Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

clemmo

So with this project seemingly on hold for now are they just going to let this go with something maybe taking Stitch's place in 2021 alongside some new expansion? Also I really hope they do something about the speedway mainly updates to the cars/modernize it.

Matt_Black

So with this project seemingly on hold for now are they just going to let this go with something maybe taking Stitch's place in 2021 alongside some new expansion? Also I really hope they do something about the speedway mainly updates to the cars/modernize it.

For God's sake, YES. Nothing says, "THE FUTURE" like 1960s race cars that belch smoke.

Daveeeeed

Perhaps the seasonal nature of Stitch with no replacement announced is a result of an entire rethinking of the entrance to Tomorrowland. My theory is this may be a replacement of Stitch and Monsters in a larger scope project. Here's hoping it would also include reclamation of the executive parking area as well.
The entrance to Tomorrowland minus the purple building is actually very impressive. The back is what is the problem. Either they need to finish that theme throughout the land, or mesh it with a new theme.

Another problem is how flat Tomorrowland is... It needs ramps, or at the very least: water.
And even with those, the back needs to have buildings desperately. And then also the Speedway area does not feel even Sci-fi related, but at least the vegetation there is superior.

To be completely honest, Tomorrowland is the only land in MK that is in bad shape. Other lands like Fantasyland could use some exterior work, but Tomorrowland needs an absolute overhaul. Bottom line is the land is incomplete.

Last edited:

rushtest4echo

At Magic Kingdom today and I have to laugh that this is seasonal. Wait times are atrocious. Parks are packed. People mover had a line! A line! That anything is seasonal is stupid.

Seasonal is a stupid definition anyway, since we're in PEAK SEASON SPRING BREAK. You know things are crowded when people are clamoring for Stitch to be open. :)

clemmo

At Magic Kingdom today and I have to laugh that this is seasonal. Wait times are atrocious. Parks are packed. People mover had a line! A line! That anything is seasonal is stupid.
95 for buzz lol these people don't know what they got themselves into. It's just an outdated TSMM. Also it's not like the park is lacking attractions it's just the other 2 even Epcot to a certain extent are lacking and mk takes all overflow from those parks. Once the other 3 get fixed then mk can afford to have renovations and new attractions again.

jaxonp

95 for buzz lol these people don't know what they got themselves into. It's just an outdated TSMM. Also it's not like the park is lacking attractions it's just the other 2 even Epcot to a certain extent are lacking and mk takes all overflow from those parks. Once the other 3 get fixed then mk can afford to have renovations and new attractions again.

It's not about overflow it's that twice as many people choose to go to MK over the other 3 parks. Many people only go to the Magic Kingdom because that is "Disney" to them. That is part of the reason your starting to see more IP influence at other parks. You didn't think they didn't put Frozen in Norway to anger the folks of this board.

WDWVolFan

I am sure that they also don't have open that one restaurant between Main Street USA and Tomorrowland, forgot the name of it, because it's seasonal and even though it's at a great spot and is huge, they won't open it. Ever.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I am sure that they also don't have open that one restaurant between Main Street USA and Tomorrowland, forgot the name of it, because it's seasonal and even though it's at a great spot and is huge, they won't open it. Ever.
It's the Tomorrowland Terrace, and it was open all last week and the week before. True though, it is seasonal.

clemmo

Having stitch standing but not operating is really useless on a day like today. Either open it or finally get moving on it's much needed replacement. Don't let it sit idle for another year

clemmo

Can't wait for the mk refurbs to begin. The people mover has been down twice today and still sounds really bad almost like it's off track in one corner. Pirates has been down three times today for more than an hour and it recently had a refurb. I get that this park takes a beating from the crowds but maintenance just seems lacking in certain areas.

Daveeeeed

Can't wait for the mk refurbs to begin. The people mover has been down twice today and still sounds really bad almost like it's off track in one corner. Pirates has been down three times today for more than an hour and it recently had a refurb. I get that this park takes a beating from the crowds but maintenance just seems lacking in certain areas.
Talk about Space Mountain... broke down 4 times in one day last time I was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom