The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
We had a really long, but nice weekend. It was my MIL's birthday yesterday, so we helped out with serving and I made chilli, which Dutch people apparently not familiar with, but love. Today was the Adopt a Lamb day at this nature park. You can pay 2 euros to pet and cuddle the sheep, or you can adopt one for 20 euros and go visit it a few times before they move them to the fields for the summer. So we went and adopted a lamb and DS named it Lars. DS LOVES sheep...it's his favorite animal and he about melts when he sees sheep. So the opportunity to not only see them, but to pet and maybe hold one is amazing for him. So worth the 20 bucks to see how happy he is.View attachment 196258 View attachment 196259
i don't remember:oops::oops: did he get to hug the ones in AK?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I must be the only person who's not a fan of Olive Garden:oops: In my defense I grew up in an area with some amazing mom and pop Italian restaurants and some of my friends had their grandmothers living with them and English was either their second or third language, 4th if you count Latin

Even though Olive Garden is up in my area, I've never been there. We have some authentic, excellent Italian restaurants that are local, and I'd prefer those to a chain restaurant any day. (This is not to say that O.G. isn't good--I just prefer non-chain restaurants whenever possible, as the chefs are probably more in control of their menu. They can make changes as they see fit--whether seasonally, or whatever flavors/enhancements, etc., their current clientele prefers.)

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Yea, I had never heard of it until we moved to No Cal. I think a Big Mac was about $0.55 at the time. The other burger place we used to eat at occasionally in No Cal was A&W. I always loved the burger with mustard and onions, which is always what I order here now at Sonic and Whataburger. There are still a coupla' A&W locations here in Austin, but, none close to us, and they're not drive-ins.

Watching the Match Play tournament on NBC right now. Are you still watching? Watched the first part this morning on the Golf Channel, and DWifey even watched with me. :)
I never realized how fun that course is. But, then again, I haven't played a round of golf in well over a decade. And, last I heard, the
Austin Country Club membership fee was 10K per year, and that was many years ago. :cyclops:
It was kinda' funny (and last year, as well) driving across the bridge on the way to the office every morning in the run up to the tournament beginning about a month before hand...more and more of the temporary structures goin' up and the course lookin' nicer and nicer every day...!!! :hilarious: ;) :)
No, I didn't watch the last round. I was working, but, it was kind of a predicable conclusion anyway. No golfing is worth that much money.

MySmallWorldof4

I was in Target yesterday and saw the DVD of Moana. Never saw the movie before (I don't see many movies), so I picked it up. Although I had heard good reviews of it, I wasn't all that impressed. The story was sorta cute, but nothing special about the animation. The only good point about the film was the music--they did a great job with that.
Really? I liked it. I thought the animation of the water was amazing. How I wouldn't have loved to jump in it. Yes, I agree with you that the music was very good.

MySmallWorldof4

I had the shrimp and bacon sausage with cheesy grits and BBQ sauce...!!! :hungry:

View attachment 196318

Youngest DD and SonIL had the chicken fried chicken sausage with a buttered biscuit, mashed potatoes, gravy, and Dijon.

View attachment 196323

DWifey had a bratwurst dog, oldest DD had a samosa vegetarian sausage, and DS had an elk sausage that I somehow neglected to get a pic of :oops:...and, it was delicious, too, as I had a bite...!!! :hungry: :)

View attachment 196325
View attachment 196326
Samosa vegetarian sausage? Sounds interesting. Did she like it?

MySmallWorldof4

That's what I think too, but I kind of wish they had dubbed her singing quite honestly (I have the soundtrack and have listened to it several times). Just not reasonable to expect her to sound like everyone else with a month of training.
Yeah, I agree. They have dubbed people's singing voices into other movies. Her voice was the weakest of the whole cast. I still think it is strange that they just gave her the role. I am sure there are plenty of female actresses that have the look of Belle and can pull off her attitude. It doesn't matter what we think anyway, they had their reasons. The movie still gets an A+ in my book.

Songbird76

I went back and read more about the car.
It's actually a 1918 Dodge Roadster with a slant six, which is very cool and most unusual...most T-buckets are, of course, Ford Model T's (or fiberglass replica bodies) with an old Ford Flathead V-8, or a more modern V-8 engine.
As the verbiage on the website says, that makes that hotrod a little more cool.
I had a friend way back in the day that had a Dodge Duster with a slant six...even though it was a six-banger, it still ran like a bat out of he**...!!!!! :joyfull: :)
I have no idea what most of that means. LOL But I can see you driving like a bat out of you know where in a hotrod!

Songbird76

My grandfather on my mothers' side had a 1929 Model A Ford that he restored to like-new condition (he bought it new, but, it deteriorated over the years on the farm - then, during the late 60's, early 70's, he spent about 5 years restoring it to like-new condition)
that looked a lot like this one, except it was a ragtop...it was sooo cool to ride around in...!!! :)

View attachment 196260
Now that is a sweet car!! Love it!! When hubby and I got married, one of my brother's friends had an old Bentley and he drove us around in that for a while between the ceremony and our reception. It was SOOOO cool. Not a ragtop, though.

Songbird76

The fact that pretty much everyone else had a great singing voice really did make her rather thin voice stand out even more. But I do agree with Songbird76 that they seemed to pick her because she really does seem to personify Belle... I can't picture her having been Cinderella at all though!
Me either...but then, I thought the woman who played Cinderella was perfect for the role and I can't really imagine another actress doing that now.

Songbird76

She was the GYN in Bridget Jones's Baby and it was absolutely hilarious.

She was also in Men in Black 3 and was Captain Amelia in Treasure Planet. Oh, and Merida's mother in Brave.
Ah, yeah I've not seen any of those except Brave, which of course is animated, so I wouldn't have seen HER. I can't stand Renee Zelwegger so I have never seen any of the Bridget Jones movies.

Songbird76

I must be the only person who's not a fan of Olive Garden:oops: In my defense I grew up in an area with some amazing mom and pop Italian restaurants and some of my friends had their grandmothers living with them and English was either their second or third language, 4th if you count Latin
Well, we stopped going to Olive Garden because the closest one to us was in the same town as a fantabulous little mom and pop Italian place that is still our favorite and we make sure to go there when we are in the US. It's only a little over an hour away from my brother's. But if Olive Garden is the only Italian you can get, it seems pretty good.

Songbird76

I was in Target yesterday and saw the DVD of Moana. Never saw the movie before (I don't see many movies), so I picked it up. Although I had heard good reviews of it, I wasn't all that impressed. The story was sorta cute, but nothing special about the animation. The only good point about the film was the music--they did a great job with that.
Is that on DVD already? Maybe it's just over here that it just left theaters. I didn't see it...it just didn't look great to me and didn't interest me in the slightest. I'll watch it if it comes on Netflix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom