POTC monorail wrap?

Vinny

That's a really cool idea!!! I'm not really for masking the beautiful monorails, but the monorail technology needs a new leader in the industry, so it may be very fitting

Last edited:

HMF

That's a really cool idea!!! I'm not really for defacing the beautiful monorails, but the monorail technology needs a new leader in the industry, so it may be very fitting
Fitting indeed! Especially because Disney is apparently pulling out of the business of optimistic futurism just like the rest of the world.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Fitting indeed! Especially because Disney is apparently pulling out of the business of optimistic futurism just like the rest of the world.
Bro I hate to break it to you, but they advertise movies by putting wraps on the monorail. They did it with Monsters U, Zootopia, Alice through the looking glass and a bunch more.

Vinny

I meant the monorail industry needs a new leading manufacturer. I'm not 100%, but it appears that Bombardier (the high end producer of monorails and provider of the last Walt Disney World Fleet) has been literally extorting the Disney Company with extremely inflated costs for the monorail and they have been charging to build new systems for over $200 million a mile. This is compared to Scomi Monorails who have built monorail systems in India, Malaysia, and Brazil for about $30 million a mile. A new company that offers a new monorail system that appears to be even better than Bombardiers is BYD, which stands for Build Your Dreams. Although they are currently being sued by Bombardier for claims of copying designs or something. Hopefully BYD wins the battle with Bombardier and begins to build new monorail systems all over the globe including Walt Disney World. Here are pictures from BYD:
BYD-skyrail.jpg

byd-skyrail.png

Their company is even backed by Warren Buffet.
AND Leonardo DiCaprio is their spokesperson in China!
201612160153595751.jpg

Build Your Dreams (BYD) might be the company that makes the monorail technology relevant again and allows us to redevelop our urban centers with this very superior mass transportation technology for urban settings.

I keep saying all they need to do to perfect the technology is create very visually appealing safety evacuation walk ways between the beams or on the sides of the beams, and also make the columns very visually appealing
6062378.jpg

Look that guy found some better columns! lol, those are actually from our Nation's Capitol Building!

LV082202e.jpg

That's what Bombardier provided to Las Vegas, the railing and walk way looks really cheap even though they charged a very unfair price of over $200 million per mile and the're a visual obstruction because they look like temporary scaffolding

A superior company should add visual architectural value to this construction element by building it with a visually attractive design that would not be a visual obstruction because it is very pleasant to look at
Castleford5.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom