Pre-Trip Vacation Creep at it's best - April 9, 12-15

I am traveling to Tampa for work in April, and somehow I've gone from spending 4 days in Tampa to spending 2.5 days in Tampa and 4 in Orlando. What can I say?! It's true that the AP burns a hole in your pocket...

I just moved my flight into Tampa to be into MCO (cheaper, so yay!) on April 9, so I can go to one of the parks that afternoon/evening and then drive to Tampa. There's a rumor that there will be Pandora previews that day, but I'm not super confident that will actually come true, as it's not a super reliable source. It was cheaper for me to pickup and return the car at MCO anyway, so I'm saving my employer money...good for me :angelic:

Any ideas about what I should do that day?! Will any of you WDWMagic-ers be there on April 9?

I'll definitely be in Tampa the 10th and 11th, then I'll be driving back to Orlando on the 12th around lunch and I'll meet my husband at MCO to drop off my rental car and ride back to WDW with him on the Magical Express.

And thus begins our very short and MUCH needed vacation!

When? April 12-15
Where? Caribbean Beach
Why? Spring Break/work trip

Wednesday: No ressies, we just want to go check out the Flower & Garden Fest. We won't be there until at least 4ish.

Thursday: FPs in MK (Pirates, 7D, Big Thunder) and dinner at Skipper Canteen

Friday: FPs in Epcot (Frozen, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth) and dinner at Biergarten

Saturday: Morning and lunch at Epcot. Late FPs at AK (Safari, Everest), dinner at Boma!, back to AK for Rivers of Light.

That's it! We are excited to try some new eats and experience our favorite German buffet :inlove:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I must be in the wrong line of business. :cautious: I'm so jealous of people who get to travel to the WDW area, because they're on "a business trip"?!! :p
The college where I work is Baptist, so it's a missions related trip. They'll be working with a church in Tampa and I'll be photographing our students doing whatever they end up doing. I kind of initiated it because in the back of my mind I was hoping I could fit in some Disney :D

Kiwiduck

I am traveling to Tampa for work in April, and somehow I've gone from spending 4 days in Tampa to spending 2.5 days in Tampa and 4 in Orlando. What can I say?! It's true that the AP burns a hole in your pocket...

I just moved my flight into Tampa to be into MCO (cheaper, so yay!) on April 9, so I can go to one of the parks that afternoon/evening and then drive to Tampa. There's a rumor that there will be Pandora previews that day, but I'm not super confident that will actually come true, as it's not a super reliable source. It was cheaper for me to pickup and return the car at MCO anyway, so I'm saving my employer money...good for me :angelic:

Any ideas about what I should do that day?! Will any of you WDWMagic-ers be there on April 9?

I'll definitely be in Tampa the 10th and 11th, then I'll be driving back to Orlando on the 12th around lunch and I'll meet my husband at MCO to drop off my rental car and ride back to WDW with him on the Magical Express.

And thus begins our very short and MUCH needed vacation!

When? April 12-15
Where? Caribbean Beach
Why? Spring Break/work trip

Wednesday: No ressies, we just want to go check out the Flower & Garden Fest. We won't be there until at least 4ish.

Thursday: FPs in MK (Pirates, 7D, Big Thunder) and dinner at Skipper Canteen

Friday: FPs in Epcot (Frozen, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth) and dinner at Biergarten

Saturday: Morning and lunch at Epcot. Late FPs at AK (Safari, Everest), dinner at Boma!, back to AK for Rivers of Light.

That's it! We are excited to try some new eats and experience our favorite German buffet :inlove:
What a beautiful picture of the castle. Looking forward to seeing lots more!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I've decided for April 9th, I'm going to park at the TTC and ride over to Epcot first. Gotta get my caramel corn at Karamell Kuche!

I'll stay there for a little while and do whatever. I don't know how long...I may even end up walking over to the Boardwalk. Eventually, I'll make my way over to Magic Kingdom to watch Wishes. I want to see it this last time, and my husband isn't big on standing around waiting for it, so while he's not there I'll stake out a good spot and wait. Then if we don't have a great spot when he's with me later in the week, it'll be ok!

The mass exit to the TTC after Wishes is going to be awful, but I don't know how else I can do this. I'll just have to deal with it.

I guess I could potentially park at Epcot and then call a Lyft back there from MK, but I'm not super familiar with Lyft (or Uber) at this point, so I'd be nervous to try it.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I always say I want to stop in there and get caramel corn but always forget with everything else around. And for the last 2 years dd15 has had braces and she loves popcorn, so I thought it would not be fair to her. Hoping by next trip she will be out of them. Then we can partake in the caramel goodness.
That would be a great way to celebrate having the braces off! I absolutely love the stuff. I never finish the bag in one sitting, and it gets a tad soggy by the next day, which is when I love it most. :p

Tuvalu

You could watch Wishes from the TTC ~ the view is dead center and the music is piped in. You wouldn't have to fight the MK crowds and you'd be close to your car.

IMG_5641.JPG

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
You could watch Wishes from the TTC ~ the view is dead center and the music is piped in. You wouldn't have to fight the MK crowds and you'd be close to your car.

View attachment 196073
I think I want to just go for it and watch it in the park, since it might be the last time I see it. I've watched it from the Poly several times, and I do enjoy it from there! Where at the TTC do you watch it? The dock?

I ended up getting a FP for 7 Dwarves after Wishes, so that will help get the crowds dispersed a little. I feel bad waiting that late to go down to Tampa, but oh well :D

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I guess I could potentially park at Epcot and then call a Lyft back there from MK, but I'm not super familiar with Lyft (or Uber) at this point, so I'd be nervous to try it.
While I have never used them in WDW, I use Uber often where I live and it is extremely easy. @lentesta did a podcast last year on wdwtoday and took uber and cabs all around property to compare prices. Perhaps he can tell you which episode. It is definitely worth checking out. If I recall correctly, the uber drivers have to pick you up at Contemporary. I could be wrong or maybe that changed.

If you have never used it, the Uber app has a map and you can see the car as it approaches. In busy areas such a MK, I would recommend calling or texting the driver before they arrive so you can be sure to set an exact meeting location. I will probly use it a few times during our June trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom