to solve such simple things.

Gabe1

Have you ever had zucchini pickles? I'm not a fan of pickled anything, but my mom had this recipe for zucchini pickles that everyone but me just LOVED. There was a woman who came to my mom's funeral and instead of offering her condolences, she asked for my mom's zucchini recipe because she knew my husband and I were moving to the Netherlands and she wanted to get it before we left. I thought it was rather rude to do that at her funeral, so I ignored the request...she tracked down my aunt to ask me to send it to her from the Netherlands. They must be some pretty awesome pickles for her to go to that length to get the dang recipe.

Tiptoe through the tulips. Do you still have that recipe?
*ducks and hides* while sheepishly asking. :angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom