Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

rushtest4echo

Africa, India and much of South East Asia are already well represented over at Animal Kingdom. Not to say I wouldn't appreciate seeing an Africa or Southeast Asian pavilion in WS though.

Goob

If it were up to me, my number one choice for a new pavilion would be Austrailia. They could do so much with it. Maybe a really awesome Great White Shark exhibit?

Last edited:

Princess Leia

@marni1971 This is a little off topic, but I suppose it could tie into cloning attractions-
When Meet the World was on the table to be cloned at Epcot, was it to be a new film or a dub? I've watched some of it on YouTube, and it was all in Japanese.

I'm assuming that Rat would only use the English tracks (though it would kind of be cool to hear and see the French as well).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 This is a little off topic, but I suppose it could tie into cloning attractions-
When Meet the World was on the table to be cloned at Epcot, was it to be a new film or a dub? I've watched some of it on YouTube, and it was all in Japanese.

I'm assuming that Rat would only use the English tracks (though it would kind of be cool to hear and see the French as well).
Have a look at my "Japan at Epcot" video ;)

Daveeeeed

India would be neat. I know quite a few Indians that cannot visit India frequently due to the money, so it would be a nice gesture at World Showcase. India's culture (minus the caste system:p) is very cool. I think it would definitely work in the World Showcase.

Is Brazil the front runner with Spain second? Also good choices. I can see why Greece is not, but the Netherlands would also be amazing. Although I think 1 of the two should definitely not be European for the sake of balance (eventhough Europe has so many good choices which would still be incredible).

SpaceMountain77

After just ten days in release, Beauty and the Beast has grossed more than Ratatouille grossed in its 168 day run. I still find the proposed addition of Ratatouille to the France Pavilion very curious.

Bocabear

After just ten days in release, Beauty and the Beast has grossed more than Ratatouille grossed in its 168 day run. I still find the proposed addition of Ratatouille to the France Pavilion very curious.
BATB is just NOT the right fit for World Showcase... RAT at least takes place in Paris...not a mythical village in a mythical castle... Magic Kingdom already has all the other pieces of a BATB section...silly to put the ride in EPCOT and the restaurant and M&G in the Magic Kingdom...

jaxonp

How many more beauty and the beast attractions would you like to see at WDW? We've already got a show, the most elaborate meet and greet, a secondary character experience with Gaston in Gastonia village, a gift shop, a quick serve, and the most popular restaurant at WDW. Perhaps that's why. It can't all be Star Wars, Frozen and BATB.

SpaceMountain77

BATB is just NOT the right fit for World Showcase... RAT at least takes place in Paris...not a mythical village in a mythical castle... Magic Kingdom already has all the other pieces of a BATB section...silly to put the ride in EPCOT and the restaurant and M&G in the Magic Kingdom...

I am of the perspective that EPCOT should be free of intellectual properties. There are more than enough potential concepts in culture, science, and technology that can help guests to discover the wonders of our world. If behavior predicts behavior, then it is curious that an IP-driven company would select a moderately successful film over one of the fastest films to reach $1,000,000,000.

ToTBellHop

I am of the perspective that EPCOT should be free of intellectual properties. There are more than enough potential concepts in culture, science, and technology that can help guests to discover the wonders of our world. If behavior predicts behavior, then it is curious that an IP-driven company would select a moderately successful film over one of the fastest films to reach $1,000,000,000.
They would love to build a Beauty and the Beast ride in Epcot. But, they want a new ride to open there in Summer 2019. Beauty and the Beast couldn't meet that timeline. So we will get Rat.

All of this talk about what is right or wrong for Epcot didn't enter the actual conversation in the least. Those who make decisions don't really care about the original intent of each park. Decisions on which attractions to add are based upon where and when there is a need and whether there is an appropriate IP available to maintain adequate traffic flow through the gift shop.

At least Rat is a good ride.

aladdin2007

They would love to build a Beauty and the Beast ride in Epcot. But, they want a new ride to open there in Summer 2019. Beauty and the Beast couldn't meet that timeline. So we will get Rat.

All of this talk about what is right or wrong for Epcot didn't enter the actual conversation in the least. Those who make decisions don't really care about the original intent of each park. Decisions on which attractions to add are based upon where and when there is a need and whether there is an appropriate IP available to maintain adequate traffic flow through the gift shop.

At least Rat is a good ride.

pretty sad when that was the foundation these parks were built/designed on. Its all about the buck and how much toddler merch they can push.

aladdin2007

Well, they also care about guest satisfaction numbers. Unfortunately there aren't that many of us who remember classic Epcot and care enough to move guest satisfaction more than a point.

that is true as well, unfortunately I come from Epcot's golden age and its been hard seeing that park turned into a boozefest, diluted, and let go in other ways. change of the times, but for all those who didn't know Epcot then, it was incredible, I think Walt would have been so proud of it even though it wasn't his original plan.

FullSailDan

Except that it's based on a traditional french tale, which would make a lot more sense for cultural sharing (the theme of the world showcase), than a cartoon set in Paris written by Bird who is an American.... Don't get me wrong, I love Ratatouille and Brad Bird. (Actually did a masterclass with him for acting for animators in college.) I just think the world showcase shines best when it incorporates things traditionally from the countries, rather than Americanized appropriation of countries.

ToTBellHop

that is true as well, unfortunately I come from Epcot's golden age and its been hard seeing that park turned into a boozefest, diluted, and let go in other ways. change of the times, but for all those who didn't know Epcot then, it was incredible, I think Walt would have been so proud of it even though it wasn't his original plan.
What saddens me (and I don't want to extend this conversation much further off-topic) is that I don't feel they gave the concept of Epcot enough of a fair shot. I understand that cartoon E-tickets are popular. I love them to--in appropriate locations. But, despite arguments to the contrary, I do think the original concept of Epcot could still work in 2017. Yes, you would have to modify. Universe of Energy is long for today's crowd. But I still believe you can have a park set in reality that is striving to educate and entertain guests. They still do this at DAK. So the idea that this must be abandoned to make Epcot successful is patently false to me. But, here we are anyway. Best we can hope to learn about is wine, flowers, and (only) Disney art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom