Annual Pass Previews of Pandora - The World of Avatar beginning May 13

sjhym333

How many people on here live in Orlando or the state of Florida and got the email?
I live in Orlando and got my email after the event was sold out. So did my son who is on his own AP account. Several local friends did not get an email at all and a couple of folks who have had the most expensive pass for many years never got an email and didn't hear about it until I told them. Of course it was too late by then.

disney4life2008

I live in Orlando, and got an email about 30 minutes after the ticket opening.

I live in Orlando and got my email after the event was sold out. So did my son who is on his own AP account. Several local friends did not get an email at all and a couple of folks who have had the most expensive pass for many years never got an email and didn't hear about it until I told them. Of course it was too late by then.

Ironically, it seems some people got the email within the last 48 hours but of course all the slots are gone. Alas, I guess many of us know CMs so I am hoping my friend that works at MK will let me be his plus 1.

JCtheparrothead

I live in Orlando and got my email after the event was sold out. So did my son who is on his own AP account. Several local friends did not get an email at all and a couple of folks who have had the most expensive pass for many years never got an email and didn't hear about it until I told them. Of course it was too late by then.[/QUOT

Pretty sure this is a conspiracy.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Does anyone have a magic trick to specifically get to some group at Disney that provides support for Passholders? It seems no matter who I call to deal with not having received the confirmation email for the event, I end up at some part of reservations and they all throw the "it's not my job" at me and I get transferred again. I've talked to over 13 people since Friday and absolutely nobody is able to help.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I never got the email, but I never get them. I also don't get anything in the mail from them, except Magic Bands and things I explicitly request. I've had an AP for so many years I can't remember but did Disney send an AP magnet in any of those years? Nope.

A friend of mine got the email and forwarded it to me right away so I was able to get my slot(s) secured.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have a magic trick to specifically get to some group at Disney that provides support for Passholders? It seems no matter who I call to deal with not having received the confirmation email for the event, I end up at some part of reservations and they all throw the "it's not my job" at me and I get transferred again. I've talked to over 13 people since Friday and absolutely nobody is able to help.
Maybe try face to face at guest relations in the park. Best of luck!

donsullivan

Premium Member
So the saga of silliness on this one continues into bizarre and strange places. Right now they're telling me that there are lots of people with similar issues of not receiving the confirmation emails (should I take comfort from that) and they have no idea how to fix it. They're trying countless options but it may end up with them calling Passholders individually and giving them the confirmation number over the phone if they can't figure it out.

In my most recent phone conversation with them this afternoon the cast member I spoke to shared a snippet of data about Passholder communications that 'might' (if true) explain why so many people are not getting any kind of Passholder communications. What I was told this afternoon is that Disney considers all Passholder related communications to be Marketing communications no matter the content. If at any time over the course of history you ever even once, opted out of receiving marketing from Disney you chose a lifetime ban of communications to that email address. They are claiming it's legally required (which is bunk), but even if you choose to receive them in MDE at a later time, the lifetime ban in the Passholder database cannot be overridden. The only way to change it is to have a new email address applied to your Passholder account (NOT the same as your MDE account). I was told today that communications for the next 6-8 weeks are already queued up so the change we made to mine today would not take effect until late May sometime so it will be a long time.

Whether I agree with the policy described above or not, if they actually are doing this it would explain the long history of these issues. In addition, with this pattern no matter what you do do check your email address or verify that you have 'receive marketing' checked it will not change the past on your Passholder profile.

The saga continues......

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So the saga of silliness on this one continues into bizarre and strange places. Right now they're telling me that there are lots of people with similar issues of not receiving the confirmation emails (should I take comfort from that) and they have no idea how to fix it. They're trying countless options but it may end up with them calling Passholders individually and giving them the confirmation number over the phone if they can't figure it out.

In my most recent phone conversation with them this afternoon the cast member I spoke to shared a snippet of data about Passholder communications that 'might' (if true) explain why so many people are not getting any kind of Passholder communications. What I was told this afternoon is that Disney considers all Passholder related communications to be Marketing communications no matter the content. If at any time over the course of history you ever even once, opted out of receiving marketing from Disney you chose a lifetime ban of communications to that email address. They are claiming it's legally required (which is bunk), but even if you choose to receive them in MDE at a later time, the lifetime ban in the Passholder database cannot be overridden. The only way to change it is to have a new email address applied to your Passholder account (NOT the same as your MDE account). I was told today that communications for the next 6-8 weeks are already queued up so the change we made to mine today would not take effect until late May sometime so it will be a long time.

Whether I agree with the policy described above or not, if they actually are doing this it would explain the long history of these issues. In addition, with this pattern no matter what you do do check your email address or verify that you have 'receive marketing' checked it will not change the past on your Passholder profile.

The saga continues......
That is an interesting take on it, and I'm not surprised that it works this way. One database talking to another. Looks like a coding change is needed to get it all working correctly. There is no reason an opt out has to be permanent. None.

So, I've been a passholder for decades. I get all the passholder emails. I received my March e-news just a few weeks ago. Has all the correct information for my pass with expiration date. I did NOT get one for the preview. But of course, I'll be seeing it later, so it doesn't bother me that I didn't get one.

ElvisMickey

How many people on here live in Orlando or the state of Florida and got the email?

I live in the Orlando area and also did not get the registration email. However, someone was kind enough to post the link for registration on these boards so I was able to register and was successful, with a confirmation email, to attend on May 16 from 12-2.

Kman101

Very interesting about the e-mail system. Thanks for the info and sorry for all of the struggles @donsullivan !

I do get surveys sent to me after a visit though. That's not marketing?

EDIT:
Just scanned through my confirmation e-mail of the event and here's the address and e-mail address on the bottom of the page. I know it's moot now, but maybe in the future try this for these kind of things? There was no phone number

Disney Destinations
Email Compliance
1375 Buena Vista Drive
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
casl.disneydestinations@disneyonline.com

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not that anyone cares, but I still have not gotten the email or confirmation number, nor have I gotten calls returned from Guest Relations who were supposedly handling this and would be 'keeping me updated'. The likelihood that I'll be able to use my reservation is declining with each passing day.

Magic Feather

Not that anyone cares, but I still have not gotten the email or confirmation number, nor have I gotten calls returned from Guest Relations who were supposedly handling this and would be 'keeping me updated'. The likelihood that I'll be able to use my reservation is declining with each passing day.
Do you live in the area? If so, I highly suggest going to a guest services and just say "I registered for the Pandora event, and have reached out to you many times, all to no avail. I have not received the confirmation email for the event, and was wondering if there was anything you can do about it?"
If they just brush you off then say, "Can you at least give me something I can present to get in to the preview if I don't get an email?" If that still doesn't work, just spam the guest services email ;).

donsullivan

Premium Member
Do you live in the area? If so, I highly suggest going to a guest services and just say "I registered for the Pandora event, and have reached out to you many times, all to no avail. I have not received the confirmation email for the event, and was wondering if there was anything you can do about it?"
If they just brush you off then say, "Can you at least give me something I can present to get in to the preview if I don't get an email?" If that still doesn't work, just spam the guest services email ;).

I do live in the area but history has taught me that will likely be yet another waste of time. This is a specialty thing that it seems nobody at Disney is capable of dealing with. I've already spent over 6 hours on the phone over the last 8+ days mostly with countless people telling me the equivalent of 'not my job' and transferring me to somebody else. On one call alone I was bounced around to 9 different people with absolutely no forward progress on the effort. They can't even find someone who could just give me the confirmation number over the phone.

Magic Feather

I do live in the area but history has taught me that will likely be yet another waste of time. This is a specialty thing that it seems nobody at Disney is capable of dealing with. I've already spent over 6 hours on the phone over the last 8+ days mostly with countless people telling me the equivalent of 'not my job' and transferring me to somebody else. On one call alone I was bounced around to 9 different people with absolutely no forward progress on the effort. They can't even find someone who could just give me the confirmation number over the phone.
Very true, although remember, it is much harder for them to blow you off in person than in person.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Very true, although remember, it is much harder for them to blow you off in person than in person.

they've done it before. They hand you the Guest Relations Contact card stating there is 'nothing we can do' and refuse to continue speaking with you. Persistence is a waste of time there.

Another hour on the phone (yes I know I'm reliving the very definition of insanity) and still not an inch of progress since the original problem started over a week ago. Bounced around to 5 different people today before getting to someone who would 'resubmit' my issue and I should have a resolution in 24-72 hours. This is now the 3rd time I've been in that loop with absolutely no call back and no resolution of the problem.

If this communication issue hadn't been going on for 6+ years now I might give it up but at this point I'm tired of getting blown off and need it fixed for the Preview. Even more important to once and for all figure out what's wrong with disney's systems that is blocking all Passholder related communications from coming to my email address.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom