working out for Disney

Songbird76

With all that extra effort how did your hip hold out?
Not well...that's why my knee started hurting. My right hip would start hurting, so I would try to relieve the pressure by pedaling harder with my left foot, which put too much pressure on it and it started killing my knee so then I'd have to get off the bike and walk it. I would ride until I literally could not pedal anymore from the pain in my knee, then walk a bit, then get back on and ride for a minute or 2 until it hurt again, then get back off and walk it. It was taking me closer to 40 minutes to get home from work because of all the walking. And you can imagine, I wasn't riding my bike unless I absolutely HAD to. Today, my knee didn't hurt at all, but I think doing the hills was a mistake, because my hip is bad today. So the hills are still out, but at least I can ride!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not well...that's why my knee started hurting. My right hip would start hurting, so I would try to relieve the pressure by pedaling harder with my left foot, which put too much pressure on it and it started killing my knee so then I'd have to get off the bike and walk it. I would ride until I literally could not pedal anymore from the pain in my knee, then walk a bit, then get back on and ride for a minute or 2 until it hurt again, then get back off and walk it. It was taking me closer to 40 minutes to get home from work because of all the walking. And you can imagine, I wasn't riding my bike unless I absolutely HAD to. Today, my knee didn't hurt at all, but I think doing the hills was a mistake, because my hip is bad today. So the hills are still out, but at least I can ride!!
Sympathy like. Hopefully you can rest it for a few days. GWS xoxo

Sans Souci

Howdy. So...I've been working a lot, which is great exercise, but hubby has been driving me when I work evenings so I don't have to ride my bike home at midnight. So if I work during the day, I HAVE to ride my bike because hubby is already gone with the car before I take the kids to school. But the last few months, it's been SOOOO hard. I thought I must be going crazy...suddenly it was taking me 30 minutes to get to work when it used to be only 20. And when I got there, I was so exhausted and out of breath. My tires seemed low on air so I kept trying to pump them up, but couldn't get any air in them, so I assumed that they were fine and it was just how big I am and that I was just in horrible shape which didn't make much sense considering how much walking I've been doing. Then I had to take DD to the dentist last week and she said my back tire seemed almost flat...but I had JUST tried to pump it up the week before. So when we got home, I tried again...still nothing would go in. So then the next day it was DS's turn at the dentist and on the way home, a bus driver stopped to tell me my back tire seemed flat. Now, I've been having to walk my bike up the 2 big hills every time because I could NOT bike up. And even biking on a flat area was exhausting to keep pedaling and I started having problems with my knee and had to keep getting off the bike to walk. So when the bus driver said that my tire was flat, I immediately took my bike to a shop and he pumped both tires up for free. It turns out the valves are broken so that's why I can't get air in with a hand pump....but his pressure hose pump worked. Today I rode my bike and made it up both hills, never had to walk, and I made it to work in 20 minutes without hardly breaking a sweat. I wasn't out of breath and didn't feel like I had just run a marathon. Holy cow, what a difference!! I actually felt GOOD when I got to work...like I do when I've done a workout. Like I can feel that I've used the muscles, but in a GOOD way. It was so nice. So I'm NOT in horrible shape...it could be better, but it could definitely be a whole lot worse!

Good to see you back here!

It sounds like cycling on your flat tire was resistance training! It's like when sprinters train to increase their speed, they run on the track with a training sled behind them. Then when they race, their speed is improved. LOL

Sans Souci

I decided to switch gears today and do some Fitness Blender workouts. I have been avoiding working out with weights while actively losing weight. But I just felt like I really needed to get away from ultra high reps of squats, lunges, push ups, hand stands, etc. I was really dreading my workouts. Anyway, I will try to keep my weights on the light side although I did go 30 lbs total for squats and lunges. :oops: I'll keep an eye on the situation and see if my legs start looking bulky. :cautious: I am going to try to lift what she does, because her figure doesn't look bulky to me. I think she looks great.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning, a J Hillman weight loss yoga(felt like arms and core) PT to start and I'm going to spend quite a bit of time walking today I'm going out with my group and by myself. My group is fun but a bit slow:hilarious: Best of all no cooking, I got a few days ahead yesterday because it rained. I may stick to salads again:joyfull:

Songbird76

That's a great analogy!
Good to see you back here!

It sounds like cycling on your flat tire was resistance training! It's like when sprinters train to increase their speed, they run on the track with a training sled behind them. Then when they race, their speed is improved. LOL
That's a great analogy! And it was the EASIEST bike ride to work I've ever had. I'm sure it was a great calorie burner, having flat tires!!

Songbird76

I rested my hip today and it feels a WHOLE lot better now. It was gorgeous weather and I thought about taking my bike to the Centrum because it's market day, but I decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to stress my hip any more at the moment...that's how I got into this mess in the first place...ignoring my body. So I listened.
But, I did do healthy food tonight...I made spaghetti with Zoodles. Yum!

Sans Souci

Hello-
Checking in with a Fitness Blender upper body with cardio interval workout. There were 2 rounds of burpees, a minute of burpees each round. :cautious: Then I followed up with a standing abs and oblique routine. I really needed a change. I had been doing the same thing since mid-December. If nothing else, the change is good for me mentally.

And if this is bulky...

sign me up. :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-
Checking in with a Fitness Blender upper body with cardio interval workout. There were 2 rounds of burpees, a minute of burpees each round. :cautious: Then I followed up with a standing abs and oblique routine. I really needed a change. I had been doing the same thing since mid-December. If nothing else, the change is good for me mentally.

And if this is bulky...

sign me up. :hilarious:
Looks like a bit of fun except for the burpees

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning again I clicked on PT and today's choice turned out to be a good whole body stretch and what felt like lots of core:joyfull: followed by 3 LS miles. It's a bit nippy but the plan is to head out with one other person. THNX @Songbird76 zoodles for dinner:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was a lower body pilates day in my Fitness Blender program. It was an hour long, but it felt much longer. :hungover: But it's good to mix up workouts and it did burn like nobody's business. Later on, I am going to do another brief workout--it is "extra credit" in the program. Pilates feels like it never burns enough calories for me. :cautious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

Today was a lower body pilates day in my Fitness Blender program. It was an hour long, but it felt much longer. :hungover: But it's good to mix up workouts and it did burn like nobody's business. Later on, I am going to do another brief workout--it is "extra credit" in the program. Pilates feels like it never burns enough calories for me. :cautious:
I loathe pilates! I don't feel like it burns enough anything:hilarious: I'm not a big fan of barre either but at least it feels like I did something when I do it.

Sans Souci

I did my "extra credit" workout. Then I followed it up with a stretching routine. Holy guacamole, my right hip/groin has gotten so tight. I can't do a butterfly stretch anymore. My rt leg can only go down about 45 degrees. I used to be so flexible! :eek:

I am going to foam roll and find stretches for that area. My goodness.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I did my "extra credit" workout. Then I followed it up with a stretching routine. Holy guacamole, my right hip/groin has gotten so tight. I can't do a butterfly stretch anymore. My rt leg can only go down about 45 degrees. I used to be so flexible! :eek:

I am going to foam roll and find stretches for that area. My goodness.
I've never been flexible but yoga is helping that. My James is the human pretzel and I have no clue where that came from. He's not allowed to do yoga with me because he spend the whole time laughing:cautious: until it's balance pose time:D He's got excellent balance but the patience of a gnat when teasing me:brb:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom